Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline
2 hours ago, KB2015 said:

I called nvc today. noa2 7/29. I was told they received my case today but have to input information before I can get a case #. He told me to check back in 2 weeks, but could be sooner since my case is electronic  (whatever that means). 

Did they tell you on the phone that your case was electronic or how did you find out? ... Fingers crossed mine is too because then it would go a lot faster 

1 minute ago, taybayjay said:

Did they tell you on the phone that your case was electronic or how did you find out? ... Fingers crossed mine is too because then it would go a lot faster 

Yes, the nvc person told me my case was electronic. Bc apparently the next time I call he said I'm supposed to push option #5 instead of #7 lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Yes you can start calling NVC around 2 weeks after your NOA2 date... you can even start now as some people have got their case# sooner than 2 weeks. You don't pay any fee at this point, not until you book your interview.

Once you get your case# from NVC, you can track it on the CEAC site. When it leaves NVC it will show IN TRANSIT then when it reaches the Montreal embassy it will show READY.

Go ahead now and do the DS-160 form, and get the Packet 3 checklist online and prepare that. You can have the Packet 3 email ready to go (you don't have to wait for them to actually send it to you). Then, when the tracker changes to READY, email in the Packet 3 email to the Montreal embassy. If they have your case ready, they will reply back with "Packet 4" which is an email letting you know to go ahead and schedule your appointment.

The birth certificate needed is just the beneficiary's. Wait until you have the interview date to have your fiance do the letter of intent (dated within 30 days). I didn't think the employer letter needed to be dated within 30 days but I could be wrong and someone else may be able to advise.

As far as how long it takes from NOA2 to Packet 3, here's our timeline:

07/03/2017 - USCIS NOA2 date

07/05/2017 - email notification of approval from USCIS, case tracker updated

07/08/2017 - received NOA2 hard copy

07/18/2017 - case received at NVC

07/20/2017 - case# assigned at NVC

07/21/2017 - case left NVC for Montreal

07/27/2017 - case tracker shows READY (arrived at Montreal)

07/31/2017 - case tracker shows READY, updated

08/01/2017 - completed DS-160 form

08/01/2017 - sent in Packet 3 to Montreal embassy

08/02/2017 - Received Packet 4 from Montreal

08/02/2017 - case tracker shows READY, updated

08/02/2017 - booked interview with Montreal for September 6

08/04/2017 – booked Medical in Toronto for August 10

08/07/2017 – received hard copy of Packet 3 from Montreal, dated 07/31

We finally got around to reading the affidivat of support cant you believe it.. i bet most people have theirs done already haha. I just wanted to know if yoi can help us. We are confused by a few of the questions.  (If you dont mind) 

Question 1:

Income and asset information

5. Value of my other personal property - do you include realestate ..because the next section says value of realestate so do you just put personal preoperty such as vehcile etc or vehicle plus house etc and than break out the real estate in #8a.

Question 2:

Same section :value of stocks and bonds:does this include 401k and pension?

Question 3:

Number 22a asked if you previously submitted an affidavit of support our answer was NO but than it goes to 26a ..which says"i have submitted a visa petition to uscis on behalf of the following person" is this the i-129f petition ?if so i am assuming this is where the beneficiaries name goes?

Question 4:

Number 38

"I intend or dont intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named -beneficiary" 

Do you have to yes you intend to? I mean i will be living there with him in his house but he isnt giving an allowance or anything... so we are a little confused by this. We dont want to say no and get rejected we just dont know if specifics right now. And eventually ill get a job etc. 

Another concern i had was that my fiance has a rental unit 3 bedroom 2 bath he is currently renovating which put some debt in his name..as would any major renovation... do you think this would impact us from being approved? He makes a healthy income and with rental income much more but the rental was fully gutted so there is some substantial debt from that but its going to be paid with the rental income that comes in... just curious...

Thank you so much. I know i ask alot of questions.. but we dont want to mess any of this up! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rev said:

I tried calling yesterday even though it was jumping the gun a bit and they hadn't received it yet.  I'm going to try again tomorrow since a few people have gotten theirs that quickly.

Can you please share the phone #? I have not called yet but i am planning to this weekend as it will be 2 weeks since noa2 date of july 29  not sure if there are specific numbers to dial after connecting? Also i am the beneficiary im assuming its okay for me to phone? Thank you 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Can you please share the phone #? I have not called yet but i am planning to this weekend as it will be 2 weeks since noa2 date of july 29  not sure if there are specific numbers to dial after connecting? Also i am the beneficiary im assuming its okay for me to phone? Thank you 😊

42 minutes ago, KB2015 said:

