Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 1:57 AM, Andrew&Elizabeth said:

Today I can officially join @GazLisa with waiting for my interview date! 

Assigned to 29th August!!

I never actually received my Packet 3 from the consulate, and it was sitting there saying "In Transit" on the tracker so I gave up and emailed them the response to Packet 3 that I found on the Sydney portal here on VJ. This morning they emailed me the Packet 4 reply as if everything was done normally, and now my case shows on the tracker as "Ready". I think someone there had been lazy and not opened the mail or something...

@amishbaby

I'm pretty sure you're Australian - if your case is saying in transit for ages that may be worth a shot too!

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for our NOA2. :( Bummer. 

But congrats! Sorry for my late reply. I try to stay off VJ as much as I can. The more I come on here, the more impatient I get and anxious about waiting for our NOA2. Just try to keep myself distracted and for the most part it helps. I'm at day 116. 

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Day 116 here. Our received date is March 28th... just wondering if anyone else has gotten approvals with this receive date? 

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

I know this is not DIRECTLY aimed to the K1, but nonetheless an interesting read on what could be adding to our delay. 

it didn't give me an option to edit... weird. anyhow, I forgot to add the link! 

https://gcn.com/Articles/2017/04/07/USCIS-visa-processing-slowdown.aspx?Page=1

7 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi Guys! Feb filer here. Getting more worried and stressed as time goes by. We got an RFE dated June 13, got the hard copy on June 28 (Yeah! took so long before we received it) and we already sent our response on July 5. But till now the tracker still says Request for additional evidence was mailed. Haaaaays! What happened to them, didn't bother to update it from the time they received it (checked that they received it at USPS tracker). Anyone here just like me? Thank you and Goodluck to everyone! 

This stands for our case on vj time line

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 29, 2017 and August 4, 2017* (RFEs at the California Service Center typically add an extra 27 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time). 

Unquote

On 5th of July our status changed to request for evidence was received. We received an e- mail with the same content. 

Hope they move forward as on February thread I read they did not touch a lot of Feb cases too.

19 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

I hope he gets the NOA2. You'll need to show proof that your I-29F was approved.

Have you gotten all your documents ready such as the certificate of good conduct and translation of your birth certificate? If you haven't, get those done first because they may take a bit of time. You don't wanna schedule an interview and not be able to attend it because those documents aren't in hand yet. 

Also, have your fiance sign a fresh new letter of intent, complete the I-134 as well as gather the tax transcripts, employer letter, paystubs and bank letter  now. These documents also require time to be obtained. He needs to send them to you before your interview.

In the meantime you can complete the DS-160 online and pay the fee. Remember to save the DS-160 confirmation page and visa fee payment receipt. Once you received the certificate of good conduct and translated birth certificate, check if your fiance almost have all the documents ready to be mailed to you so you could schedule an suitable interview date. Again, save the interview appointment confirmation page too.

Make sure to have a 2 weeks buffer between medical and interview. Our clinic takes 10-12 days to get the medical report ready for your collection.

I'm currently waiting to make an appointment for medical. Couldn't schedule early because my interview is towards end of August.

Thank you for getting back to me!

He's going back tomorrow. So, we will wait till he look through his mailbox before panicking about not having the NOA2. We definitely know that the letter from NVC is sitting in his mailbox and the U.S. Embassy here has sent us an email about scheduling an interview. 

I will get the certificate of good conduct done. That's the one from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs right? I have one from last year for a masters study course. Guess I would need an updated copy. What about the birth certificate translation? Where did you do it? My birth certificate is 'suppose' to be in English as I applied for an English copy a few years back. However, in certain column such as 'Sex', it is still written as 'Perempuan'. I don't suppose this is acceptable?

My fiance did signed a new letter of intent and we completed the I-134 yesterday. He brought his bank account details, statements, and work contract on this trip too. So, we are only waiting for the employer's letter and paystubs. He is going to mail them to me together with the NVC letter and NOA2.

I am looking at scheduling the interview on September as I am only planning to go to the US on January 2018. I should have enough time for everything. 

Will you be having a wedding dinner here? We're looking at having one in Malaysia during the Christmas holidays. 

Case Status Update

March 10, 2017 - I-129F Package Sent

March 13, 2017 - I-129F Accepted

March 16, 2017 - I-797C NOA1 Received

June 21, 2017 - NOA2 Received

July 7, 2017 - NVC Case Created

July 17, 2017 - NVC Hardcopy Received

July 17, 2017 - Received email from U.S. Embassy in Malaysia to schedule an interview. 

July 18, 2017 - Case Ready 

August 5, 2017 - Only interview date available is August 17 

August 8, 2017 - Scheduled interview on August 17

August 9, 2017 - Medical Examination (report ready by August 16)

August 17, 2017 - Interview Day (K1 Approved)

January 23, 2018 - Entry to the US 

February 16, 2018 - Got married!

February 21, 2018 - Sent AOS packet

February 24, 2018 - AOS packet delivered

March 8, 2018 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Accepted

March 16, 2018 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 NOA Received

March 28, 2018 - Biometrics appointment

July 9, 2018 - EAD & Advanced Parole Approved

July 14, 2018 - EAD card Received

May 17, 2019 - I-485 Interview, Approved on the spot

May 23, 2019 - I-797 NOA on approval received

May 23, 2019 USCIS account updated to "Card picked up by USPS"

May 30, 2019 - US Permanent Resident Card Received

March 1, 2021 - I-751 Accepted

March 29, 2021 - I-751 NOA Received, US Permanent Resident Card extended for 18 months

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, SolFreeman said:

Hello my fellow March Whiners! Here's my update for my case after the interview and approval.

