Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, twoDs said:

Many people have reported the packet never shows or takes some time, you might want to see if you can find the packet 3 listing by searching your particular embassy. I found ours (Montreal) pretty easily. You can get it done and send it in the moment the case is ready if I'm understanding others correctly.

I was reading that some receive the "electronic" file, but wait to contact the beneficiary until the actual "paper" file reach the embassy or consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
41 minutes ago, taybayjay said:

Have they recieved your case ? Or just haven't assigned the number yet ? Hugs to you my friend... I'm sure it will come soon but I can see how it can be disheartening 😔 I hope we both will get ours soon (yours hopefully sooner) 

They have not received it at all

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Received Date March 15

Notice Date March 22

August 22 will be 5 months without NOA2

I'll give it till the end of this month to contact my Senator. 

This is really madness I miss my baby so much 😢

I see people receiving their NOA2 around my date. Hoping to get my NOA2 soon. 

2 hours ago, taybayjay said:

Just called NVC this morning and they haven't recieved my case yet😔 Oh well it's still early. But they told me it can take up to 6 weeks ?? Is this true ? ... I'm going to wait until next week to call again but I hope it gets recieved sooner than that ! 

Anyone on here with NOA2 from July 31st tried calling yet ? 

I called nvc today. noa2 7/29. I was told they received my case today but have to input information before I can get a case #. He told me to check back in 2 weeks, but could be sooner since my case is electronic  (whatever that means). 

what it mean they need so much timeto receive it? mean to look at it. i was tracking with  fedex our case from California to NVC. Was like tuesday till monday. 

07/08/2017 - Monday
09:55 Delivered   Portsmouth, NH

05/08/2017 - Saturday

04/08/2017 - Friday

01/08/2017 - Tuesday
23:03 Left FedEx origin facility   ANAHEIM, CA

21:28 Arrived at FedEx location   ANAHEIM, CA

16:13 Picked up

Don`t have any nres from NVC though. So they probably just haven`t look  them or?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, taybayjay said:

Just called NVC this morning and they haven't recieved my case yet😔 Oh well it's still early. But they told me it can take up to 6 weeks ?? Is this true ? ... I'm going to wait until next week to call again but I hope it gets recieved sooner than that ! 

Anyone on here with NOA2 from July 31st tried calling yet ? 

I tried calling yesterday even though it was jumping the gun a bit and they hadn't received it yet.  I'm going to try again tomorrow since a few people have gotten theirs that quickly.

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

8 hours ago, gob332 said:

For those of you bored at work or in general; a few questions about actually getting married:

How is everyone going about making their wedding plans given the uncertainty associated with the timing of actually receiving the visa. We have a fairly good idea of when we will have the visa and she will be able to travel over, but we can't take anything for granted.

Are you guys going to do a full blown traditional wedding or what types of ideas are you throwing around?

We are going to have a small, brief ceremony in the fall with just our immediate family members right on Lake Michigan. We have friends that have a nice outdoors area in a really scenic area of the state who offered to host our reception, but accommodations may be challenging so we are also investigating renting a room at great little Irish restaurant and inn and holding a reception for close friends and family there. As if the visa process wasn't already stressful enough, we are left trying to plan for a wedding that we can't confirm! :wacko:

Just wanted to get some thoughts from anyone willing to share :)

me and my fiance will flight to Las Vegas to have a wedding in a Elvi's Chapel and stay there some days then go to Disney for honeymoon.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

2 hours ago, KozmicBlues said:

OMG seriously? I don't understand this process!! I received my case number exactly two weeks after the NOA2 approval. It makes no sense that I would get mine processed by NVC when older ones are still pending!! I wonder if they handle some reviewing on their end also that could delay some and not others? The lady I spoke with told me they "don't fully handle K1 visa's" but that they do some "light administrative processing" on the applications before sending it off to the embassy. Keep calling every day I guess and hopefully they receive/process it soon!! 

I read that NVC may wait until there are sufficient files to "fill a box" before sending files to some embassies. It may be because there are not as many beneficiaries in one country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
9 hours ago, gob332 said:

For those of you bored at work or in general; a few questions about actually getting married:

How is everyone going about making their wedding plans given the uncertainty associated with the timing of actually receiving the visa. We have a fairly good idea of when we will have the visa and she will be able to travel over, but we can't take anything for granted.

Are you guys going to do a full blown traditional wedding or what types of ideas are you throwing around?

We are going to have a small, brief ceremony in the fall with just our immediate family members right on Lake Michigan. We have friends that have a nice outdoors area in a really scenic area of the state who offered to host our reception, but accommodations may be challenging so we are also investigating renting a room at great little Irish restaurant and inn and holding a reception for close friends and family there. As if the visa process wasn't already stressful enough, we are left trying to plan for a wedding that we can't confirm! :wacko:

Just wanted to get some thoughts from anyone willing to share :)

28 minutes ago, mytruelove18 said:

me and my fiance will flight to Las Vegas to have a wedding in a Elvi's Chapel and stay there some days then go to Disney for honeymoon.

We are getting married on the beach that is 1 hr east of Orlando (been tossing around the idea of west coast beach in FL, but... seems like it would be more hassle and a bit further away, but I love the sunsets on the ocean!!) and room is in Orlando... but, not going to Disney hehe Have not made plans with a service/officiant yet, because I want to wait for the NOA2 before I do that since most depostis are not refundable from what I have seen. But, I do have everything else planned. We are hoping for Dec 12th to be our big day and I don't see it being a problem finding one of the many services/officiants to be available on a Tues... so, not in a rush to actually set that with someone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Look at the bright side, You will qualify for Medicare and Social Security by the time you get here!!!!!

But Seriously, Jokes aside....I've been watching for your approval since that RFE.  You have held your composure better than anyone else would have in like circumstance.  You and @twinee have my respect for the patience of Job......  You're both an inspiration and a great example for those of us (probably me) that will rack up long waits as well.

Know there are those of us (all of us) that support you in this journey.   Continue ;)

Thanks AnJ co! I just want to share what's going on in my case. Good luck on you also! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, AfricanQ said:

Received Date March 15

Notice Date March 22

August 22 will be 5 months without NOA2

I'll give it till the end of this month to contact my Senator. 

This is really madness I miss my baby so much 😢

I see people receiving their NOA2 around my date. Hoping to get my NOA2 soon. 

I feel your pain my NOA date was March 23, no NOA2 yet. Was told recently it's being adjucated and can take up to 45 days.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline
1 hour ago, KB2015 said:

I called nvc today. noa2 7/29. I was told they received my case today but have to input information before I can get a case #. He told me to check back in 2 weeks, but could be sooner since my case is electronic  (whatever that means). 

which number did you call?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rev said:

I tried calling yesterday even though it was jumping the gun a bit and they hadn't received it yet.  I'm going to try again tomorrow since a few people have gotten theirs that quickly.

Oh dang, will you let me know as soon as they say they received it? Because I am sure yours and mine were sent in the same batch... I don't know how NVC works though but best of luck!! we can do this!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.