Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
47 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Funny how much we all have in common.  Coco Beach is one of my favorites...... I love the area, not to pricey, lots of fun things to do there and it's just East of Orlando a bit.  As far as a sunrise or sunset wedding, as I explained to my F, there is nothing like the fire in the sky as a sunrise develops over the Atlantic at first light.  Something synonymous about a wedding and the beginning of the day :) We plan on a sunrise wedding on the beach, probably Hollywood Beach because it's remoteness and yet ease of getting guests there.  Nearby, our reception in a hotel with breakfast for guests.  We plan to honeymoon in Key West, but we probably will avoid the Duval Crawl LOL but we'll hit all the bars for the food and music.  Neither of us drinks much, but Key West is a truly fun place!

This is another thing... I usually work till 11pm and get home close to midnight and who goes to bed as soon as they get home?! So, with that being said... I am not an early bird by any means  lol  And then I am gonna have the adjustment in time so... yikes! this has really got me thinking about this now. I was thinking about a sunrise because it is prettier and less people on the beach too, but... OMG!!! lol  I just checked google and sunrise on cocoa beach on Dec 12 will be at 7:05 am... that will be like 4:05am my time! And then it is one hour from the place we are staying... looking like it won't be a sunrise wedding if it is to be had on the east coast lol
Thanks for the info though lol It was sounding good until I started really thinking about it. I don't wanna look exhausted on my wedding day or in the photos too  hehe
This does have me thinking more about the west coast now since sunset is more my time frame. Thoughts? cuz I'm feeling like things just got complicated  lol  Or should I just not even worry about where the sun is at all and keep it east coast?! Help! But the people in the middle of the day... I mean the beach goers lol
Am I starting to overthink this now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, P and L said:

Hi guys I received news about my NOA2 Today:jest:😄🎉

SENT.    09/3/2017

NOA1.   14/3/2017

NOA2.   04/8/2017

so excited 😁😁:jest::jest:

WOW!  Awesome!!!!     I bet you are excited!     Thanx for sharing

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Timeline

And I just wanna say something real quick in regards to the informed delivery and their letters...
I am not sure how or why people are getting confused about their NOA2's possibly being an RFE... I thought RFE's come by text and email first then the snail mail comes?
I thought that if you don't receive that text or email... it IS your NOA2!!  Ya'll are stressing yourselves out over this!! hehe  Cuz either way, they have touched your case! 
Be happy all and no stressing!!! =) 
P.S. That seems to be my job as you can see from my previous post  hehe

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

I just wanted to let you know that when I was doing the I-129f I found videos on youtube, so you could probably find videos on this form there too. There are lots of videos where people go through each line and they can be REALLY helpful =)

hahaha  I used to take apart my blackberry and replace the keyboard or screen just using youtube.  I think anything can be youtubed lol  I just hope there are no appendectomy or open heart surgeries on there, can you imagine a Dr following youtube in surgery?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

This is another thing... I usually work till 11pm and get home close to midnight and who goes to bed as soon as they get home?! So, with that being said... I am not an early bird by any means  lol  And then I am gonna have the adjustment in time so... yikes! this has really got me thinking about this now. I was thinking about a sunrise because it is prettier and less people on the beach too, but... OMG!!! lol  I just checked google and sunrise on cocoa beach on Dec 12 will be at 7:05 am... that will be like 4:05am my time! And then it is one hour from the place we are staying... looking like it won't be a sunrise wedding if it is to be had on the east coast lol
Thanks for the info though lol It was sounding good until I started really thinking about it. I don't wanna look exhausted on my wedding day or in the photos too  hehe
This does have me thinking more about the west coast now since sunset is more my time frame. Thoughts? cuz I'm feeling like things just got complicated  lol  Or should I just not even worry about where the sun is at all and keep it east coast?! Help! But the people in the middle of the day... I mean the beach goers lol
Am I starting to overthink this now?

