3,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 9:09 AM, VeraBradley said:

Sorry about that - it looks like you filed at CSC, can you please tell us your NOA date?

No i filed through vsc.NOA date 3/29/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 8:15 AM, wanderer84 said:

Sorry about that. Congrats on baby. If you don't mind, can you list what you sent originally ?

Marriage certificate 

two years of tax transcript

driver license with same address 

joint bank statement for one month

photos

car insurance with both names

credit card account statement as authorized user

thats what I remember now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, qrish n gita said:

Marriage certificate 

two years of tax transcript

driver license with same address 

joint bank statement for one month

photos

car insurance with both names

credit card account statement as authorized user

thats what I remember now

This is similar to my case. I only provided 1 month's bank statement. So as a response to the RFE, I sent several additional months of statements, 2 more years of tax transcript (both federal and state), driver's license copy, health/life/401k beneficiary details and they approved my case (within 2 weeks of receiving my response)

1 hour ago, dp1987 said:

This is similar to my case. I only provided 1 month's bank statement. So as a response to the RFE, I sent several additional months of statements, 2 more years of tax transcript (both federal and state), driver's license copy, health/life/401k beneficiary details and they approved my case (within 2 weeks of receiving my response)

That is good to hear, congrats. 

I-751 Timeline:

I-751 filed at VSC                 : 05/08/2017

USCIS Received                  : 05/09/2017

Check Cashed                     : 05/18/2017

NOA1 Receipt Date             : 05/10/2017

NOA1 received                     : 05/20/2017

Biometrics letter Received  : 06/10/2017 - Appointment for 06/23/2017

Biometrics Walk-in               : 06/12/2017 - biometrics completed

DMV license renewed         : 06/12/2017 - 1 year extension from greencard expiration 

I-751 Approved                    : 06/06/2018

N-400 Timeline:

Paper filing received at USCIS              : 05/24/2018

N400 notice to create online account   : 05/30/2018

N400 NOA                                                  : 06/02/2018

N400 Biometrics                                       : 06/21/2018

N400 Interview                                          : 09/19/2018

Dear all,

I went to get my I551 stamp this morning at USCIS Washington Field Office and wanted to share with you all my experience.

After reading almost every thread about others' experiences, I was in a big surprise that mine was super easy and fast. I would say unusually easy from the making appointment step till the end.

I booked my first infopass appt on 03/22 at 7.15AM. There were plenty of available appts, I chose the earliest one. I ended up rescheduling it to today 04/05. Note that my extension letter had already expired on 03/10/18. I was not just bothered to get it done then. Well, you are still a permanent resident even without the stamp or the letter.

Anyway, my new appt was scheduled at 7.45AM on 04/05. Again, there were several timeslots to choose from. I figured I would just head to work right after so 7.45AM works best.

Arrived at the building 7.35AM, went through fairly smooth security check, checked in with the receptionist and got the number.

They have about 8-10 windows but only 5-6 open. I sat down and started scrolling my phone, it was not even one minute till I was called to the window that I sat right opposite to,

A young black lady greeted me, asked for my passport, green card, drivers license and extension letter. She took everything and told me to take a seat and wait till being called again. within 5 minutes, she called me to the window, handed me my stamped passport and my drivers license. Per the policy, she kept my expired green card and extension letter. She asked if I had any questions. To which I said if she had any idea what my case status was. She told me they are now working on January 2017 application and I am not too far away.

I know some March 17 April 17 or even May 17 filers got approved, so I do not really believe in what it shows on the screen. It is obviously not a first come first serve system.

I am very happy that I finally have the stamp to back up my status.

Also, I mailed out my RFE yesterday.

Best of luck for us all :) xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, moonsky said:

Dear all,

I went to get my I551 stamp this morning at USCIS Washington Field Office and wanted to share with you all my experience.

After reading almost every thread about others' experiences, I was in a big surprise that mine was super easy and fast. I would say unusually easy from the making appointment step till the end.

I booked my first infopass appt on 03/22 at 7.15AM. There were plenty of available appts, I chose the earliest one. I ended up rescheduling it to today 04/05. Note that my extension letter had already expired on 03/10/18. I was not just bothered to get it done then. Well, you are still a permanent resident even without the stamp or the letter.

Anyway, my new appt was scheduled at 7.45AM on 04/05. Again, there were several timeslots to choose from. I figured I would just head to work right after so 7.45AM works best.

