3,010 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

Did anybody travel with EXTENSION LETTER and what is your experience?  

xAFhm5.png

I-129F Sent: 09-11-15
I-129F Received: 09-16-15
NOA1 E-Notification: 09-18-15
NOA1 Hard Copy: 09-26-15
NOA2 E-Notification: 10-16-15 :goofy:
NOA2 Hard Copy: 10-22-15
NVC Received: 11-03-15
NVC Case #: 11-05-15
NVC Left: 11-05-15
Consulate Rec: 11-06-15
Packet 3 Received: 11-16-15
Medical Exam: 11-24-15
Packet 3 Sent: 11-30-15
Packet 4: 12-16-2015
Interview Date: 12-22-15 APPROVED :goofy:
Visa Received: 12-24-15
US Entry: 03-15-16
Weeding: 03-17-16 :goofy:

GREEN CARD IN MAIL AFTER 3 MONTHS 3 WEEKS AND 1 DAY (NO INTERVIEW)

I-485 sent: 04-11-16

I-765 sent: 04-11-16

I-131 sent: 04-11-16

AOS received: 04-13-16

NOA E-Notification x3: 04-18-16

NOA Hard Copy x3: 04-20-16

Biometrics letter: 04-30-16

Biometrics Appt Date: 05-13-16

EAD online service requested: 07-01-16 (Day 79)

EAD/AP approved: 07/12/16 (11 days after service requested)

EAD/AP received: 07/19/16

I-485 approved: 08/01/2016 :goofy:

Green card received: 08/04/2016 :goofy:

I-751 Sent: 05-15-18

I-751 Received: 05-18-18

Check cashed: 06-15-18 :whistle:

I-751 NOA1 received: 06-18-18

I-751 NOA1 date: 06-12-18 (Extended status for 18 months) 

Biometrics Appt Date: 05-17-19

Green card in hands: 05-05-19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
2 hours ago, Philly512 said:

I’m sure this has been asked (I think) but I’m too lazy to go back and read ...I got approved end of July, received my green card August 4, today I got a 18 month extension letter with date from the 11th. I’m sure this is one of the many Stupid things Uscis is doing now but wanted to make sure 

just cuz USCIS doing something stupid doesn't mean you should act the same. You have a green card already, so relax and celebrate. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 hours ago, David1987 said:

just cuz USCIS doing something stupid doesn't mean you should act the same. You have a green card already, so relax and celebrate. :)

How nice of you to call me stupid ...have a nice day 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, JJ11 said:

Hi everyone.

Did anybody travel with EXTENSION LETTER and what is your experience?  

I did - no problem .

It's more about leaving another country and be allowed boarding, not entering the US - here you shouldn't have any problem.

I traveled with Air Canada & Lufthansa. - they are well aware what a combo of an extension letter + an expired green card stands for. 

You can print this Guide  - just in case.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Nov/carrier-information-guide-english.pdf

p.10 and p.38

Good luck and have a safe trip!

On 8/14/2018 at 9:04 AM, forze said:

Hi fillers,

This morning I got another email of action o my case and for the first time I think DHS updated saying the USPS would be delivering my card.

uscis 2.png

Ooo my submission date is the 22nd! Hopefully this means I get word on mine this week!

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/17/2018 at 1:52 PM, Philly512 said:

I’m sure this has been asked (I think) but I’m too lazy to go back and read ...I got approved end of July, received my green card August 4, today I got a 18 month extension letter with date from the 11th. I’m sure this is one of the many Stupid things Uscis is doing now but wanted to make sure 

Same thing happened to us.  Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing - trickle down Trump incompetence.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 8/18/2018 at 11:34 AM, p1po2w said:

I got approved a few days ago. mid March 2017 CSC but transferred to Nebraska in May this year. USCIS did not update online but DHS did BUT I did not get an email or text (I signed up for both). It shows 

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

Hi what do you mean by saying DHS notified you the approval? Could you explain how to track through DHS? I only know tracking through USCIS Case status... Thanks.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, p1po2w said:

you need to make an account with DHS and put your case number there:

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Thanks for the link.Although I created an account, I was not able to add my case lol gonna try again later. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 5.51.48 PM.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/18/2018 at 2:34 PM, p1po2w said:

I got approved a few days ago. mid March 2017 CSC but transferred to Nebraska in May this year. USCIS did not update online but DHS did BUT I did not get an email or text (I signed up for both). It shows 

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

Congrats! There's a hope for CSC filers transferred to NE. I filed mid March 2017 and was transferred to NE in May thsi year too. Neither DHS and USCIS site has any updates, but I'll stay positive!!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ktone said:

Congrats! There's a hope for CSC filers transferred to NE. I filed mid March 2017 and was transferred to NE in May thsi year too. Neither DHS and USCIS site has any updates, but I'll stay positive!!

I’m similar to you guys! I filed in April 2017 was transferred on June 28 to NE. Hope to hear your updates soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On August 18, 2018 at 6:50 AM, Zcomuto said:

Ooo my submission date is the 22nd! Hopefully this means I get word on mine this week!

how to they really work on our papers? This is really frustrating. Filed mine March 14, 2017, got my transfer notice in Nebraska 4th of April 2018.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also, I got a new extension letter but it states "this notice, presented with your expired Permanent Resident Card, is evidence of the 18-month extension of your status and work authorization.

My problem is I had my passport stamped on May and they took my greencard. Now, we have plans on going out of the country. Will they allow me to enter the US without th expired

greencard?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.