Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

I feel the very same way. It's crazy that some people are coming up on POE and others are still sitting here twiddling our thumbs.

This is the part that's killing me inside as well. I have no ill will against those that are getting approved but it seems insanely unfair that people with NOA1s not even a week ahead of ours are waiting for visas to arrive and we haven't even seen a NOA2, and as far as I can tell the USCIS has no credible justification for why.

Edited by twoDs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

Exactly. It just feels so unfair. I'm so frustrated that we are forced to put our lives on hold at the mercy of a pathetically ineffective government agency. :angry:

I agree..  It  seem so unfair.  even though i dont want to say anything wrong... but we doing it the  LEGAL way is  unfair. and in a way Being Punished...where. Others  just go there get Married..  be with there husbands through all this stress and NO waiting away from each other by doing it the  Ilegal way.. Why  should this take soo long when we are Honest... Life is too short to have to wait :(    Makes me soo upset when i see others allready there  post how  HARD it is... when they have NO clue what so ever.

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? California Service Center on 2017-03-07
Consulate :  
I-129F Sent : 2017-02-28
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-03-07
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-06-16
NVC Received : 2017-06-29
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-06-29
NVC Left : 2017-07-06
Consulate Received : 2017-07-12
Packet 3 Received : 2017-07-13
Packet 3 Sent : 2017-07-14
Packet 4 Received : 2017-07-20
Interview Date :

2017-08-17

Approved  2017-08-25

Flying  Sept 8th 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

I suppose thinking about it - The time ahead should be shorter than the time behind. With 125 days as of today, I can at least hope that with 6 months that they say it will take to adjudicate our file, it will be shorter than the time we have already waited.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
21 minutes ago, DaveS1172 said:

I suppose thinking about it - The time ahead should be shorter than the time behind. With 125 days as of today, I can at least hope that with 6 months that they say it will take to adjudicate our file, it will be shorter than the time we have already waited.  

Yeah, waiting is tough, just hang in there. It seems like a lot of people have been getting approved the last several days so hopefully yours is coming soon.

We just hit the 6 week mark of our case not being forwarded to the NVC. We received our NOA2 on June 6, but the case still has not arrived at the NVC. USCIS confirmed we were approved, but just hasn't sent it over for some reason...NVC asked us to email them and they will investigate. Hard to say how long that will take. So, even though we have our NOA2, still feel like we're in limbo.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, nephthys said:

I've been laying low on VJ for months so that I could keep my mind occupied on other things while waiting for the NOA2... well, we finally got the letter yesterday!

Our mailperson occasionally puts things in the wrong mailbox at our apartments, since multiple times I've had to take wrongly-delivered letters to my neighbors that I got in my box. Like the address was totally fine, but just placed in the wrong box. My nightmare has always been that something really important would get mis-delivered... and it looks like our NOA2 probably was, since it was sitting on the apartment lobby bench rather than in my locked mailbox. :wacko: Thank the neighborly soul who didn't just return it to sender or trash it!! Jeez.

Anyway, the date on the letter was July 12th. My fiance has been visiting me this summer, and we still have over a month left of his visit. We had been anxiously awaiting the NOA2 arrival together. Today we're going to take a daytrip to the beach to celebrate :D

Fingers crossed for everyone else still waiting in this thread!

Nice!!!!  Found it in the unexpected :)  Congratulations!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, KozmicBlues said:

.....I just keep trying to look at the bright side, this process is making it so we will never take our time together for granted. I told him the other day I would do ANYTHING just to be able to go grocery shopping together. Such a simple thing, yet then you see couples at the grocery store fighting like children in public. They have no idea what it's like to not be able to be together whenever they want. So we have such an advantage and I know that our marriage will be so much stronger because of this. I just wish it would speed up a little...lol. 

My fiancee and I have talked about this very subject.  Maybe this is the silver lining on the cloud of waiting so long......  A perspective of what comes easy is worth less than what comes with blood sweat and tears....   I'm not saying a fast petition has less appreciation for the 'relationship'.  I am saying that with the long days, and sleepless nights, and loneliness, and everything else that a 129F waiter endures - perhaps there is a new level of deep appreciation for what we have and how valuable it really is. 

1 hour ago, MentalVoid said:

No NOA2 here yet. Just when I got myself into a nice "He'll be here by the end of the year, focus on preparing for grad school" mentality, everyone and their mother started asking me "Has Nick gotten his visa yet?". Seriously, I've had 7 family members ask in the last 2 days. As if I wouldn't post all over Facebook once he had lol. 

I know the feeling! People can't grasp the idea that getting a visa can take 6-7 months. Everyone keeps asking, "WHEN?" "WHY NOT?" "STILL?" as if we wouldn't scream it out at the top of our lungs.. It's so frustrating but I'm glad this board exists. This way we can talk to people who can relate and actually understand what we are going through. All the waiting, all the longing, the stress, the heart breaks it will all be worth it at the end. GOD SPEED.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

Just got back from checking the mail aaaaaaaand........ I got a power bill!!!! Woohoo!!!! :dance:

Edited by Sangar
Mistake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

Just got back from checking the mail aaaaaaaand........ I got a power bill!!!! Woohoo!!!! :dance:

Local ad circular in mine. I've only had two informed delivery notices in the past 10 days, but I check anyway just in case.

If it were any worse tumbleweeds would roll out of the mailbox.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

HAHAHAHA  I had to squint and look close.  I thot you hit the Power BALL lol

I'd like to hit the power ball, I'd trade the ticket to ......... Well, that would be bribery

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.