Arrived at the building 7.35AM, went through fairly smooth security check, checked in with the receptionist and got the number.

They have about 8-10 windows but only 5-6 open. I sat down and started scrolling my phone, it was not even one minute till I was called to the window that I sat right opposite to,

A young black lady greeted me, asked for my passport, green card, drivers license and extension letter. She took everything and told me to take a seat and wait till being called again. within 5 minutes, she called me to the window, handed me my stamped passport and my drivers license. Per the policy, she kept my expired green card and extension letter. She asked if I had any questions. To which I said if she had any idea what my case status was. She told me they are now working on January 2017 application and I am not too far away.

I know some March 17 April 17 or even May 17 filers got approved, so I do not really believe in what it shows on the screen. It is obviously not a first come first serve system.

I am very happy that I finally have the stamp to back up my status.

Also, I mailed out my RFE yesterday.

Best of luck for us all :) xx

Thank you for sharing. :)

Married January 15, 2014

USCIS

I130 sent March, 11, 2014 NOA1 March 18

I129F sent April 7, 2014 NOA1 April 14

NOA2 September 10, 2014

NVC received October 1, 2014

NVC

Case # assigned October 17, 2014

Paid AOS and IV October 24, 2014

Submitted electronically November 19, 2014

December 11, 2014 received confirming email receipt of documents

January 26, 2015 checklist for AOS missing info and IV docs (say did not receive)

February 5, 2015 resubmitted IV docs

January 29 resubmitted AOS checklist docs

February 20, 2015 all docs received

February 20, 2015 case complete

February 27, 2015 Case complete email received.

March 2, 2015 Interview email received Interview Date April 17, 2015. Montreal

Medical scheduled April 10, 2015 Montreal

Signed up for courier service.

April 2, 2015 Medisys calls to reschedule medical . ( there is no emoticon that could accurately represent my dismay)

April 6, 2015 Medical rescheduled to April 9

April 9, 2015 Medical complete.

April 17, 2015 Interview and approval.

April 23, 2015 visa received!

May 2, 2015 visa fee paid.

August 1, 2015 POE reunited with my husband.

September 2015 ; 2 year green card received.

ROC

May 4th 2017 package sent to CSC

May 6th 2017 Package received USPS tracking

May 16th 2017 Check cashed

May 18th 2017 NOA1 received dated May 8, 2017

May 27th 2017 Biometrics received appointment June 7th, 2017

June 5th 2017 early walk in biometrics New Orleans

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/4/2018 at 9:57 AM, dp1987 said:

Woke up this morning to another update!

Case approved and we have mailed the green card to you via USPS as of April 3, 2018!!!

RFE - 3/14/18

RFE responded - 3/16/18

RFE received by VSC - 3/22/18

Case approved - 4/3/18

I am pleasantly surprised at such a fast turn around. Completely unexpected! 

PS: my RFE was due to lack of bank statements (I only sent 1 year), IRS tax transcripts, etc. So I responded with several months of bank statements, 2 additional years' worth of tax returns (2016 & 2017), joint health insurance evidence (1095-C schedules), life insurance & 401k beneficiary information, 1099 forms for brokerage account and a note stating why we dont have a joint mortgage/lease/deed (house was purchased before our marriage)

Yet another update :D

Received the 10yr GC in the mail today!!

To recap: 

RFE: 3/14

Responded: 3/16

RFE received: 3/22

Approved: 4/3

GC received in mail: 4/5

Time from RFE to GC in hand: 23 days 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Update. So mad. I have the tracking number on my GC and it was supposed to arrive yesterday--was at a distribution facility close to home--and now sent further away and delayed. Cant wait til post office opens so I can call. So even the post office now has to be involved in causing undue stress during this process! * shakes first at the gods *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

everyday its another issue with USCIS so I received my 10 year card yesterday finally after approval on march 14 however now the residence date is march 14 2018 when it should've been backdated to reflect the original date I became a resident. Now im not sure the impact this might have on N400 interview when I do go if I don't have the card as ill have to send in the 10 year card when I file I-90 to fix the error

13 minutes ago, nywestq said:

everyday its another issue with USCIS so I received my 10 year card yesterday finally after approval on march 14 however now the residence date is march 14 2018 when it should've been backdated to reflect the original date I became a resident. Now im not sure the impact this might have on N400 interview when I do go if I don't have the card as ill have to send in the 10 year card when I file I-90 to fix the error

I dont think this will affect your n400 application. You have been a permanent resident regardless of your conditional status. The date doesn't matter. 

