Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, pajobra said:

OMG Chris got a letter from USCIS in informed delivery today. :D He is sure its the NOA2 looks like notice date is August 9th. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I am crying I am so happy. My kitty Pixie is trying to comfort me because she thinks I am sad. lol Chris is home sick today so he said that when mail gets delivered in a few hours he will see if he is up to getting the mail. Hopefully he is and then we will open it on Skype together. OMG OMG OMG I am so happy. I really felt like it was never coming. Chris said to me see love you said we were getting our NOA2 last week and technically we did it was approved last week. LMAO So soon as we do I will let you all know for sure. :D 

I hope all March filers get theirs today that are waiting and the rest of the February filers too that still need theirs. Looks like if August 9th is our date that was Day 149 from received and Day 146 from notice.

So happy to see this! There are a few others on this thread going through the Montreal consulate who, I am sure, will be more than happy to help with any questions you have going forward.

Edited by gob332

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG Chris got a letter from USCIS in informed delivery today. :D He is sure its the NOA2 looks like notice date is August 9th. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I am crying I am so happy. My kitty Pixie is trying to comfort me because she thinks I am sad. lol Chris is home sick today so he said that when mail gets delivered in a few hours he will see if he is up to getting the mail. Hopefully he is and then we will open it on Skype together. OMG OMG OMG I am so happy. I really felt like it was never coming. Chris said to me see love you said we were getting our NOA2 last week and technically we did it was approved last week. LMAO So soon as we do I will let you all know for sure. :D 

I hope all March filers get theirs today that are waiting and the rest of the February filers too that still need theirs. Looks like if August 9th is our date that was Day 149 from received and Day 146 from notice.

WHHOOOOAAAAAA!   THIS IS EXCITING!!!!

I am anxious to hear!!!!

soooooo, tell me, oh prognosticator of NOA2's....... What do you see in my future?      LOL

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yzabelle said:

@AnJ Co I noticed that your received date was 3/13, notice date was 3/21. Mine is 3/14 and notice date was 3/20! I really cant wait til you get yours! I'm sure anytime soon there's going to be good news!

And to all of March filers who are still waiting, I'm sure it's going to come very soon! :)) 

keep praying..

Yeah, those dates can drive you nuts.  Another VJ member here mailed one day after me, NOA1 one day after me, and they have visa in hand...... so just goes to show how this whole process is as random as it can be.

All we can do is expect it to happen in God's perfect timing and do everything we can do in the meantime :D

Timeline
1 hour ago, SimplyBlessed said:

Was told on the phone I have RFE August 7, still nothing in the mail....

No update on the Tracker or the site

Day 157 

Sometimes I want to cry....

But Congrats to all that have moved on to NOA2 and those you have interview

dates!   

Absolutely ridiculous it took a hundred and fifty seven days to arrive at an RFE!  Hang in there, for sure the rest of us are going to be here for a while longer - no news monday :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations to you

K-1 Visa

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/29/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/17 - Check cashed

04/05/17 - NOA1
04/06/17 - NOA1 Text 
04/10/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
08/11/17 - NOA2 APPROVED

08/15/17 - NOA2 Text and Email
08/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
08/24/17 - NVC Received I-129F 
08/25/17 - Case Number Received

08/31/17 - Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

09/01/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
09/27/17 - Medical

10/06/17 - Interview - APPROVED 
10/11/17 - Visa Issued

10/16/17 - Visa in Hand

10/26/17 - POE - Atlanta 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, twoDs said:

So... No NOA2 today BUT... an email from my senator:

I just received the below response from the California Service Center after making an inquiry on your behalf. They report that your case has been APPROVED and is being sent to the National Visa Center for further processing. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for your August 04, 2017, inquiry on behalf of your constituent, XXXXX, regarding the I-129F petition filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  In receipt of your inquiry, a thorough review was completed on your constituent’s case.  USCIS records show the following:

-  The California Service Center approved the referenced I129F petition on August 11, 2017, an approval will be sent to the petitioners address of record.  The petition will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing. 

