3,010 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, boosbear said:

Thank you we are in the exact same boat time frame wise. I sent the inquiry & they said we’d hear by April 19....which is sooner than his green card expires on 4-28, so that’s something. Here’s to all of us still waiting. Thanks for your help, I totally hit the wrong inquiry earlier. 🤦🏻‍♀️

No problem. Here’s to us waiting!🙃🍸

10 minutes ago, tarver56 said:

Cheers!! 😊🍸

Married ❤️02-14-14 valentines day!?❤️

USCIS

PD April 4, 2014 USCIS Vermont service center

NOA1 April 8, 2014

RFE none

NVC

Petition Approved July 10, 2014

AOS & IV scan dates 8/21 & 9/23

Waiting on our CC

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Got a i551 stamp today, the lady said they start working on my case on march 23 but dont kno how long before i get approval, she said i should check my mail box aften i so watned to tell her i move in my mail box since January of this year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

Got a i551 stamp today, the lady said they start working on my case on march 23 but dont kno how long before i get approval, she said i should check my mail box aften i so watned to tell her i move in my mail box since January of this year.

We must wait and hope, I have not received a notification by post or email on 3/28/18 so I hope I get a response soon.😕

Timeline
9 hours ago, tarver56 said:

Here we go again :unsure:
Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 22, 2017.

Sign in

7 hours ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

I thought your case was approved at the DHS website? 

51 minutes ago, Manc73 said:
Here we go again :unsure:
Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 22, 2017.

Sign in

Good luck! What is your NOA? I can't see it on your timeline because you don't have one.

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Timeline
39 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Good luck! What is your NOA? I can't see it on your timeline because you don't have one.

I was told me to notify uscis by email if I did not received a NOA by 3/28/18, and that was the response I got.

31 minutes ago, Manc73 said:

I was told me to notify uscis by email if I did not received a NOA by 3/28/18, and that was the response I got.

The message you got is an automatic message they send every 2 weeks (i think) if there are no updates on your case. You can

turn off the notifications in the settings. This wasn't actually a response to your inquiry..

Hey everyone, I'm a March 2017 filer. My case was sent to VSC but then they transferred me to CSC sometime last year. I feel like I'm never going to get my 10 year GC! I'm in the window to apply for N400 now. I think I should just do it to try and get someone to look at our case.

I've been a silent reader of this thread for over a year now. First, I want to thank all the posters for their updates, it's been an emotional roller coaster journey:)

I wanted to update you about my recent experience. I'm a March filer and I have the same notifications and status updates as most people. "On March 5th the case has been transferred to the local office" and "name was updated" (although I've never changed the name).

Yesterday, I went to Boston field office to get my I-551 stamp. The officer said that my case is still in Vermont and it was assigned to a person for processing. There're no mass transfers of cases happening, so the transfer can only happen if the case is scheduled for the interview.  In case of Boston, it will take an additional 9-12 month to schedule an interview because of the backlog.

The officer went on saying that every one of them has a very different understanding of Bona Fide Marriage. Documents that one officer considers enough, might not work for another person. 

Since my case was assigned to the office for processing I asked how long on average does it take to hear the news. The officer said that most of them in the service centers are working from home and are assigned 100-150 cases per week. But it doesn't mean that they process them right away, because of other things they are working on. It usually takes 6 to 8 weeks to hear something from USCIS after the case was assigned to an officer.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello All, my green card expired May 7,  2017 and I have been out of the country for a while but I want to come back to the US later today and I am so scared. Does anyone know if my extension increases my status by one year from the green card expiration or the day I received my extension letter.

N.B I would have come back earlier but for situations beyond my control.

1 minute ago, bibi_hey said:

Hello All, my green card expired May 7,  2017 and I have been out of the country for a while but I want to come back to the US later today and I am so scared. Does anyone know if my extension increases my status by one year from the green card expiration or the day I received my extension letter.

N.B I would have come back earlier but for situations beyond my control.

one year from the expiration date on your card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.