Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, belle4310 said:

I'm probably being paranoid a little, but NVC still has not received my case yet. approval 7/19. anyone with a similar situation?

I don't think you need to worry yet since they say it can take 2-4 weeks. I just got my case today and my approval was 7/24, but that doesn't mean anything...they probably process them in some strange order the same way USCIS does. Give it another week or so before you get worried!! 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Knifeboxx said:

Any specific kind of tea??

Chamomile tea is supposed to be the best for calming ones nerves. I think a hot shower is good too, but whatever makes you happy. 

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ste&Sel said:

Here we go................another week, praying for everybody's NOA2 and ours.

Good luck, we also have NOA1 of 3/16 and got what we hope is our NOA2 today (pending postman) but I am confident it is an approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

I don't think you need to worry yet since they say it can take 2-4 weeks. I just got my case today and my approval was 7/24, but that doesn't mean anything...they probably process them in some strange order the same way USCIS does. Give it another week or so before you get worried!! 

6 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

i waited such a long for noa2..  I was hoping things would moved a little faster after the

approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

Just got off the phone with NVC and they gave me the case number!! Exactly two weeks after my NOA1 issued date (7/24) so just FYI for those of you who recently received your NOA2. I would wait at least 2 weeks before calling to get your case number because it's unlikely they will have it before then. The rep I spoke with said they don't handle K1 visa's, but do perform some administrative steps on them and then forward it over to the embassy. She also gave me an invoice ID and said I would need it later so I took that down as well. 

CONGRATS!!! This is fantastic news!!!! :) One step closer!!! You got this.

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

8 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

Just got off the phone with NVC and they gave me the case number!! Exactly two weeks after my NOA1 issued date (7/24) so just FYI for those of you who recently received your NOA2. I would wait at least 2 weeks before calling to get your case number because it's unlikely they will have it before then. The rep I spoke with said they don't handle K1 visa's, but do perform some administrative steps on them and then forward it over to the embassy. She also gave me an invoice ID and said I would need it later so I took that down as well. 

Thanks for posting!

Our NOA2 was the same date as yours and according to the case #, it arrived on the 2nd. Please keep us updated. Ours is in AP, so it is likely to take longer than yours. Still, I hope to use the day they forward yours as a reference.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, amishbaby said:

APPROVED!!!!!! 
Received date: 3/28
NOA1 date: 4/03
NOA2 date: 8/03

This proves the 4 months right on the dot!!

Also, today I received an email back from my senator!

"Dear Ms. Wenner: 

Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, regarding the I129F filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In receipt of your inquiry, a thorough review was completed on your constituent’s case. USCIS records show the following:

-          The California Service Center approved the referenced case on August 04, 2017.  The case will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing within the next 2-3 weeks."

Not sure what it means that it was approved August 4th from the senator, but the notice on the I-797 form says 8/03. Either way it's kinda one of those situations that makes you wonder if the senator DID help. An inquiry was sent out on August 3rd from my senator. Either way, I am super happy!!! 

To everyone else, I'm positive you're going to get approvals soon! I promise it is all worth it when you get it. I know I wasn't the best being patient, but as many others who have got their NOA2s would probably agree with me, it was all worth it! :) 

YAY, NOW TO CELEBRATE!!!!! :) :dance::dance:

HOPE TO SEE MANY MORE APPROVALS!!! 

Ohhhhh!!! Super happy for you!! Bring out the beer! Let's celebrate! 

16 minutes ago, Knifeboxx said:

Any specific kind of tea??

Wow, there are some funny people here (e.g., AnJ Co), but that made me laugh quite a few times! 

Well, I hope it was meant to be funny...

Still, I cannot always tell. I taught a MBA course in Business Communication and admit that the noise, context, and other variables often prevent me from understanding others' intended meaning in these forums and even the occasional email. Maybe that is why I was never asked to teach it again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hurry&Wait said:

Wow, there are some funny people here (e.g., AnJ Co), but that made me laugh quite a few times! 

Well, I hope it was meant to be funny...

Still, I cannot always tell. I taught a MBA course in Business Communication and admit that the noise, context, and other variables often prevent me from understanding others' intended meaning in these forums and even the occasional email. Maybe that is why I was never asked to teach it again.

I agree. @AnJ Co is one of the people who makes me laugh here, i think he is like a homie for everyone here. I think it's only polite that if someone has some concerns, misconceptions or violent reactions towards someone, he or she can just send it through personal message and deal it privately. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

@Yzabelle: Your fiance should go to DHL and ask. Scott just expressmailed (36 hours) me his documents, and it was 49$ to Germany!

@amishbaby: I told you!!!! :D And see - it was approved before (at least a moment of glory for the senator to be a bringer of good news haha)! Yay!!! CELEBRATE!!

@troika: WOOOOOOHOOOOO! You made it! The looooong wait is over! I'm so happy for you!!

Wish me luck for tomorrow, fellow Whiners! 
This girl will now take an early shower, stuff food in her face and go to sleep. Departure here: 3am! 

Good luck! I am sure you will nail it. I'll be interested to hear what questions they ask.

Just now, gob332 said:

Good luck! I am sure you will nail it. I'll be interested to hear what questions they ask.

Thank you! 

I'll report afterwards, once I'm able to communicate again!

Hopefully I won't embarrasse myself again like at the medical, where I couldn't remember my own adress because I was nervous. :D

I guess everyone around me will be happy once I'm through this, because I'm driving everyone nuts with my paranoia!
Just made my mom search 22 year old documents to clarify something I thought I forgot lol 

RAHHHHH WHINERS!!! I'm dying! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.