Good Morning,

March 2017 filer here.

I wanted to share with you guys about one of the most frustrating events of my life. Don't worry though, this probably doesn't apply to pretty much any of you. Just to vent here it goes:

I did not know that I had the option to change my name with the N-400. I changed my name with a court decree by myself. This name change was done after the expired date of the Conditional Green Card and after the extension letter was sent to me.

I changed my name on pretty much every document except for SSN. They told me that they will not accept a USCIS extention letter and it has to be a valid current green card. So I went and got my InfoPass appointment and got the stamp.

When I went back to Social, they refused again, citing that they can only change my name on the social security card if the court decree of name change is dated AFTER my immigration document (green card) was granted to me. Regarding this stamp, it was technically granted after my court date. So I'm basically trapped in between. And my driver's license and SSN have totally different names. I will be moving soon and will have to deal with new employment. I might have to carry around this court decree with me.

Now this might screw up my N-400 application. My SSN has my old name on it. I cannot change it. But I submitted the N-400 form anyway with my social security number hoping that it would not matter.

Now let's say I got my 10 year card in the mail. I still will not be able to change my name on my social until I submit an I-90 replacement card which will cost more $$$.

I did submit my court degree with my N-400 application hoping that by some miracle they will change my name and send me the 10 year card with my new name. I highly doubt it though.

This whole ordeal has been a big mess. If I just knew I could do it with my N-400 I would have just waited. :( :(

Also I submitted my N-400 to expedite my ROC just like how many people here have been doing with good results.

N-400 submission date: 04/05/2018 and they most probably send me a ROE because I was sloppy on that as well due to the stress.

Edited by Kai1
grammar

14 minutes ago, Kai1 said:

Good Morning,

March 2017 filer here.

I wanted to share with you guys about one of the most frustrating events of my life. Don't worry though, this probably doesn't apply to pretty much any of you. Just to vent here it goes:

I did not know that I had the option to change my name with the N-400. I changed my name with a court decree by myself. This name change was done after the expired date of the Conditional Green Card and after the extension letter was sent to me.

I changed my name on pretty much every document except for SSN. They told me that they will not accept a USCIS extention letter and it has to be a valid current green card. So I went and got my InfoPass appointment and got the stamp.

When I went back to Social, they refused again, citing that they can only change my name on the social security card if the court decree of name change is dated AFTER my immigration document (green card) was granted to me. Regarding this stamp, it was technically granted after my court date. So I'm basically trapped in between. And my driver's license and SSN have totally different names. I will be moving soon and will have to deal with new employment. I might have to carry around this court decree with me.

Now this might screw up my N-400 application. My SSN has my old name on it. I cannot change it. But I submitted the N-400 form anyway with my social security number hoping that it would not matter.

Now let's say I got my 10 year card in the mail. I still will not be able to change my name on my social until I submit an I-90 replacement card which will cost more $$$.

I did submit my court degree with my N-400 application hoping that by some miracle they will change my name and send me the 10 year card with my new name. I highly doubt it though.

This whole ordeal has been a big mess. If I just knew I could do it with my N-400 I would have just waited. :( :(

Also I submitted my N-400 to expedite my ROC just like how many people here have been doing with good results.

N-400 submission date: 04/05/2018 and they most probably send me a ROE because I was sloppy on that as well due to the stress.

ROE   RFE

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, so i got a notification through the dhs that they have taken an action on my case. So i signed in and saw ' we are producing your card and will send it to u'

I was so excited until I saw where they said they will send the green card, EAD, or combo card. I am a bit confused here. Shouldn't it be the 10 years card, did anyone get this kind of notification?

Screenshot_20180406-092346.png

4 minutes ago, bibi_hey said:

Hello everyone, so i got a notification through the dhs that they have taken an action on my case. So i signed in and saw ' we are producing your card and will send it to u'

I was so excited until I saw where they said they will send the green card, EAD, or combo card. I am a bit confused here. Shouldn't it be the 10 years card, did anyone get this kind of notification?

Screenshot_20180406-092346.png

The EAD part in very weird indeed. But the important thing is it also says your green card is arriving. That most likely will be your 10 year green card. Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.