July 18 - Interview

18 - Ready

19 - Administrative     Processing

20 - Issued

21 - Issued

22 - Issued

It says if haven't received my passport with visa after 10 days, I should call them.

This is from US Embassy, Manila. Shout out to my fellow Filipinas, does anybody know the process?

I hope this won't take long cause I still need to attend CFO for my pre-departure seminar and sticker. My flight to US is on August 2nd. Just getting a little bit worried now. I should've not booked my flight yet. Rebooking would cost me $150 for penalty and another $250 for change of date. 😥

I know someone who had their interview last Monday(July 17).. They are now Visa On hand yesterday and today.. She's living in Manila, the other one is in Rizal? :)) I'm sure your visa will be there ate! Just keep waiting for the text message from 2Go

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

I know someone who had their interview last Monday(July 17).. They are now Visa On hand yesterday and today.. She's living in Manila, the other one is in Rizal? :)) I'm sure your visa will be there ate! Just keep waiting for the text message from 2Go

Wow!!! My interview date was July 18th. I should be next! Hopefully on Monday! Thank you so much @Yzabelle!!! Have a safe trip to Manila tomorrow! It's better if you can travel in the afternoon. You can download GRAB app and use it there instead of taxi. It's cheaper and grab drivers are very nice! 🤗😘

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, amishbaby said:

Day 116 here. Our received date is March 28th... just wondering if anyone else has gotten approvals with this receive date? 

I usually try to check and askbout received dates, and don't reckon seeing anyone for last week of March yet. However, I saw they issued a RFE for at least one 3/27 received date on Thursday, so I'm quite positive they should be working on your days right now :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

2 hours ago, Jesus & Michelle said:

Thank you for getting back to me!

He's going back tomorrow. So, we will wait till he look through his mailbox before panicking about not having the NOA2. We definitely know that the letter from NVC is sitting in his mailbox and the U.S. Embassy here has sent us an email about scheduling an interview. 

I will get the certificate of good conduct done. That's the one from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs right? I have one from last year for a masters study course. Guess I would need an updated copy. What about the birth certificate translation? Where did you do it? My birth certificate is 'suppose' to be in English as I applied for an English copy a few years back. However, in certain column such as 'Sex', it is still written as 'Perempuan'. I don't suppose this is acceptable?

My fiance did signed a new letter of intent and we completed the I-134 yesterday. He brought his bank account details, statements, and work contract on this trip too. So, we are only waiting for the employer's letter and paystubs. He is going to mail them to me together with the NVC letter and NOA2.

I am looking at scheduling the interview on September as I am only planning to go to the US on January 2018. I should have enough time for everything. 

Will you be having a wedding dinner here? We're looking at having one in Malaysia during the Christmas holidays. 

Yes, the certificate of good conduct is from the Foreign Ministry. Definitely get a fresh new one though the validity is one year. You'll be submitting the original document to the embassy.

For birth certificate translation, contact aznie@itbm.com.my and let her know you want your birth certificate translated and she'll give you a quote before proceeding. And you're right, the extract of birth certificate with Malay words are not accepted. It has to be in full English except for yours and your parents' names + name of a place that has no translation or shouldn't be translated at all.

For I-134, he'll need to provide you with his tax transcripts that can be downloaded from IRS website.

If you're looking at a September interview, I'm sure you'll have more than enough time.

And no, we are only doing a courthouse wedding completely in the US and gonna proceed with the next immigration stage so that we could get on with our lives as normal as possible. Have a great wedding dinner in Malaysia though! ;)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, SolFreeman said:

Wow!!! My interview date was July 18th. I should be next! Hopefully on Monday! Thank you so much @Yzabelle!!! Have a safe trip to Manila tomorrow! It's better if you can travel in the afternoon. You can download GRAB app and use it there instead of taxi. It's cheaper and grab drivers are very nice! 🤗😘

It should be there tomorrow or Monday! :)) maybe because you're in province, too.. Have a safe flight to you, too, ate! I will surely use grab.. Thank you po! 😘

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Holly♡ said:

it didn't give me an option to edit... weird. anyhow, I forgot to add the link! 

https://gcn.com/Articles/2017/04/07/USCIS-visa-processing-slowdown.aspx?Page=1

I would think that ending the premium processing for H1-Bs would speed things up for other visas as they wouldn't keep getting pushed back in line by H1-Bs constantly jumping to the front of the line. It does give some interesting insight into their digitization initiative, however, which sounds like an enormous failure, kind of like when the first ACA market website rolled out and didn't work. Goes to show you that despite what many people think, the US federal government isn't the most leading edge when it comes to technology. They've paid Microsoft 100s of millions of dollars to continue supporting Windows XP because a ton of military and other vital systems are still built around that outdated platform.

Edited by dkmfan85

Timeline
10 hours ago, BlackbirdRN said:

USCIS received our RFE response today, now we're back to the waiting game. VJ timeline says estimate date that our case will be adjudicated is around Aug.11-28!! Hopefully it won't take that long 🤞🏽

Did u call them?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

It should be there tomorrow or Monday! :)) maybe because you're in province, too.. Have a safe flight to you, too, ate! I will surely use grab.. Thank you po! 😘

More thanks to you!!! You are very helpful and informative!!! Please keep us updated too. 😘😘😘

Timeline
3 hours ago, DalilaAdnan said:

This stands for our case on vj time line

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 29, 2017 and August 4, 2017* (RFEs at the California Service Center typically add an extra 27 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time). 

Unquote

On 5th of July our status changed to request for evidence was received. We received an e- mail with the same content. 

Hope they move forward as on February thread I read they did not touch a lot of Feb cases too.

Good luck! I hope i will get my response soooon....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.