Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

1. I moved just a few months ago. I made sure to update the USCIS as to my new address. If you did that, it should follow through to the rest of the process. If not, you may need to contact the embassy.
2. It wouldn't hurt to include it to show employment record.
3. Include salary, that it is a full time position and date started printed on company letterhead. Should be signed by a supervisor or HR department.
4.You might want to check the embassy website on the translation stuff. I know for Ukraine, it specifically states that they do not need translations as their staff speaks English, Russian and Ukrainian. Spanish is a much more ubiquitous language.

But I moved from Costa Rica to US one year ago :P My first year living in US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. It's me again. As I have told yesterday, my fiance called the uscis on monday Aug 7, he was able to talk to a tier 2 officer. He explained our situation to the officer and how our case is taking so long, ask if we could expedite our case. Fiance stated reasons a sto why we shld request for an expedite, he mentioned his Best friend who is getting married on October, he's one of the groomsman and he wishes we could come together in the wedding as our names are both in the invitation letter. And that it would be nice to have me by his side on that special day. He mentioned too how I starting to lose all my savings as I have already left work 8 months ago. Why I left? I had to give up my good paying job abroad to go back home in the Philippines so we could meet and spend time together. He is supporting me financially but to be honest, I dont want to as I knew from the start he pays his bills as well. He has lots of expenses and I dont want to be a burden and bothersome. After all, I have my savings, thats the only way I think I could help in the littlest way possible. So going back to the main topic, the officer placed a general inquiry request in our behalf. He explained our situation there, he said the jurisdiction may grant or not grant the request but there's a possibility they will. He advised us to wait for a response in 4-6 days. The next day I logged in to uscis website and check my case history. It says on 08/07/2017 your general inquiry with referral number wkdxxxxxxxxxxcsc was assigned to an officer for response. It has been 4 days now. They might dig our case or not, who knows. We are on our 137th day today. And just this morning, We received an email from csc. I'll show it below. Does this mean they are already working on our case? And does it really has to be within 45 days to receive the noa2? 

IMG_9878.PNG

Edited by Nhona Scott

31 minutes ago, Shinelley said:

Really and mines been saying ready and I'm here waiting on a letter from the Consulate now I'm confused. Help

Do you have an email address for your consulate? If you know their packet 3 requirements, and know they expect you to email it it to them, I would email them, but that's just me. It worked here in Canada... if you are patient, wait it out but I doubt I'll get packet 3 in the mail before my interview.. I know some people wait 3+ weeks before receiving it, or more, depending where you live. Do a search for your country and packet 3 and see what others have done?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Minor surprise this afternoon, case tracker spotted a RFE response just four cases away from ours. I don't think that case was even marked as RFE sent before.

I'll cross my fingers that means something, since I have nothing else to go on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, amishbaby said:

I got my letter of employment from my co-sponsor so looks like tonight I'm double checking to make sure I have everything ready to send to my fiancee next Thursday. I'm super excited for it... I know every step I get closer and closer to finally having him here and it's so surreal at this point. It almost feels like a dream. We've been together since 2015 and it's nothing compared to what most people on VJ have been together. I can't imagine how some do it for so long, but it shows unbelievable strength to keep the relationship strong since LDR's aren't easy. I'm just finally happy we can fully spend time together (longer than 90 days :P) and won't have to countdown our days together. 

What a happy day it is! I stressed so long about finding a co-sponsor never believing I would even find one. I can't believe how far we've come. 

Does anyone know the best option to ship my papers internationally to my fiancee? I'm more nervous about my mail getting lost than ever. I was thinking USPS since I haven't had a problem with them delivering mail I've sent in the past. International scares me a bit though.

I go USPS or FedEx. FedEx has a faster guaranteed delivery time, but is slightly more expensive (~$65 vs. ~$45 for a document envelope). They can do it quickly because they do their own in house customs processing, so it doesn't go through the regular line that everyone else waits for with standard mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, twoDs said:

Minor surprise this afternoon, case tracker spotted a RFE response just four cases away from ours. I don't think that case was even marked as RFE sent before.

I hope that means they were working on your date and approved yours!

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Michael Zamot said:

But I moved from Costa Rica to US one year ago :P My first year living in US.

