Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Stephanie&Edward said:

We were approved!!!! 

Notice date: 08/05/2017

Hopefully he can get here by next month! Wedding is on October 7th, cross your fingers for me that he will make it!!

HEY!!!!!!

THAT'S FANTASTIC!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, twoDs said:

Day 149, informed delivery email just showed. Nada. So guaranteed at least 150 days, and likely longer.

Hopefully the senator's office calls today, unlike KosmicBlues no two-day turnaround for us, it'll have been a week tomorrow.

Almost had me!

Heart rate jumped up into tachycardic range :)                then I read 'Nada'

Dang I was almost SOOOOO Happy,                 then it was gone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Knifeboxx said:

For any wondering about average times to nvc etc:

03-25 mailed

03-29 received (whoops, I said 03-28 last time)

04-04 noa1 Forget what day we got it in the mail

07-27 noa2 (electronic notification)

07-31 noa2 in mail

08-09: NVC received (fiance received an e-mail)

08-09: NVC case# assigned (in same e-mail)

?? : Transferred to Montreal

Looks like yours got to to NVC a bit quicker than many of the other filers! I think ours took about 3 weeks or so.

Good luck on the next steps!

19 minutes ago, gob332 said:

For those of you bored at work or in general; a few questions about actually getting married:

How is everyone going about making their wedding plans given the uncertainty associated with the timing of actually receiving the visa. We have a fairly good idea of when we will have the visa and she will be able to travel over, but we can't take anything for granted.

Are you guys going to do a full blown traditional wedding or what types of ideas are you throwing around?

We are going to have a small, brief ceremony in the fall with just our immediate family members right on Lake Michigan. We have friends that have a nice outdoors area in a really scenic area of the state who offered to host our reception, but accommodations may be challenging so we are also investigating renting a room at great little Irish restaurant and inn and holding a reception for close friends and family there. As if the visa process wasn't already stressful enough, we are left trying to plan for a wedding that we can't confirm! :wacko:

Just wanted to get some thoughts from anyone willing to share :)

My fiance and I plan on going to get the Marriage License immediately after I make  it down. His pastor has agreed to marry us and agreed that no witnesses are needed (state of colorado says that you do not have to have witnesses) and that he would marry us whenever we wanted. So we will do it likely within the first week of me being there and then go out for dinner with his friends and my friend from Denver. We plan on having a dinner reception fall of 2018 for family and friends. That way my family, his parents and various out of state friends can come down. :) We want to file the AOS asap. Its not that I need to work as we can make it on his salary but because I will go crazy if I can not work so we want to get that filed asap as well as the fact that I would like AP because I have a 95 year old grandfather and I while he is currently in ok health that will not always be the case and can change on a moments notice.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, gob332 said:

Looks like yours got to to NVC a bit quicker than many of the other filers! I think ours took about 3 weeks or so.

Good luck on the next steps!

I've apparently gotten really lucky because my Noa2 came a lot quicker than a lot of people around my date too. I can't complain

Timeline
19 minutes ago, pajobra said:

My fiance and I plan on going to get the Marriage License immediately after I make  it down. His pastor has agreed to marry us and agreed that no witnesses are needed (state of colorado says that you do not have to have witnesses) and that he would marry us whenever we wanted. So we will do it likely within the first week of me being there and then go out for dinner with his friends and my friend from Denver. We plan on having a dinner reception fall of 2018 for family and friends. That way my family, his parents and various out of state friends can come down. :) We want to file the AOS asap. Its not that I need to work as we can make it on his salary but because I will go crazy if I can not work so we want to get that filed asap as well as the fact that I would like AP because I have a 95 year old grandfather and I while he is currently in ok health that will not always be the case and can change on a moments notice.

That's a good plan! I know what you mean about not working. We want to do AOS ASAP as well. Good luck and I hope it comes soon! As the petitioner, I have a lot smaller family, which kinda sucks because her family is much larger and much more close knit and I wish we could have them all come to Wisconsin for the Wedding but they all won't simply be able to make it. So we are planning a second, more formal wedding in Canada for her family, after AOS and we can travel back over there.

