Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, belle4310 said:

The whole process is a nightmare for some people.. it's been 4 weeks for me and nvc still hasn't received anything yet.. I was just reading in the January filers it's been 10 weeks for someone and nothing even after emailing them and calling USCIS. One can only pray and hope..

OMG seriously? I don't understand this process!! I received my case number exactly two weeks after the NOA2 approval. It makes no sense that I would get mine processed by NVC when older ones are still pending!! I wonder if they handle some reviewing on their end also that could delay some and not others? The lady I spoke with told me they "don't fully handle K1 visa's" but that they do some "light administrative processing" on the applications before sending it off to the embassy. Keep calling every day I guess and hopefully they receive/process it soon!! 

20 minutes ago, taybayjay said:

Just called NVC this morning and they haven't recieved my case yet😔 Oh well it's still early. But they told me it can take up to 6 weeks ?? Is this true ? ... I'm going to wait until next week to call again but I hope it gets recieved sooner than that ! 

Anyone on here with NOA2 from July 31st tried calling yet ? 

Give it two weeks at least then try. So wait until Monday to call them and see if they have it. My approval was 7/24 and they provided my case# exactly two weeks later on 8/7 so I think you just have a few more days and they should have it!! 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, taybayjay said:

Just called NVC this morning and they haven't recieved my case yet😔 Oh well it's still early. But they told me it can take up to 6 weeks ?? Is this true ? ... I'm going to wait until next week to call again but I hope it gets recieved sooner than that ! 

Anyone on here with NOA2 from July 31st tried calling yet ? 

It is true that it can take that long but it is usually more like 2-3 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

There are some K-1 visa that takes about a year to complete.. long wait between USCIS and NVC.. it does not happen often, but it does happen.. it took USCIS 5 months for my NOA2, 4 weeks still no NVC number... I know people who get their visa in hand within 6 months. It's just crazy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

It is true that it can take that long but it is usually more like 2-3 weeks.

Hope it's sooner rather than later 😂 But patience is key... it will happen when it's supposed to.

13 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

OMG seriously? I don't understand this process!! I received my case number exactly two weeks after the NOA2 approval. It makes no sense that I would get mine processed by NVC when older ones are still pending!! I wonder if they handle some reviewing on their end also that could delay some and not others? The lady I spoke with told me they "don't fully handle K1 visa's" but that they do some "light administrative processing" on the applications before sending it off to the embassy. Keep calling every day I guess and hopefully they receive/process it soon!! 

Give it two weeks at least then try. So wait until Monday to call them and see if they have it. My approval was 7/24 and they provided my case# exactly two weeks later on 8/7 so I think you just have a few more days and they should have it!! 

Ok sounds like a good plan! Hopefully it goes as smooth as yours. I'm just ready to be with my love again And get this going. The embassy is really fast in Fiji so I'm trying to get everything in order because it will move at lightning speed once they get our packet. Fingers crossed! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

That's one of the recent nightmare cases, they actually got  a letter from the NVC saying USCIS wouldn't answer them when NVC asked where the hell the case was.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, belle4310 said:

There are some K-1 visa that takes about a year to complete.. long wait between USCIS and NVC.. it does not happen often, but it does happen.. it took USCIS 5 months for my NOA2, 4 weeks still no NVC number... I know people who get their visa in hand within 6 months. It's just crazy

😬😬 I just pray mine is one of the faster ... it took 5months for my NOA2 as well but I had an RFE... hope you get yours soon! Do you call often?

Timeline
1 minute ago, twoDs said:

That's one of the recent nightmare cases, they actually got  a letter from the NVC saying USCIS wouldn't answer them when NVC asked where the hell the case was.

Oh my 😦 .... what happened ???

Timeline
5 minutes ago, taybayjay said:

😬😬 I just pray mine is one of the faster ... it took 5months for my NOA2 as well but I had an RFE... hope you get yours soon! Do you call often?

6 minutes ago, taybayjay said:

I called them everyday.. but nada 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, taybayjay said:

Oh my 😦 .... what happened ???

I saw one just now saying uscis said the case was on its way to nvc... they called after a week , still said the same thing. The are now going to week 11 with no case number. Now uscis is telling them to wait 90 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am trying to plan ahead and was wondering if anyone can help me verify exactly what's needed for the affidavit of support? I keep hearing different things. Will I get a letter explaining exactly what they need? I sent USCIS my original divorce decree with my application for K1, but now I'm hearing the embasssy will need another original copy when my fiancé goes to the interview. You would think they had it on file right? Any help would be great!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chubbylewie said:

I am trying to plan ahead and was wondering if anyone can help me verify exactly what's needed for the affidavit of support? I keep hearing different things. Will I get a letter explaining exactly what they need? I sent USCIS my original divorce decree with my application for K1, but now I'm hearing the embasssy will need another original copy when my fiancé goes to the interview. You would think they had it on file right? Any help would be great!

The embassy has its own list of stuff they want -- that should be in packet 3. One of those things will be the affidavit of support -- that's just part of what they want. That documents is the I-134.

See http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

The I-134 will need a number of things listed, such as tax returns/transcripts, possibly bank letters and bank statements, etc. It's dependent on your situation financially.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Chubbylewie said:

You can get the I-134 online as well as the instructions. https://www.uscis.gov/i-134

As far as I know you don't receive a letter about this, just on Packet 3 you have to check off that you have it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, twoDs said:

The embassy has its own list of stuff they want -- that should be in packet 3. One of those things will be the affidavit of support -- that's just part of what they want. That documents is the I-134.

See http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

The I-134 will need a number of things listed, such as tax returns/transcripts, possibly bank letters and bank statements, etc. It's dependent on your situation financially.

Ok thank you. I will just wait for the package then. Just trying to plan ahead since the waiting game continues lol. I appreciate the info! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chubbylewie said:

Ok thank you. I will just wait for the package then. Just trying to plan ahead since the waiting game continues lol. I appreciate the info! 

Many people have reported the packet never shows or takes some time, you might want to see if you can find the packet 3 listing by searching your particular embassy. I found ours (Montreal) pretty easily. You can get it done and send it in the moment the case is ready if I'm understanding others correctly.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, belle4310 said:

I called them everyday.. but nada 

Have they recieved your case ? Or just haven't assigned the number yet ? Hugs to you my friend... I'm sure it will come soon but I can see how it can be disheartening 😔 I hope we both will get ours soon (yours hopefully sooner) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.