Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

I had it several times, and nothing got saved by the way, had to fill in the whole form again.

Try later!

I saw someone post about a workaround to this months ago, but don't remember where. Just start searching VJ, the answer is here somewhere.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, pajobra said:

I am hitting a downward spiral again so I think I am gonna take a VJ break for a few days. :) Hope you all get approvals soon. I am not counting on us ever getting one at this rate. Its driving me crazy seeing all these approvals now after my date. Oh don't get me wrong I am happy for all those April filers and end of March filers you all deserve it but honestly this gets old. Either give us an approval or freakin deny us cause right now I don't care which. I just want a decision. Day 151

it would drive anyone crazy...

I hope you can find something fun to do, just something to make you smile because I don't really believe anything can distract you completely at this point.

I do hope your approval is on its way, as well as all the others' who got stuck somewhere between the shelves at USCIS

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Getting to Tier 2 is now easier, just can't manage to get to Tier 3.

Learned today that every time one calls, it gets recorded on your case?  Hmmmmm, dunno if that's a + or -.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Getting to Tier 2 is now easier, just can't manage to get to Tier 3.

Learned today that every time one calls, it gets recorded on your case?  Hmmmmm, dunno if that's a + or -.

I don't believe that. Maybe for tier 2. There's no way tier 1 looking up the WAC number of the USCIS website like we do it getting recorded.

My bet is it's only recorded if they actually touch the file rather than give a canned answer.

Timeline
1 minute ago, twoDs said:

I don't believe that. Maybe for tier 2. There's no way tier 1 looking up the WAC number of the USCIS website like we do it getting recorded.

My bet is it's only recorded if they actually touch the file rather than give a canned answer.

Dunno, talked to Flo tier 2. That's what she said.

Well, I spent a week calling and shaking doors.  Next week I'm ramping it up.  5 months is rediculous. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Eric&Olya said:

I had it several times, and nothing got saved by the way, had to fill in the whole form again.

Try later!

it can be picky about the size of the photo / pixel size

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

My NVC case is now "In Transit" yay!

As soon as it is ready we will schedule the interview and medicals.

I have one doubt here. I am sponsoring my fiance, I have dual citizenship American-Costa Rican (was born in Florida, but was raised in Costa Rica). I moved to United States in October last year for the first time and started the k1 to bring my fiance too. Since I moved, I've been working, my first W2 is not a complete yearly salary, as I started working in October, so it's only 3 months, but still these 3 months are above the required minimum. In January I started a new job with IBM, and in June I quitted to join the company of my dreams.

1. Because I just moved almost one year ago, would that be a problem? I am American, with Birth Certificate and Passport. NOA2 was perfect and no RFE.

2. Should I ask IBM for a letter saying I worked there from January to June, just in case they ask in the interview?

3. For my current employer, should I ask them to create a letter for me, saying I work there and the salary?

4. For my fiance, does she need to find an authorized translator or can she translate the papers like birth certificate, criminal record, etc?

Thank you!

3 hours ago, L&LM said:

Sent in packet 3 as soon as my status on CEAC said ready, and the very next day (today) received packet 4 instructions! Interview booked for September 6! Yay!

Really and mines been saying ready and I'm here waiting on a letter from the Consulate now I'm confused. Help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Michael Zamot said:

My NVC case is now "In Transit" yay!

As soon as it is ready we will schedule the interview and medicals.

I have one doubt here. I am sponsoring my fiance, I have dual citizenship American-Costa Rican (was born in Florida, but was raised in Costa Rica). I moved to United States in October last year for the first time and started the k1 to bring my fiance too. Since I moved, I've been working, my first W2 is not a complete yearly salary, as I started working in October, so it's only 3 months, but still these 3 months are above the required minimum. In January I started a new job with IBM, and in June I quitted to join the company of my dreams.

1. Because I just moved almost one year ago, would that be a problem? I am American, with Birth Certificate and Passport. NOA2 was perfect and no RFE.

2. Should I ask IBM for a letter saying I worked there from January to June, just in case they ask in the interview?

3. For my current employer, should I ask them to create a letter for me, saying I work there and the salary?

4. For my fiance, does she need to find an authorized translator or can she translate the papers like birth certificate, criminal record, etc?

Thank you!

1. I moved just a few months ago. I made sure to update the USCIS as to my new address. If you did that, it should follow through to the rest of the process. If not, you may need to contact the embassy.
2. It wouldn't hurt to include it to show employment record.
3. Include salary, that it is a full time position and date started printed on company letterhead. Should be signed by a supervisor or HR department.
4.You might want to check the embassy website on the translation stuff. I know for Ukraine, it specifically states that they do not need translations as their staff speaks English, Russian and Ukrainian. Spanish is a much more ubiquitous language.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.