Since USCIS records can confirm that the case will be sent to the NVC (in approximately 2-3 weeks), USCIS will no longer have jurisdiction over the approved I-129F petition. Please address all further inquiries to the NVC. The NVC can be contacted at:...

So now the big question -- did the inquiry trigger the approval? We'll never know. I'd still advise doing it if you're still waiting.

Congrats on the approval! The congressional inquiry does make one wonder.

On to the next steps for another Canadian case!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, twoDs said:

So... No NOA2 today BUT... an email from my senator:

I just received the below response from the California Service Center after making an inquiry on your behalf. They report that your case has been APPROVED and is being sent to the National Visa Center for further processing. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for your August 04, 2017, inquiry on behalf of your constituent, XXXXX, regarding the I-129F petition filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  In receipt of your inquiry, a thorough review was completed on your constituent’s case.  USCIS records show the following:

-  The California Service Center approved the referenced I129F petition on August 11, 2017, an approval will be sent to the petitioners address of record.  The petition will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing. 

Since USCIS records can confirm that the case will be sent to the NVC (in approximately 2-3 weeks), USCIS will no longer have jurisdiction over the approved I-129F petition. Please address all further inquiries to the NVC. The NVC can be contacted at:...

So now the big question -- did the inquiry trigger the approval? We'll never know. I'd still advise doing it if you're still waiting.

WHAT!!!!!     HEY HEY HEY  :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!   THIS IS AWESOME

Oh wow!!! CONGRATULATIONS FINALLY!!!!!

I've really felt for you and did say a prayer for you last week. Reading your posts, I know it's been a tough road but everything in Gods time. Really glad it FINALLY came through! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, gob332 said:

Congrats on the approval! The congressional inquiry does make one wonder.

On to the next steps for another Canadian case!

Makes me wonder as well, along with pajobra getting their case (same dates as us) approved as well.

Perhaps it made them touch the box we were both stuck in?

It'll be interesting to see if AnJ Co gets theirs since they share the dates as well.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

WHAT!!!!!     HEY HEY HEY  :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!   THIS IS AWESOME

Thank you! It's a relief to me, and of course the bride-to-be is very happy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, pajobra said:

Congratulations!!  this is great news

I'm just curious if there is anyone here from the UK, I'm a February filer currently on day 172 waiting for my NOA2. Majority of Feb filers have now scheduled their interviews and medicals and I'm panicking that by the time i get my NOA2 and schedule my medical/interview that i'll be all alone with nobody to answer my questions lol. So I'm going to creep over here to you Marchy's :lol: 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Missabc said:

I'm just curious if there is anyone here from the UK, I'm a February filer currently on day 172 waiting for my NOA2. Majority of Feb filers have now scheduled their interviews and medicals and I'm panicking that by the time i get my NOA2 and schedule my medical/interview that i'll be all alone with nobody to answer my questions lol. So I'm going to creep over here to you Marchy's :lol: 

You're a week shy of 6 months, file an inquiry through one of your senators/congressmen, it won't hurt anything and could shake your case loose.

10 minutes ago, twoDs said:

You're a week shy of 6 months, file an inquiry through one of your senators/congressmen, it won't hurt anything and could shake your case loose.

We got an RFE and responded to it within a day of receiving it, they have now had our RFE response 4 weeks this Friday. It was only a missed box that we didn't cross. My fiance called last week and they advised him if he hadn't heard anything by the 30th day to call them back. I know that wont make a difference because there is another couple awaiting their NOA2 after an RFE and have been waiting 60 days and when they call they just get told to wait longer. I'm completely deflated at the moment, I was meant to be there for the 3rd of October but that is no longer going to happen. :(

Edit: I was also debating contacting the congressman again but last time we contacted him it took nearly 2 months for him to reply. It will all depend on the response we get on Friday from USCIS when we call.... again. 

Edited by Missabc

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.