Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chubbylewie said:

Ok!!! So after posting last week and complaining yesterday on here that I haven't received my NOA2, I received it this morning!!! 🕺🏾🕺🏾🕺🏾  So where I live, the mailbox isn't so close to my building so I only check it a couple times a week. Yes I'm lazy so what lol. So for some reason last night something told me to check the mailbox after the kids went to bed. At that point I was too tired and decided to check this morning. And sure enough it was in my mailbox!! Ok, so I signed up for email and text notifications and obviously that doesn't work. I got the letter in the mail!! My kids said it looked like I won the lottery! I was kissing the letter and everything 😂😂. It was dated 7/31. It takes a few days to a letter from Cali to Boston so it may have been there a day or two. I want to do the running man right now!! So I go to call my fiancé and I can't reach her 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️  I was hoping to share this happy info and she has no signal right now. Those with relationships in the Philippines can relate lol. Anyways, thought I'd share this with you guys! On to the next steps! 

So, So happy for you, i want to feel that feeling soon as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

Congratulations! Where in the Philippines does she live? I live in Cebu.

She's in Tacloban. Thank you! Few more steps to go but this is huge!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chubbylewie said:

Ok!!! So after posting last week and complaining yesterday on here that I haven't received my NOA2, I received it this morning!!! 🕺🏾🕺🏾🕺🏾  So where I live, the mailbox isn't so close to my building so I only check it a couple times a week. Yes I'm lazy so what lol. So for some reason last night something told me to check the mailbox after the kids went to bed. At that point I was too tired and decided to check this morning. And sure enough it was in my mailbox!! Ok, so I signed up for email and text notifications and obviously that doesn't work. I got the letter in the mail!! My kids said it looked like I won the lottery! I was kissing the letter and everything 😂😂. It was dated 7/31. It takes a few days to a letter from Cali to Boston so it may have been there a day or two. I want to do the running man right now!! So I go to call my fiancé and I can't reach her 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️  I was hoping to share this happy info and she has no signal right now. Those with relationships in the Philippines can relate lol. Anyways, thought I'd share this with you guys! On to the next steps! 

Congratulations!!! so true about the signal! lol

46 minutes ago, troika said:

Received our NOA2, Monday, exactly 140 days (according to VJ). I come here every day hoping for good news for @AnJ Co @twoDs @Ste&Sel @SimplyBlessed @pajobra and @Kateryna_I to name a few ... you all deserve it. Hope for some good news, unless you already have and I missed it ?

Nope you have not missed it. Day 149. :) Every day is a new day and a new hope. :)

56 minutes ago, troika said:

Congrats !!! .. just gave you your 1000th rep :jest:

I thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️ 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chubbylewie said:

...... It was dated 7/31....... So I go to call my fiancé and I can't reach her 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️  I was hoping to share this happy info and she has no signal right now. Those with relationships in the Philippines can relate lol. Anyways, thought I'd share this with you guys!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So funny!  

Timeline

170 days after NOA1 today and still nothing! Got RFE last June 13 sent them our response July 5 and they just updated our status to rfe received last July 31. This is really frustrating! They are so slow! Everyday i am here in VJ reading others timeline, how come they have already approvals when they are filed after mine. How long should we wait for NOA2. My F doesn't wan't to call them coz most probably they will just say we have to wait and they are still on January 1st filers. I am tired of waiting, i want to be with him asap. The time is running.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 hours ago, ToTheMoonAndBack said:

did the email about the RFE say what was missing? Sometimes you just missed a tick for some box. If evidence for meeting in person is missing I'd suggest passport stamps or copies of plane tickets

Yea I had those attached.. which is why I thought it was odd... hopefully it is something as simple as a checkbox :)

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : United Arab Emirates
I-129F Sent : 2017-03-31
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-04-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-08-08
RFE Reply(s) : 2017-08-18
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-09-07
NVC Received : 2017-09-28
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-09-28
NVC Left : 2017-10-01
Consulate Received : 2017-10-03

Timeline
2 hours ago, troika said:

Received our NOA2, Monday, exactly 140 days (according to VJ). I come here every day hoping for good news for @AnJ Co @twoDs @Ste&Sel @SimplyBlessed @pajobra and @Kateryna_I to name a few ... you all deserve it. Hope for some good news, unless you already have and I missed it ?

Thanx Buddy!!!!  we all need that golden ticket so badly. 

Ha!  I'm telling ya, I just feel like it's groundhog day - every morning I wake up to the same day - over and over - there's never mail in the box and I know tomorrow is going to be just like the other 148 days since I mailed that package into the great abyss LOL

Appreciate you rooting for us.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For those of you bored at work or in general; a few questions about actually getting married:

How is everyone going about making their wedding plans given the uncertainty associated with the timing of actually receiving the visa. We have a fairly good idea of when we will have the visa and she will be able to travel over, but we can't take anything for granted.

Are you guys going to do a full blown traditional wedding or what types of ideas are you throwing around?

We are going to have a small, brief ceremony in the fall with just our immediate family members right on Lake Michigan. We have friends that have a nice outdoors area in a really scenic area of the state who offered to host our reception, but accommodations may be challenging so we are also investigating renting a room at great little Irish restaurant and inn and holding a reception for close friends and family there. As if the visa process wasn't already stressful enough, we are left trying to plan for a wedding that we can't confirm! :wacko:

Just wanted to get some thoughts from anyone willing to share :)

9 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Ugh.. the day after! :)

Thanks to everyone for their thumbs up and congratulations! To many names to tag, so this counts for all of you! :) :wub:

I still can't believe it! :)
I'm so used to being worried or in panic that I seriously thought last night: "What if I understood wrong and we're denied?" :D
Of course: "Your visa is approved!" is not to be understood wrongly, so I'll have to deal with that. :P

Good luck for today, Whiners! May it rain NOA2 again! Everybody here deserves it!

Have a fantastic day! :)

Oh, and.... of course I'll stick around! The March Whiners have become "family" :)

Congrats!!!!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

170 days after NOA1 today and still nothing! Got RFE last June 13 sent them our response July 5 and they just updated our status to rfe received last July 31. This is really frustrating! They are so slow! Everyday i am here in VJ reading others timeline, how come they have already approvals when they are filed after mine. How long should we wait for NOA2. My F doesn't wan't to call them coz most probably they will just say we have to wait and they are still on January 1st filers. I am tired of waiting, i want to be with him asap. The time is running.

Look at the bright side, You will qualify for Medicare and Social Security by the time you get here!!!!!

But Seriously, Jokes aside....I've been watching for your approval since that RFE.  You have held your composure better than anyone else would have in like circumstance.  You and @twinee have my respect for the patience of Job......  You're both an inspiration and a great example for those of us (probably me) that will rack up long waits as well.

Know there are those of us (all of us) that support you in this journey.   Continue ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Day 149, informed delivery email just showed. Nada. So guaranteed at least 150 days, and likely longer.

Hopefully the senator's office calls today, unlike KosmicBlues no two-day turnaround for us, it'll have been a week tomorrow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.