Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
5 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

We were lucky that I was in America for 3 weeks when we sent off our petition recorded delivery beginning of March 😄 Besides I would never accuse my girl of anything such as not sending in the package 😉In over a year we haven't even argued in person or on Skype video chat lol 

You guys are lucky! You may have an accent, but you are an English speaker which I am sure helps =) My F's English is great, but when we first met not as great so there have been quite a few arguments basically due to misunderstandings lol Since his English is so much better now, there really have not been these misunderstandings in quite some time. And we both just want the same thing so bad and we just don't want to waste any of the little time we have chatting wasted on arguing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Adry2017 said:

Omg !! My case is ready at the Bogota embassy 🇨🇴🇱🇷 SOY FELIZ 🎉🎊🎉🎊

yee  Congrats :)

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? California Service Center on 2017-03-07
Consulate :  
I-129F Sent : 2017-02-28
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-03-07
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-06-16
NVC Received : 2017-06-29
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-06-29
NVC Left : 2017-07-06
Consulate Received : 2017-07-12
Packet 3 Received : 2017-07-13
Packet 3 Sent : 2017-07-14
Packet 4 Received : 2017-07-20
Interview Date :

2017-08-17

Approved  2017-08-25

Flying  Sept 8th 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

I would like to add something. I have seen several people talking about how their F's don't believe that they have sent in the packets... talk about adding fuel to the fire. This blows my mind when I see people saying these things. I would be devastated if my F accused me of this. I want him with me just as much as he wants to be physically with me. I am not so stressed, but I do have my times where I get sad that he isn't and if he were to accuse me of this, it would add much unnecessary tension to our relationship. I am not sure what you guys have did in regards to what I am about to say, but I know that when I had my packet all together and ready to go, I had recorded everything that was in it because I wanted him to see all the work I had put into it plus I wanted to have proof for myself of what I had sent in case something happened to it because I have read about things like this happening. I did not do it though because I thought he would ever doubt me. Just did it because I wanted to share it with him.
Anyhow, you are in a real relationship with your F's and they should truly 110% trust you and I am sorry for anyone who is going through this because I can't imagine how much more stress that would add to an already unbearable situation.
Just remember snail mail is slow and your approvals could be on their way if you have not received an RFE by text or email =) because we know that they are working on cases!
Best of luck to everyone no matter what stage you are at! =)

I think a lot of it is cultural.. I know of others and friends with two of them that had issues at points of the process from the same country...I used a lawyer, I work full time and go to school so I tried to take some of the worry out of my hands. that law office has corresponded with her so she knows... problem is lots of people travel to the PI and they are always horror stories of people lying about it, or worse and they all pass them stories around... even if they are or not as common as they think its like the big foot stories everyone knows someone that's seen it... add time and distance and it causes more issues the more they chat with friends that have friends that had a cousin married to a person who had a friend that had this happen to them... of course I always hear the horror stories from people that know someone that have married someone from abroad and it didn't work out and how terrible it is lolololol.. so I understand the rumor mill.. I just don't let it effect me I love her and know of plenty couples that are international.. that have worked out great... im ex military and its very common for me......

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

You guys are lucky! You may have an accent, but you are an English speaker which I am sure helps =) My F's English is great, but when we first met not as great so there have been quite a few arguments basically due to misunderstandings lol Since his English is so much better now, there really have not been these misunderstandings in quite some time. And we both just want the same thing so bad and we just don't want to waste any of the little time we have chatting wasted on arguing.

lololol ive never had a bad argument but as she says its bad English .. she sometimes misunderstands slang or how we use some words or quotes.. I think she misunderstands me more than I misunderstand her...

1 hour ago, Rev said:

They mailed an RFE for a case 20 before mine yesterday with the same received date.  Closest movement I've seen.  I suppose it's too much to hope NOA2 could be close :wacko:

Of course my timeline estimate has jumped up another week this morning after I'd finally entered the estimated date again :rolleyes:

Fingers are crossed for you!!! I hope you'll yell HOORAY soon!! :D

Good luck to all who are waiting!
I wish you many golden letters before this week ends! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

Did he know ahead of time that he was missing vaccines and was that a problem to just have them done from there or like no big deal?