Ha, Apparently we have a lot of time to think about this lol     (wink wink uscis - quit reading this and get busy!)

My friend's daughter just got married in April, she had a beach wedding. Prior to the wedding she was over here schooling her dad on the father daughter dance and I got to talking to her about her plans. She gave some reasons for her choices to me, but I just remember these 2: 

- Sunday venue cheaper. Reception in beach hotel was cheaper for Sunday and for breakfast as no one was competing for the day AND the time 

- Sunrise as her friend got married on the beach later in the day and group of kids was in background of pictures mooning and other photo bombing (she did say later it was unique and they laughed about it but at the time it was stressful and aggravating and they couldn't chase them away)

- She didn't use a beach wedding service, she felt they provided what could easily be provided herself.  The beach is public access and you can gather at will without using a service.

If a sunrise or sunset is what you want, then that is going to be a factor.  I would imagine that you won't sleep the night before anyway due to the anticipation of the wedding (I know I can't sleep when something important is tomorrow lol)  I think from Orlando, the toll road across to the Gulf side is about as fast as going to Coco on the Atlantic.  It's about the same???.  If the sun does not really have an importance, then I guess the East or West side is about the same.  What about getting a hotel in Coco instead and go to Orlando afterwards?

Ahhhh  Decisions Decisions LOL   

Timeline
7 minutes ago, twinee said:

They updated the processing times to Feb 1st now. I guess I have to wait another month before I'm outside of normal processing time again being that my noa2 is Feb 2nd. 190 days is too long. 

Since they go by receive dates at USCIS, try it again.  They received yours before your 2/2 notice date, right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Since they go by receive dates at USCIS, try it again.  They received yours before your 2/2 notice date, right?

I submitted an inquiry back on 7/12/17 and they sent me a letter last week that my case is being worked on and I should receive more information within 45 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
7 minutes ago, twinee said:

I submitted an inquiry back on 7/12/17 and they sent me a letter last week that my case is being worked on and I should receive more information within 45 days.

Yep, they sure go by received date, so as soon as the 45 days are over (which I think it should be August 26th), you should make a new inquiry... though I hope you get good news way before that.

Fingers crossed for you!

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Ha, Apparently we have a lot of time to think about this lol     (wink wink uscis - quit reading this and get busy!)

My friend's daughter just got married in April, she had a beach wedding. Prior to the wedding she was over here schooling her dad on the father daughter dance and I got to talking to her about her plans. She gave some reasons for her choices to me, but I just remember these 2: 

- Sunday venue cheaper. Reception in beach hotel was cheaper for Sunday and for breakfast as no one was competing for the day AND the time 

- Sunrise as her friend got married on the beach later in the day and group of kids was in background of pictures mooning and other photo bombing (she did say later it was unique and they laughed about it but at the time it was stressful and aggravating and they couldn't chase them away)

- She didn't use a beach wedding service, she felt they provided what could easily be provided herself.  The beach is public access and you can gather at will without using a service.

If a sunrise or sunset is what you want, then that is going to be a factor.  I would imagine that you won't sleep the night before anyway due to the anticipation of the wedding (I know I can't sleep when something important is tomorrow lol)  I think from Orlando, the toll road across to the Gulf side is about as fast as going to Coco on the Atlantic.  It's about the same???.  If the sun does not really have an importance, then I guess the East or West side is about the same.  What about getting a hotel in Coco instead and go to Orlando afterwards?

