Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Sounds great! I will for sure ask! 

So for now im waiting on my nvc # we got our noa2 dated july 29 so im assuming about 2 weeks after that i can call nvc ?? And ask if they received my case get a # and pay a fee..but you were saying you in canada cant book your medical until you have an interview date.. so what is the next piece? Just waiting on packet 3? That gets delivered to me the beneficiary? And that is the checklist thats online right? For birth certificate do they just mean the beneficiary bc or both petitioner and beneficiary? I guess i cant get much ready on regards to letter of intent or work letters because it has to be 30 days from the interview date ? When i dont have an interview date yet ..what did you do? How long did it take to get packet 3 after your noa2 ? My fiance is wondering how soon he should ask for a letter from his employer and date his affidavit etc. Sorry so many questions🙈

Yes you can start calling NVC around 2 weeks after your NOA2 date... you can even start now as some people have got their case# sooner than 2 weeks. You don't pay any fee at this point, not until you book your interview.

Once you get your case# from NVC, you can track it on the CEAC site. When it leaves NVC it will show IN TRANSIT then when it reaches the Montreal embassy it will show READY.

Go ahead now and do the DS-160 form, and get the Packet 3 checklist online and prepare that. You can have the Packet 3 email ready to go (you don't have to wait for them to actually send it to you). Then, when the tracker changes to READY, email in the Packet 3 email to the Montreal embassy. If they have your case ready, they will reply back with "Packet 4" which is an email letting you know to go ahead and schedule your appointment.

The birth certificate needed is just the beneficiary's. Wait until you have the interview date to have your fiance do the letter of intent (dated within 30 days). I didn't think the employer letter needed to be dated within 30 days but I could be wrong and someone else may be able to advise.

As far as how long it takes from NOA2 to Packet 3, here's our timeline:

07/03/2017 - USCIS NOA2 date

07/05/2017 - email notification of approval from USCIS, case tracker updated

07/08/2017 - received NOA2 hard copy

07/18/2017 - case received at NVC

07/20/2017 - case# assigned at NVC

07/21/2017 - case left NVC for Montreal

07/27/2017 - case tracker shows READY (arrived at Montreal)

07/31/2017 - case tracker shows READY, updated

08/01/2017 - completed DS-160 form

08/01/2017 - sent in Packet 3 to Montreal embassy

08/02/2017 - Received Packet 4 from Montreal

08/02/2017 - case tracker shows READY, updated

08/02/2017 - booked interview with Montreal for September 6

08/04/2017 – booked Medical in Toronto for August 10

08/07/2017 – received hard copy of Packet 3 from Montreal, dated 07/31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Yes you can start calling NVC around 2 weeks after your NOA2 date... you can even start now as some people have got their case# sooner than 2 weeks. You don't pay any fee at this point, not until you book your interview.

Once you get your case# from NVC, you can track it on the CEAC site. When it leaves NVC it will show IN TRANSIT then when it reaches the Montreal embassy it will show READY.

Go ahead now and do the DS-160 form, and get the Packet 3 checklist online and prepare that. You can have the Packet 3 email ready to go (you don't have to wait for them to actually send it to you). Then, when the tracker changes to READY, email in the Packet 3 email to the Montreal embassy. If they have your case ready, they will reply back with "Packet 4" which is an email letting you know to go ahead and schedule your appointment.

The birth certificate needed is just the beneficiary's. Wait until you have the interview date to have your fiance do the letter of intent (dated within 30 days). I didn't think the employer letter needed to be dated within 30 days but I could be wrong and someone else may be able to advise.

As far as how long it takes from NOA2 to Packet 3, here's our timeline:

07/03/2017 - USCIS NOA2 date

07/05/2017 - email notification of approval from USCIS, case tracker updated

07/08/2017 - received NOA2 hard copy

07/18/2017 - case received at NVC

07/20/2017 - case# assigned at NVC

07/21/2017 - case left NVC for Montreal

07/27/2017 - case tracker shows READY (arrived at Montreal)

07/31/2017 - case tracker shows READY, updated

08/01/2017 - completed DS-160 form

08/01/2017 - sent in Packet 3 to Montreal embassy

08/02/2017 - Received Packet 4 from Montreal

08/02/2017 - case tracker shows READY, updated

08/02/2017 - booked interview with Montreal for September 6

08/04/2017 – booked Medical in Toronto for August 10

08/07/2017 – received hard copy of Packet 3 from Montreal, dated 07/31

Thank you!

I guess i meant does the letter from the employer need to be dated closer to the interview or can he do all that now?