No, he didn't know what vaccines he was going to need/get and they did them all at once with no issues.  Well, he was not feeling so great the rest of the day which is super understandable. 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

I feel your pain... I think all of us who are waiting do. It's amazing where our mind takes us when we want something so bad and aren't getting it and is totally out of our control and in the hands of someone else. While it is unfair if this were to be the case, try to remember that with every passing day brings you a day closer. Also keep in mind that NOA2 arrivals take about a week by snail mail for some reason (sounds like they might be behind on getting their mail out as well because I think mail actually only usually takes 2-3 days depending on where you live). AND think of how much time has already passed since you mailed your packet!!! You can't really be that far away from getting your NOA2 compared to all the time that has passed =)
Just wanna say that in cases like this we need to try to think positively and see the glass as 1/2 full instead of 1/2 empty so we don't fry our brains trying to figure things out and when it's not going to change anything anyhow =)

Thanx Holly, I agree with you, but most of all - I appreciate you taking the time to reach out with encouragement.  Actually, I am staying positive, it is the system that I am pointing out that is unfair for the average filer.  Our open and transparent gov't is manipulating the numbers to 'look good' and meet organizational goals.  It's that funny quirky part of my personality that when I see a 'wrong' I stand up and call it LOL. (I'm that way in healthcare, too.  I am known for being an advocate.) Myself, I have great faith, and believe that there are no accidents.  I also believe that in God's perfect timing, the approval will come.  Still, I ask everyday if this could be the day : )   Thanx again for your post!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
14 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

Real talk: I'm so jealous of everyone who has received their NOA2's and posting about embassy receipt, medicals, interviews, etc. Of course I am insanely happy for everyone, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling like the crazy jealous girl who gets left out of girl's night or something haha :D 

Every night I go to sleep I imagine myself getting the NOA2 and everything working out smoothly, but every day I am disappointed by that damn informed delivery email! I'm going to visit him on Sept 1st so I'm counting down to that instead since it's a concrete date I actually can countdown to. But every day it gets closer seems to get 10x harder. What's the deal with that! 44 days til' I get to see him, but then I will have to say goodbye again until hopefully everything gets approved and he will be able to come here as planned. 

I know the feeling..  But we all been there :(      It seems  unfair but your time will come  soon too and then many after you be in YOUR shoes that you are now.

Hang in there.    

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? California Service Center on 2017-03-07
Consulate :  
I-129F Sent : 2017-02-28
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-03-07
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-06-16
NVC Received : 2017-06-29
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-06-29
NVC Left : 2017-07-06
Consulate Received : 2017-07-12
Packet 3 Received : 2017-07-13
Packet 3 Sent : 2017-07-14
Packet 4 Received : 2017-07-20
Interview Date :

2017-08-17

Approved  2017-08-25

Flying  Sept 8th 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, SChamb said:

I think a lot of it is cultural.. 

Definitely.

So many have committed unmentionable harms there and Wow! Do they gossip in those islands!!

Still, I have been so fortunate that my Fiancee has never questioned me other than to ask about mail then says 'maybe tomorrow'.  I agree with Holly, everytime I read that someone was doubted if they really sent in the petition, it hurts me to think if I heard those words myself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

Real talk: I'm so jealous of everyone who has received their NOA2's and posting about embassy receipt, medicals, interviews, etc. Of course I am insanely happy for everyone, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling like the crazy jealous girl who gets left out of girl's night or something haha :D 

Every night I go to sleep I imagine myself getting the NOA2 and everything working out smoothly, but every day I am disappointed by that damn informed delivery email! I'm going to visit him on Sept 1st so I'm counting down to that instead since it's a concrete date I actually can countdown to. But every day it gets closer seems to get 10x harder. What's the deal with that! 44 days til' I get to see him, but then I will have to say goodbye again until hopefully everything gets approved and he will be able to come here as planned. 

I feel the very same way. It's crazy that some people are coming up on POE and others are still sitting here twiddling our thumbs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

I feel the very same way. It's crazy that some people are coming up on POE and others are still sitting here twiddling our thumbs.

Exactly. It just feels so unfair. I'm so frustrated that we are forced to put our lives on hold at the mercy of a pathetically ineffective government agency. :angry:

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.