eieio

President Trump Addresses the Joint Session of Congress

160 posts in this topic

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

No I would consider Mlk speech on the mall the best ever. I have a dream and all  Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall was epic.

Trump's was in that league 

I don't watch award shows and never heard of the centipede thing 

I don't think Trump was anywhere near MLK, Reagan, and JFK, after whose speech Reagan's "Tear Down This Wall" was crafted, but I would like to hear your take on the subject,

What points in last night's speech are referential to these memorable leaders, from your perspective?

Edited by CaliCat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
3 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Oh dear, you're doing that erratically driving in the middle of the road thing again aren't you? We had two rollovers in town yesterday, don't be the third. :P

He's just trying to get the skunk I posted the other day.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Just now, OriZ said:

He's just trying to get the skunk I posted the other day.

But a skunk is such a small fry! Go for bigger game! We've got plenty of options. :P

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

5 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Oh dear, you're doing that erratically driving in the middle of the road thing again aren't you? We had two rollovers in town yesterday, don't be the third. :P

Honestly right now it looks like he is driving blindfolded with his steering wheel tied to the right.

28 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

I don't think Trump was anywhere near MLK, Reagan, and JFK, after whose speech Reagan's "Tear Down This Wall" was crafted, but I would like to hear your take on the subject,

What points in last night's speech are referential to these memorable leaders, from your perspective?

I don't know I didn't watch it 

I watched it. He was trying to remain calm, he looked a little more put together and he seemed to have listened to some of the advice given,  that just complaining about everyone that disagrees with him is not the correct way to go. I feel that he might be starting to understand that the country is indeed divided and he is trying to rectify it. Wether it is because of his ego and the need to be liked, or that he genuinely cares for the country, only time will tell. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

Having said that, the damage has already been done.  It's understandable that people don't believe what he is saying or how good his intensions are. Republicans and liberals have been increasingly attacking and calling each other names and the tension is palpable. 

He seems to genuinely believe that immigrants are way more dangerous than they actually are. I am not saying that there hasn't been a case of an immigrant (ilegal or otherwise) committing a crime. Just that it is not the gigantic threat that he thinks it is. And if we are following that logic, there has recently been more crimes against immigrants than otherwise. From his reactions, watching other countries deal with refugees has him scared for the United States, and he is trying to find any means to justify his actions. In his quest to put the  ''american people first'' and make ''America great again'' he is (hopefully unintentionally) alienating the  legal, law abiding, tax paying immigrants amongst the actual criminal, illegal ones. Giving intolerance a VOICE. (sorry couldn't help myself) 

So then there's VOICE. Not only this requires funding, planning, man power,  if I understood correctly the purpose of it is to protect americans from immigrant crimes. It's a very specific niche, and a grey moral area at that. Not only immigrant crimes account for a very small portion of violence compared to crime in the country overall, but it actually works against its original intentions by segregating us more and even actually promoting hate crimes (speculation from my part, but take Kansas for example) 

In my opinion, it fuels the idea that immigrants are in fact so evil, that drastic measures have to be taken to protect americans from it.  

Almost everyone in this forum is in the process of legally migrating to this country that we will now call home, that we will learn to respect and love as our own. We are following the rules and every step, paying and waiting for months and even years. It breaks my heart thinking that after such a long journey, we face not a land of opportunities but fear and division instead, were something as preposterous as ''not looking white enough'' can make your life a living hell... Or even take it away.

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, OriZ said:

Well thing is it's not even only him. I remember even before the elections they were saying it's possible some 20% of Bernie supporters would vote for Trump. I don't know how many actually ended up doing it, but it has something to do with stuff like their proposal and rhetoric on trade which are almost indistinguishable., they both favor campaign finance reform, neither talked like politicians, they both support maintaining or expanding current levels of social security benefits, both have similar views on gun control(Sanders being a vermonter makes it almost a given), both supported single payer at one time(even Trump although now he seems to have backed away), both want to invest alot into infrastructure, so there's differences but there's also some similarities. 

Don't forget the corruption among politicians, rigged primaries,biased media,identity politics and regime change of other nations. Over on the donald a good % were former sanders supporters. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, eieio said:

Don't forget the corruption among politicians, rigged primaries,biased media,identity politics and regime change of other nations. Over on the donald a good % were former sanders supporters. 

And the most important ingredient: a little help from Putin goes a long way!

Timeline

It breaks my heart thinking that after such a long journey, we face not a land of opportunities but fear and division instead, were something as preposterous as ''not looking white enough'' can make your life a living hell... Or even take it away.

You need to stop listening to the fake news. Trump will bring more opportunities for legal immigrants such as yourself. The "not looking white enough" is not at all true. I think you will be pleasantly surprised that how Trump supporters will treat you. You will find out where the hate comes from….and if is from the left. Liberals will treat you as someone who is only qualified to pick fruit and clean houses.  Give it a year and you will see.

1 minute ago, eieio said:

You need to stop listening to the fake news. Trump will bring more opportunities for legal immigrants such as yourself. The "not looking white enough" is not at all true. I think you will be pleasantly surprised that how Trump supporters will treat you. You will find out where the hate comes from….and if is from the left. Liberals will treat you as someone who is only qualified to pick fruit and clean houses.  Give it a year and you will see.

bookmarked.:pop:

Timeline
1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

bookmarked.:pop:

There is no doubt in my mind she will understand. She has common sense. Thats all it really takes.

Just now, eieio said:

There is no doubt in my mind she will understand. She has common sense. Thats all it really takes.

understand? i don't even think you understood the quote of hers you responded to. i didn't take her post as being worried so much over trump supporters, i took it more as being worried about trump policy. trump supporters are by and large completely harmless, other than the harm extreme gullibility can bring.