Also in the email to montreal where they say to email the check list does that also mean to email the documents on that check list? 

Timeline

I think i get it now..im just suppose to send the checklist not the backup if im not mistaken..  i guess i also just thought it was odd they get you to check mark a "letter if intent within 30 days of interview date" when you dont have an interview date yet ...bahh this stuff gets confusing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Thank you!

I guess i meant does the letter from the employer need to be dated closer to the interview or can he do all that now?

Also in the email to montreal where they say to email the check list does that also mean to email the documents on that check list? 

Go ahead and do the letter now. Your interview won't be too too far off so some lead time is expected. My fiance's interview is next week and my employment verification and bank letters are dated end of June.

No need to e-mail the documents on the checklist, just check them off, write "n/a" for those that are not applicable, sign, date and fill in your case number and e-mail back along with DS-160 confirmation and your biographical page from your Passport and you will be all set!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, gob332 said:

Go ahead and do the letter now. Your interview won't be too too far off so some lead time is expected. My fiance's interview is next week and my employment verification and bank letters are dated end of June.

No need to e-mail the documents on the checklist, just check them off, write "n/a" for those that are not applicable, sign, date and fill in your case number and e-mail back along with DS-160 confirmation and your biographical page from your Passport and you will be all set!

Thank you! You guys have been so helpful! 😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I just got an update that RFE has been sent (8/8/2017)! Any idea how long once sent it takes to get a response for NOA2(i hope)

is the RFE REPLY field for when I send evidence back in the timeline?

.... and what evidence do you guys suggest sending? 

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : United Arab Emirates
I-129F Sent : 2017-03-31
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-04-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-08-08
RFE Reply(s) : 2017-08-18
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-09-07
NVC Received : 2017-09-28
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-09-28
NVC Left : 2017-10-01
Consulate Received : 2017-10-03

9 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Ugh.. the day after! :)

Thanks to everyone for their thumbs up and congratulations! To many names to tag, so this counts for all of you! :) :wub:

I still can't believe it! :)
I'm so used to being worried or in panic that I seriously thought last night: "What if I understood wrong and we're denied?" :D
Of course: "Your visa is approved!" is not to be understood wrongly, so I'll have to deal with that. :P

Good luck for today, Whiners! May it rain NOA2 again! Everybody here deserves it!

Have a fantastic day! :)

Oh, and.... of course I'll stick around! The March Whiners have become "family" :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, KOI said:

I just got an update that RFE has been sent (8/8/2017)! Any idea how long once sent it takes to get a response for NOA2(i hope)

is the RFE REPLY field for when I send evidence back in the timeline?

.... and what evidence do you guys suggest sending? 

did the email about the RFE say what was missing? Sometimes you just missed a tick for some box. If evidence for meeting in person is missing I'd suggest passport stamps or copies of plane tickets

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Ugh.. the day after! :)

Thanks to everyone for their thumbs up and congratulations! To many names to tag, so this counts for all of you! :) :wub:

I still can't believe it! :)
I'm so used to being worried or in panic that I seriously thought last night: "What if I understood wrong and we're denied?" :D
Of course: "Your visa is approved!" is not to be understood wrongly, so I'll have to deal with that. :P

Good luck for today, Whiners! May it rain NOA2 again! Everybody here deserves it!

Have a fantastic day! :)

Oh, and.... of course I'll stick around! The March Whiners have become "family" :)

Congratulations!😍😍😍

3 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

We're in the same boat again!

VISA ISSUED!!!

Partaaaaytime! :)

Yesssss lol 😂 no sooner had I finished whining to a certain person 😜😂

1 minute ago, GazLisa said:

Yesssss lol 😂 no sooner had I finished whining to a certain person 😜😂

Haha, I made a "no whine" promise to someone! :D
This someone doesn't believe that though, haha!

All I have left to worry for now is the result of a gyn standard test, which comes next week. Should be ok, so.... then I go get the ticket.

Only 25 more times to work.  That is really freakin NOTHING. 
Can't believe I'm gonna see my freaks and freakettes there only 25 more times!

2 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Haha, I made a "no whine" promise to someone! :D
This someone doesn't believe that though, haha!

All I have left to worry for now is the result of a gyn standard test, which comes next week. Should be ok, so.... then I go get the ticket.

Only 25 more times to work.  That is really freakin NOTHING. 
Can't believe I'm gonna see my freaks and freakettes there only 25 more times!

Ooooh 25 😁 I'm a little ahead of you 😬 6 more work days to go lol 😂 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.