Ahhhh  Decisions Decisions LOL   

See?! It's like when you really start to think about it... there is so much to take into consideration and mind just keeps going the more you think about it lol
Yeah, the 12th is a Tuesday and I have seen where there are these ppl that have websites to show what they can offer for the wedding ceremony... that is all I was referring to as a service? They have packages that you can choose from. Like for example there was one that was I think $260 and it includes the officiant and a sand ceremony and they get your license filed for you. To me, that seems like a really great price for that because sometimes the officiant alone can cost that... at least here it does. It is the extras that really cost a lot more... like to have an arch the price jumps by like $200 or something silly like that.
And I know I don't want the kids doing stuff like that in the background of my photos ... that sounds really annoying lol
And originally I did have the room booked on Cocoa Beach, but then found the Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World and it looked so awesome and I knew we would be spending some time at the parks in Orlando and since the better pricing for park tickets come in to play when you buy like 5 day passes so I was thinking.. we may as well stay the first week in Orlando so we don't have to drive back and forth every day and then relax on the beach the 2nd week, so I changed the first week. But that place looked so awesome in comparison to the place on the beach, that we ended switching the 2nd week too. So, that's how all that went down hehe
But, now you have me thinking about the west coast again... and when I checked google it said the beach to the east coast from Orlando is about 1.5 hrs.
And I just checked the time for sunset on Dec 12 on the east coast beach and it is 5:37 which seems kinda early  lol
I have but just one thing to say now... Arrrrgh!!  lol

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

See?! It's like when you really start to think about it... there is so much to take into consideration and mind just keeps going the more you think about it lol
Yeah, the 12th is a Tuesday and I have seen where there are these ppl that have websites to show what they can offer for the wedding ceremony... that is all I was referring to as a service? They have packages that you can choose from. Like for example there was one that was I think $260 and it includes the officiant and a sand ceremony and they get your license filed for you. To me, that seems like a really great price for that because sometimes the officiant alone can cost that... at least here it does. It is the extras that really cost a lot more... like to have an arch the price jumps by like $200 or something silly like that.
And I know I don't want the kids doing stuff like that in the background of my photos ... that sounds really annoying lol
And originally I did have the room booked on Cocoa Beach, but then found the Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World and it looked so awesome and I knew we would be spending some time at the parks in Orlando and since the better pricing for park tickets come in to play when you buy like 5 day passes so I was thinking.. we may as well stay the first week in Orlando so we don't have to drive back and forth every day and then relax on the beach the 2nd week, so I changed the first week. But that place looked so awesome in comparison to the place on the beach, that we ended switching the 2nd week too. So, that's how all that went down hehe
But, now you have me thinking about the west coast again... and when I checked google it said the beach to the east coast from Orlando is about 1.5 hrs.
And I just checked the time for sunset on Dec 12 on the east coast beach and it is 5:37 which seems kinda early  lol
I have but just one thing to say now... Arrrrgh!!  lol

$260?  Yep, that's a deal.  And you are right  aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! lol  So many choices :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Just called the NVC and got my case number! This is moving fast now!

Checked the state of the case and say: "At NVC"

When would be the correct time to start scheduling medical appointments, etc? Not really sure what's next honestly, We were only prepared for NOA1, never after NOA2 lol

Can someone enlighten me about what to do now?

also, when the embassy receives the case, do they send something a mail or something? If so, do they send it using regular mail or email?

I am concerned as in Costa Rica traditional mail is not usual and we don't have address system.

Thank you

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Michael Zamot said:

Just called the NVC and got my case number! This is moving fast now!

Checked the state of the case and say: "At NVC"

When would be the correct time to start scheduling medical appointments, etc? Not really sure what's next honestly, We were only prepared for NOA1, never after NOA2 lol

Can someone enlighten me about what to do now?

also, when the embassy receives the case, do they send something a mail or something? If so, do they send it using regular mail or email?

I am concerned as in Costa Rica traditional mail is not usual and we don't have address system.

Thank you

It's embassy specific from here to Point Of Entry (POE)

If there was other Costa Rica in this thread, they could guide you some.  If no one chimes in, go to top of page, on left side and click PORTALS. It will take you to the Costa RIca page, and on the left is others in your circumstance that have been through it and others not as far as you.  Also is links on the page for the Embassy, Spend some time there reading all you can.  If still confusing, try messaging someone who recently went thru the CR Embassy.

Wish I could help you, it's totally half way around the world from what I know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.