You should be fine, just follow directions on page 2 of instructions.   https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Include what you do have.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, twoDs said:

On July 26, one 6 spots from me got RFE, I thought the same thing.  Back on June 21, one 6 spots away from me got RFE, I thought the same thing.  I'll probably always think that for any close by me.  However, fingers crossed for ya! Maybe, just maybe :whistle:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just want to ask how to check the ITR form 1040 online? My fiance seems like having a hard time looking for it.. :( Thank you!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

Hello. It's me again. As I have told yesterday, my fiance called the uscis on monday Aug 7, he was able to talk to a tier 2 officer. He explained our situation to the officer and how our case is taking so long, ask if we could expedite our case. Fiance stated reasons a sto why we shld request for an expedite, he mentioned his Best friend who is getting married on October, he's one of the groomsman and he wishes we could come together in the wedding as our names are both in the invitation letter. And that it would be nice to have me by his side on that special day. He mentioned too how I starting to lose all my savings as I have already left work 8 months ago. Why I left? I had to give up my good paying job abroad to go back home in the Philippines so we could meet and spend time together. He is supporting me financially but to be honest, I dont want to as I knew from the start he pays his bills as well. He has lots of expenses and I dont want to be a burden and bothersome. After all, I have my savings, thats the only way I think I could help in the littlest way possible. So going back to the main topic, the officer placed a general inquiry request in our behalf. He explained our situation there, he said the jurisdiction may grant or not grant the request but there's a possibility they will. He advised us to wait for a response in 4-6 days. The next day I logged in to uscis website and check my case history. It says on 08/07/2017 your general inquiry with referral number wkdxxxxxxxxxxcsc was assigned to an officer for response. It has been 4 days now. They might dig our case or not, who knows. We are on our 137th day today. And just this morning, We received an email from csc. I'll show it below. Does this mean they are already working on our case? And does it really has to be within 45 days to receive the noa2? 

IMG_9878.PNG

They keep us confused, but looks like you have your case touched.  If no RFE, they usually just approve them while it is in their hands.  Stranger things have happened, though.  FIngers crossed for you also :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

They keep us confused, but looks like you have your case touched.  If no RFE, they usually just approve them while it is in their hands.  Stranger things have happened, though.  FIngers crossed for you also :)

Thank you! Yas, they really are confusing at times. But this email from them gave me hope. Fingers crossed! I hope its not an rfe lol. Either way, as long as its already touched, Its fine. 🙏🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

Hello. It's me again. The next day I logged in to uscis website and check my case history. It says on 08/07/2017 your general inquiry with referral number wkdxxxxxxxxxxcsc was assigned to an officer for response. It has been 4 days now. They might dig our case or not, who knows. We are on our 137th day today. And just this morning, We received an email from csc. I'll show it below. Does this mean they are already working on our case? And does it really has to be within 45 days to receive the noa2? 

IMG_9878.PNG

That's mean they're touch / review your file now. We got the same message like this when we sent online inquiry two months ago. It takes 2 weeks for them to give us new update and at that time, we got RFE.

Somebody else from February filers got the new update after 3 weeks they received this same message, they got NOA2 letter. Each case is different, all you can do now just waiting. Because they're now working on your file. Best of luck for you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

Hi everyone! I just want to ask how to check the ITR form 1040 online? My fiance seems like having a hard time looking for it.. :( Thank you!

https://www.irs.gov/onlineservices If you answer all the magical questions correctly, you can download and print transcripts. If they can't verify your identity (like in my case), then you wait a few days for a letter from the IRS with an 8 digit activation code, and then you can download and print tax transcripts. I just did this today.

Edited by dkmfan85

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JloveN said:

That's mean they're touch / review your file now. We got the same message like this when we sent online inquiry two months ago. It takes 2 weeks for them to give us new update and at that time, we got RFE.

Somebody else from February filers got the new update after 3 weeks they received this same message, they got NOA2 letter. Each case is different, all you can do now just waiting. Because they're now working on your file. Best of luck for you!

Yas! Nothing I can do now but to wait. Thank you for your response guys! I appreciate. I was so close to breaking down the past few days from all the waiting game but this simple message gave me hope. Im happy to know its already been touched. 😊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.