Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Peem Jov said:

Lots of visa approvals in the Philippines.. all of that are k1 visa?where did u get those? Any link? Thanks :)

Yes,they all are k1 visa's.Click on non immigrant monthly visa's issue by country -https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/statistics/non-immigrant-visas.html

Edited by SatinderSabiee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, jaybeltisroy said:

ok now that is weird. our case was received March 30, 2017 but until now it has been 128 days and i still have not received any feedback nor NOA2

I wouldn't worry.  We've seen again and again they don't actually work in strict order.  Hopefully your case is just with a different adjudicator and they got to it within a couple days of mine.  There's no telling though as we're seeing a range of processing times for most dates.  Hope it's in the mail for you this week! 

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Diego&Dianna said:

Another question for this wonderful group :) how long did it take for your case to go from "at NVC" to "in transit" and then received? 

Ours left NVC the same day the case # was applied, so keep checking. When I called NVC for our case # they said here it is, it was assigned this morning and oh it's already left and on the way to the embassy. So I never saw it as "at NVC" on the tracker, it was always "IN TRANSIT" and then changed to "READY".

Timeline
14 hours ago, twoDs said:

That's actually a very interesting question, and I found the answer to it a few days ago.

They scan the case files electronically at the Texas lockbox, and process the payments there. It actually speeds processing up. As it turns out while somewhere there is a stack of paper that is your application, USCIS is working with scanned versions of it. There's no bin in a warehouse they have to go get the application out of to examine it, it's all online for them.

Everything you'd ever want to know: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes from Previous Engagements/2013/Lockbox-Filing-Tips.pdf

Very interesting!! Would be good to know that before filing :P so basically don't send in docs that aren't standard size and hard to scan in. Was totally picturing the USCIS officer looking through our actual stack of papers.

Timeline
9 hours ago, GazLisa said:

Yep same here ours was 💯 a electronically sent case after uscis were done with it ours moved like a rocket 🚀 

Thing is, based on what @twoDs posted about the lockbox just scanning in the cases, wouldn't they all be electronic?! what's the difference? I think I got our NVC case # from extension 5 but they didn't say anything about whether it was electronic or not.

12 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Thing is, based on what @twoDs posted about the lockbox just scanning in the cases, wouldn't they all be electronic?! what's the difference? I think I got our NVC case # from extension 5 but they didn't say anything about whether it was electronic or not.

Aaah I missed that post lol

39 minutes ago, Rev said:

I wouldn't worry.  We've seen again and again they don't actually work in strict order.  Hopefully your case is just with a different adjudicator and they got to it within a couple days of mine.  There's no telling though as we're seeing a range of processing times for most dates.  Hope it's in the mail for you this week! 

Hey have you booked your medical at Knightsbridge 😁

3 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Yep, I thought that might be what you were doing, and I have to say it's pretty understandable. You have to do whatever works best for you :)

You are missed, but hopefully you can be back soon telling everyone how you finally got your NOA2

Best wishes and best of luck!

Thank you so much for these words! 

Support and belive that's what everyone who's expecting noa 2 need! 

Hope you'll announce big news from your side soon! 

Keep in touch! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

Aaah I missed that post lol

Hey have you booked your medical at Knightsbridge 😁

Nooo. We only got NOA2 yesterday.  Wouldn't that be after it's been sent to the embassy and ready and all that?  I'm lost from here :hehe:

K-1 Visa:

04/05/17 - Notice date

09/13/17 - Medical

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:

11/18/17 - Delivered

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Nooo. We only got NOA2 yesterday.  Wouldn't that be after it's been sent to the embassy and ready and all that?  I'm lost from here :hehe:

Oops sorry lol 😂 I'm rushing you,yes once you receive letter from embassy saying they have your approved case you can go ahead and schedule medical by phone,they will ask you if you've obtained police certificate 😉

3 hours ago, jaybeltisroy said:

i just don't get the reason why some march filers got their NOA2 within 120ish something days and you have been waiting for 145 days and still haven't got your notice. Mine is 128 days and i am worried already coz my visa here in dubai will expire soon.

Yep that's true but that's how they work. 

And there is nothing you can do about it. Everyone who's expecting here deserves to be approved asap. 

I hope you'll hear good news soon and everything will be ok with your visa. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

Oops sorry lol 😂 I'm rushing you,yes once you receive letter from embassy saying they have your approved case you can go ahead and schedule medical by phone,they will ask you if you've obtained police certificate 😉

Yeah, we're a wee bit behind you in all this.  But okay good, you had me worried it was something we could be jumping on. HA. 

K-1 Visa:

04/05/17 - Notice date

09/13/17 - Medical

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:

11/18/17 - Delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.