(603)334-0700, then push 1 for English and push 7 to talk to representative. I was on hold for about 30 min.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On august 7, my Fiance called the uscis and spoke to a tier 2 officer. But before he got through a tier2 he had to go through a bitchy female tier1 first. So yeah, my fiance got to talk to a tier2 officer on monday, explaining our situation. My fiance told the officer how our case is taking forever and that I needed to be in the US before october as we will be attending his childhood bestfriend's wedding in Tennessee. He's one of the grooms man so he's required to be there and that i am invited as well. He stated also how Im slowly losing all my savings becos I have been waiting and stuck at home in the Philippines for 8 months now. Left my good paying job overseas to go back home in my country to spend time with him since he visited me in the Philippines  2 weeks after I got back home. The officer told him that we should be having our noa2 soon. He submitted an inquiry request in our behalf with a note explaining our situation. He said they might or may not grant that request but there's a possiblity they will. So he made a request for us that day, and told us to wait 4-6 days for the response. He gave us a confirmation code/ referral number. Im not sure if its an expedite request but when I logged in to our account in uscis website and checked our case history it says,

08/07/2017 your request for general inquiry with a referral number WKDxxxxxxxxxxxxxCSC was assigned to an officer for response. 

What does it mean when they say general inquiry? is it like a request to expedite a case Or does it mean an officer is already reviewing our case? #confused

we have not heard from them yet but since he said we shld wait 4-6 days for the response Im still trying to calm the f*** down. Lol 

Edited by Nhona Scott

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

On august 7, my Fiance called the uscis and spoke to a tier 2 officer. But before he got through a tier2 he had to go through a bitchy female tier1 first. So yeah, my fiance got to talk to a tier2 officer on monday, explaining our situation. My fiance told the officer how our case is taking forever and that I needed to be in the US before october as we will be attending his childhood bestfriend's wedding in Tennessee. He's one of the grooms man so he's required to be there and that i am invited as well. He stated also how Im slowly losing all my savings becos I have been waiting and stuck at home in the Philippines for 8 months now. Left my good paying job overseas to go back home in my country to spend time with him since he visited me in the Philippines  2 weeks after I got back home. The officer told him that we should be having our noa2 soon. He submitted an inquiry request in our behalf with a note explaining our situation. He said they might or may not grant that request but there's a possiblity they will. So he made a request for us that day, and told us to wait 4-6 days for the response. He gave us a confirmation code/ referral number. Im not sure if its an expedite request but when I logged in to our account in uscis website and checked our case history it says,

08/07/2017 your request for general inquiry with a referral number WKDxxxxxxxxxxxxxCSC was assigned to an officer for response. 

What does it mean when they say general inquiry? is it like a request to expedite a case Or does it mean an officer is already reviewing our case? #confused

we have not heard from them yet but since he said we shld wait 4-6 days for the response Im still trying to calm the f*** down. Lol 

General inquiry usually just means you have a question ..it doesnt necessarily mean your request is being expedited but i have read  that people do get expedited if they are in severe financial strain but who knows.. i dont think a wedding is an emergency to help you get expedited though. 

That being said they do tell everyone to keep their jobs so im not sure why they expedite some and not others for financial reasons

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, AJ&Milena said:

I feel your pain my NOA date was March 23, no NOA2 yet. Was told recently it's being adjucated and can take up to 45 days.  

Let's see what happens this month...

On a positive note, all this will be over before next year. 🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

General inquiry usually just means you have a question ..it doesnt necessarily mean your request is being expedited but i have read  that people do get expedited if they are in severe financial strain but who knows.. i dont think a wedding is an emergency to help you get expedited though. 

That being said they do tell everyone to keep their jobs so im not sure why they expedite some and not others for financial reasons

We'll see what will happen the next few days. Just crossing my fingers for a good outcome. The tier2 officer was very nice according ro my fiance. He sounded hispanic. So yeah I hope it helps. Im not assuming that we'd get our approval so soon, I know it'll be quite tough but there'a no harm in trying. If it fails, we'll keep on trying til they get sick of us lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Holly♡ said:

We are getting married on the beach that is 1 hr east of Orlando (been tossing around the idea of west coast beach in FL, but... seems like it would be more hassle and a bit further away, but I love the sunsets on the ocean!!) and room is in Orlando... but, not going to Disney hehe Have not made plans with a service/officiant yet, because I want to wait for the NOA2 before I do that since most depostis are not refundable from what I have seen. But, I do have everything else planned. We are hoping for Dec 12th to be our big day and I don't see it being a problem finding one of the many services/officiants to be available on a Tues... so, not in a rush to actually set that with someone.

Nice. We got engaged in Key West at a beach during sunset and stayed in Orlando for 4 days at a Universal resort prior to that. A few weeks later I had to fly out to St Pete's for work and she came a long then, too. You will love the Florida Beaches!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

We'll see what will happen the next few days. Just crossing my fingers for a good outcome. The tier2 officer was very nice according ro my fiance. He sounded hispanic. So yeah I hope it helps. Im not assuming that we'd get our approval so soon, I know it'll be quite tough but there'a no harm in trying. If it fails, we'll keep on trying til they get sick of us lol

I know it might sound like a good plan, but it also sounds like it could go either way. The squeaky wheel does not always get oiled. Just be careful with that cuz if you just piss them off, it could go the opposite. You know, like how you don't want to piss the wrong employee at a restaurant or fast food place lol
So, just be very careful with that :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.