3,010 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tarver56 said:

Don't worry, yours will come too. Did you check both DHS and egov website? ours didnt get any updates in the egov website while the DHS website says, they mailed us the card. @AnGeLxX has a different case - their egov updated a day before DHS.

It is so random - however, I wouldn't worry at all - I would rather keep calling the 1-800 number and keep pestering them till I know what's going on. :P keeping all the ones who haven't received any approval or updates (specially all the CSC filers) in my thoughts. 

Thanks I keep checking both sites, but I’m just driving myself crazy with obsessing so I should stop. Thanks for the luck. 

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, moonsky said:

HI March 2017 fellows,

I have been following you guys for a while but did not get a chance to register and reply to the thread.

My NOA date is 03/10/17.

RFE dated 03/28/2018.

Status on DHS shows "we received your case" dated 02/25/2018

Now, on the RFE letter, it states that I need to submit a photocopy of my marriage certificate which I for some reason misplaced. 

My question is can/should I send the certified marriage certificate that could be obtained at the court where my ceremony was taken place?

Per your experience with RFE, should this be a good sign for an approval?

Thank you :) xx

They shouldn't be asking you for a marriage certificate because the instructions don't say that you needed to submit a marriage certificate. Also everyone has to submit it for the I-485 so one would assume that you wouldn't need to submit it again for ROC. But when dealing with USCIS anything is possible... oh boy

As per the instructions you don't need to submit originals just a copy. Unless USCIS explicitly asks for the original.

If you feel comfortable submitting the original, you may do so. But they might keep it.

Try to submit everything they're asking on the letter and you'll be fine.

Wish you luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Woke up this morning to another update!

Case approved and we have mailed the green card to you via USPS as of April 3, 2018!!!

RFE - 3/14/18

RFE responded - 3/16/18

RFE received by VSC - 3/22/18

Case approved - 4/3/18

I am pleasantly surprised at such a fast turn around. Completely unexpected! 

PS: my RFE was due to lack of bank statements (I only sent 1 year), IRS tax transcripts, etc. So I responded with several months of bank statements, 2 additional years' worth of tax returns (2016 & 2017), joint health insurance evidence (1095-C schedules), life insurance & 401k beneficiary information, 1099 forms for brokerage account and a note stating why we dont have a joint mortgage/lease/deed (house was purchased before our marriage)

56 minutes ago, dp1987 said:

Case approved and we have mailed the green card to you via USPS as of April 3, 2018!!!

RFE - 3/14/18

RFE responded - 3/16/18

Case approved - 4/3/18

PS: my RFE was due to lack of bank statements (I only sent 1 year), IRS tax transcripts, etc. So I responded with several months of bank statements, 2 additional years' worth of tax returns (2016 & 2017), joint health insurance evidence (1095-C schedules), life insurance & 401k beneficiary information, 1099 forms for brokerage account and a note stating why we dont have a joint mortgage/lease/deed (house was purchased before our marriage)

CONGRATS YAYA

I am going to send in me RFE today with the certified marriage certificate from DMV.

Fingers crossed :)

10 hours ago, Santos12 said:

They shouldn't be asking you for a marriage certificate because the instructions don't say that you needed to submit a marriage certificate. Also everyone has to submit it for the I-485 so one would assume that you wouldn't need to submit it again for ROC. But when dealing with USCIS anything is possible... oh boy

As per the instructions you don't need to submit originals just a copy. Unless USCIS explicitly asks for the original.

If you feel comfortable submitting the original, you may do so. But they might keep it.

Try to submit everything they're asking on the letter and you'll be fine.

Wish you luck.

I know!!!

That is ridiculous. Marriage certificate is the last thing I would imagine being asked for.

I was super nervous opening the mail, but felt relieved knowing that was all they need.

I got two certified copies from DMV, will mail it out today along with the letter.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, moonsky said:

I know!!!

That is ridiculous. Marriage certificate is the last thing I would imagine being asked for.

I was super nervous opening the mail, but felt relieved knowing that was all they need.

I got two certified copies from DMV, will mail it out today along with the letter.

The DMV? The same one that issues driver's license?

Yes!

I found out yesterday that you could certainly obtain certified copies of your birth/death/marriage/divorce certificates instead of making a trip to the Court (Court price is cheaper though $2.50 per copy vs $14 per copy at DMV)

For me, it's more about convenience :) that worked out well. I spoke to my lawyer and he confirmed the DMV certified copy works perfectly fine. Going to mail it out today with CONFIDENCE :D

7 minutes ago, Santos12 said:

The DMV? The same one that issues driver's license?

Yes!

I found out yesterday that you could certainly obtain certified copies of your birth/death/marriage/divorce certificates at your local DMV instead of making a trip to the Court (Court price is cheaper though $2.50 per copy vs $14 per copy at DMV)

For me, it's more about convenience :) that worked out well. I spoke to my lawyer and he confirmed the DMV certified copy works perfectly fine. Going to mail it out today with CONFIDENCE :D

Edited by moonsky

Just now, moonsky said:

Yes!

I found out yesterday that you could certainly obtain certified copies of your birth/death/marriage/divorce certificates instead of making a trip to the Court (Court price is cheaper though $2.50 per copy vs $14 per copy at DMV)

is your lawyer supposed to send your dmv certified marriage certificate to vsc?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, moonsky said:

Yes!

I found out yesterday that you could certainly obtain certified copies of your birth/death/marriage/divorce certificates at your local DMV instead of making a trip to the Court (Court price is cheaper though $2.50 per copy vs $14 per copy at DMV)

Wow that's great. I'm almost certain that that's not the case here in NJ. But if it were I would still rather go to the city hall to get a copy of a marriage certificate. The lines at the DMV are always huge and it can be really stressful at times. 

2 hours ago, dp1987 said:

RFE - 3/14/18

RFE responded - 3/16/18

Case approved - 4/3/18

Congratulations! :D

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

6 minutes ago, Boadiwaa said:

@boosbear

Lets hang in there,our victory is on the way soon.Lets keep praying hard🙏🏾Am also a march filer.

🙏🏾🙏🏾 To you & yours thank you 

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

20 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

is your lawyer supposed to send your dmv certified marriage certificate to vsc?

Either way is fine he told me. It will get to VSC eventually.

I will just mail it out after work, saving the meeting and handing him the docs time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.