Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

Hey all! 
it's that time again hehe I need some advice time! :wacko:
This morning I was thoroughly looking over my I-797 and I noticed they spelled my F's middle name wrong :o
Ok, so here is my question...
Who do I contact in regards to this?!  The CSC OR the NVC?!
Any help or advice on this would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

One more question...
Why do they get to make mistakes!?  lol

I'd contact the NVC and pray/beg that they ignore it. We know CSC isn't a fast mover.

I looks like this happens a lot, there's a question about this on reddit this morning as well.

Edited by twoDs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
6 minutes ago, twoDs said:

I'd contact the NVC and pray/beg that they ignore it. We know CSC isn't a fast mover.

I looks like this happens a lot, there's a question about this on reddit this morning as well.

That was probably my F hehe 
He did submit on there maybe like almost an hour ago?  lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Did anyone here ever fly with JetBlue? Totally unknown to me! But they're handling my preferred flight, so I was scouting experiences! :) 

They're pretty good. Most of their flights land.  I suppose a great percentage of their baggage isn't lost. 

Heh heh heh heh 

Just messing with ya

Just 10 minutes ago i was looking at booking a flight witb jet blue.  Good airline

Just now, AnJ Co said:

They're pretty good. Most of their flights land.  I suppose a great percentage of their baggage isn't lost. 

Heh heh heh heh 

Just messing with ya

Just 10 minutes ago i was looking at booking a flight witb jet blue.  Good airline

Hahaha, you know how paranoid I am :D
I just saw they're only handling the flight from Boston to Richmond. The transatlantical will be Iceland Air themselves. 
I rather fly with Delta, but can't help it. That's the only thing that makes sense... traveltime and pricewise. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Hahaha, you know how paranoid I am :D
I just saw they're only handling the flight from Boston to Richmond. The transatlantical will be Iceland Air themselves. 
I rather fly with Delta, but can't help it. That's the only thing that makes sense... traveltime and pricewise. 

Yep, they're cool.  You'll be fine.  

Timeline
17 minutes ago, twoDs said:

So, also, I remember that someone here had a name issue and it caused some problems with getting the number at the NVC... so, I just hope this is not the case with me =/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

So, also, I remember that someone here had a name issue and it caused some problems with getting the number at the NVC... so, I just hope this is not the case with me =/

A typo in a middle name is a pretty small error, they may not even catch it themselves.

It looks like the standard practice is to correct it at the interview:

My reaction would be to start with the embassy, they have the case the longest and actually give you the visa. No one wants to deal with USCIS longer than they have to!

If you're adventurous, there is this: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do

Edited by twoDs

Timeline
1 hour ago, dkmfan85 said:

Send the USCIS a RFE. :jest:
It's past the USCIS stage, so your choices are probably to contact the NVC and ask them about it in the window of a few days that they have it, or wait until it hits the embassy and fix it there.

29 minutes ago, twoDs said:

4 minutes ago, twoDs said:

A typo in a middle name is a pretty small error, they may not even catch it themselves.

It looks like the standard practice is to correct it at the interview:

My reaction would be to start with the embassy, they have the case the longest and actually give you the visa. No one wants to deal with USCIS longer than they have to!

If you're adventurous, there is this: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do

Thank you! I feel a bit better about this now! =)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

Thank you! I feel a bit better about this now! =)

Waiting for someone to ask so I will..... 

on NOA1, Is it correct there?

I'm wondering how it can be different on the 2 if it is correct on the 1

Timeline
1 hour ago, dkmfan85 said:

Send the USCIS a RFE. :jest:

and BTW, learned the hard way not to read DKMFAN85 posts at lunch.  This cracked me up!  Totally unexpected that reply!

Timeline
2 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Waiting for someone to ask so I will..... 

on NOA1, Is it correct there?

I'm wondering how it can be different on the 2 if it is correct on the 1

It is correct on the NOA1, I guess someone saw the r n -rn- as m

They must have been skimming and not paying attention?

Timeline
5 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

How to Get Married in Las Vegas, Nevada

Gather together your paperwork. You will need identification, such as a driver's license or passport.

<snip>   I love the last step - if you don't have a witness, one will be appointed for you LOL

No witnesses required at the honeymoon I hope :rofl:

Timeline
5 hours ago, Holly♡ said:

Hey all! 
it's that time again hehe I need some advice time! :wacko:
This morning I was thoroughly looking over my I-797 and I noticed they spelled my F's middle name wrong :o
Ok, so here is my question...
Who do I contact in regards to this?!  The CSC OR the NVC?!
Any help or advice on this would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

One more question...
Why do they get to make mistakes!?  lol

I assume it's wrong on both the NOA 1 and NOA 2?

interesting you said "middle" name is wrong because on my NOA there is no middle name listed even though I obviously put it on the I-129F

I know many members who also have no middle name on the NOA so interesting they put it on yours AND spelled it wrong.

I would not contact NVC about it.

Good God they might send it BACK to USCIS.

Deal with it at Embassy stage.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LabOz said:

I assume it's wrong on both the NOA 1 and NOA 2?

interesting you said "middle" name is wrong because on my NOA there is no middle name listed even though I obviously put it on the I-129F

I know many members who also have no middle name on the NOA so interesting they put it on yours AND spelled it wrong.

I would not contact NVC about it.

Good God they might send it BACK to USCIS.

Deal with it at Embassy stage.

The things you learn by accident.  The other day I was reading the beneficiary name on the NOA1 and I noted how it was abbreviated. Holly said her NOA1 was correct and the 2 was incorrect.  I think it's really unimportant what the NOA says, it seems to just loosely identify the beneficiary.  I bet it makes no difference.  I'd just go ahead and call NVC and disregard HOW they spelled anything :D

By the way, you got a tiki torch I can borrow? LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.