Timeline
1 hour ago, gob332 said:

For those of you bored at work or in general; a few questions about actually getting married:

How is everyone going about making their wedding plans given the uncertainty associated with the timing of actually receiving the visa. We have a fairly good idea of when we will have the visa and she will be able to travel over, but we can't take anything for granted.

We'd hoped to be able to hit a date that was significant to us in early October (ha, thinking in January we had plenty of time) but that is out the window.

We weren't planning anything elaborate to begin with, but the delays just cemented that our only realistic option is either justice-of-the-peace type wedding, or a very small, fast wedding (e.g. just us and witnesses) at a church in a tiny town (pop 110 or so) we're very fond of. So not quite play it by ear, but more of a plan that we know can happen on short notice with very little effort.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Knifeboxx said:

For any wondering about average times to nvc etc:

03-25 mailed

03-29 received (whoops, I said 03-28 last time)

04-04 noa1 Forget what day we got it in the mail

07-27 noa2 (electronic notification)

07-31 noa2 in mail

08-09: NVC received (fiance received an e-mail)

08-09: NVC case# assigned (in same e-mail)

?? : Transferred to Montreal

Does everyone receive an email?  

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rev said:

only if you filled out the G-1145 form when you filed your i129f

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : United Arab Emirates
I-129F Sent : 2017-03-31
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-04-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-08-08
RFE Reply(s) : 2017-08-18
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-09-07
NVC Received : 2017-09-28
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-09-28
NVC Left : 2017-10-01
Consulate Received : 2017-10-03

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Rev said:

Don't think so. We never received an email from the NVC (and I filled out the G-1145, which is only for USCIS, not the NVC/State Dept) - I had to call to get our case/invoice numbers and our case is already at the Consulate. So if I hadn't called, we would have no idea. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, KOI said:

only if you filled out the G-1145 form when you filed your i129f

3 minutes ago, TJC said:

Don't think so. We never received an email from the NVC (and I filled out the G-1145, which is only for USCIS, not the NVC/State Dept) - I had to call to get our case/invoice numbers and our case is already at the Consulate. So if I hadn't called, we would have no idea. 

Thanks!  I did, but it looks like it's yet another hit or miss thing. Sighhhh. 

K-1 Visa:

04/05/17 - Notice date

09/13/17 - Medical

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:

11/18/17 - Delivered

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rev said:

From what I've seen, no. NVC seems to be an interesting beast, though. I called them one day to see if our case had arrived yet. The person on the phone indicated to me they had no record of it yet. The very next morning, I received an e-mail with our Case Number and a notification that it was being sent to the consulate. I've seen other people call and get their case number and never receive an e-mail notification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
1 hour ago, gob332 said:

Are you guys going to do a full blown traditional wedding or what types of ideas are you throwing around?

We are going to have a small, brief ceremony in the fall with just our immediate family members right on Lake Michigan. We have friends that have a nice outdoors area in a really scenic area of the state who offered to host our reception, but accommodations may be challenging so we are also investigating renting a room at great little Irish restaurant and inn and holding a reception for close friends and family there. As if the visa process wasn't already stressful enough, we are left trying to plan for a wedding that we can't confirm! :wacko:

Just wanted to get some thoughts from anyone willing to share :)

We're probably going to go to the a local clerk in Orlando to get married to get the visa obligation out of the way and then plan for a wedding party next year where we can make plans to include family. With the inability to set dates and the expense of the visa it will allow us to recover and plan a more enjoyable event. My parents live in the Ozarks and we'll probably have the party there because it's difficult for them to travel.

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Timeline
2 minutes ago, gob332 said:

From what I've seen, no. NVC seems to be an interesting beast, though. I called them one day to see if our case had arrived yet. The person on the phone indicated to me they had no record of it yet. The very next morning, I received an e-mail with our Case Number and a notification that it was being sent to the consulate. I've seen other people call and get their case number and never receive an e-mail notification.

Guess we'll see!  If I knew I'd get the e-mail I wouldn't even bother calling, but I guess they're gonna have to put up with me every couple of days :whistle:

K-1 Visa:

04/05/17 - Notice date

09/13/17 - Medical

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:

11/18/17 - Delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.