3,975 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

You're looking at the list wrong. The average time between biometrics and EAD approval is 57 days according to the stats. I don't even know how you'd e-file it. And that works out, because the average from the first NOA to biometrics is roughly 30 days and then another 60ish = 90 days. 

@Becci391

You go by the USCIS received date that you find online. 

Thanks for the info.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kalciaa said:

My biometrics appointment is this week about 20 mins away from my house conviniently located on my way to work ;)    Still don't have any updates on my request to expedite my EAD but since they need fingerprints for the card I'm assuming I'll hear something after my appointment. In the mean time my current EAD expires May 19. 

@Kalciaa congratulations on your biometrics update and the proximity to your residence and work. I think it will be great to find out about your expedite at the ASC during the biometrics appointment. Good luck.

9 hours ago, Cynthia68 said:

I think it depends, I have waiting for 3 weeks.

@Cynthia68 I can imagine how you feel, be a little more patient and let's see how next week goes for you. Be strong and positive. Good luck.

2 hours ago, RenoZiv said:

I just got my appointment in the mail on Friday. Maybe you should try calling don't hurt the worse it could be is they tell you sorry we can't do anything before bla bla days call then. 

1 hour ago, RenoZiv said:

Has anyone got an EAD approval yet? looking on the section for average wait times looks to be about 30 days ish from biometrics appointment. (varies on if you filed via mail or efiled) 42 if you e-file or 29 if by mail. (weird I know you would think it would be the opposite!) Here is the link for those that are curious! http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadstats.php

On another note! I really wish they had something like we had with Igors List like we did with the K1s for theses AOS EAD AP would really be nice!! Does anyone know if there is? I seem to rememeber a place whecasre it populated a list according to your case number and it would populate a list of so many (that you specified) and you could see statuses of cases near yours.

@RenoZiv congratulations on your biometrics appointment update. As par the EAD dates and timeline, I wish it could be so but I tend to differ considering the timeline of others I see which takes between 60-90 days after the biometrics appointment to be approved but if it happens otherwise that will be wonderful. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Becci391 said:

Sorry if I have to ask the question again but which of the date is the one where I can estimate when I get my EAD?

I sent AOS,EAD and AP to USCIS on February 21st. They received it on February 24th. Got NOA1 in the mail on March 14th.

@Becci391 it goes by the date that says " on the so so so and so day we received your...." that shows on your MyUSCIS platform. Good luck to us all. Have a nice weekend.

38 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

@Kalciaa congratulations on your biometrics update and the proximity to your residence and work. I think it will be great to find out about your expedite at the ASC during the biometrics appointment. Good luck.

@Cynthia68 I can imagine how you feel, be a little more patient and let's see how next week goes for you. Be strong and positive. Good luck.

@RenoZiv congratulations on your biometrics appointment update. As par the EAD dates and timeline, I wish it could be so but I tend to differ considering the timeline of others I see which takes between 60-90 days after the biometrics appointment to be approved but if it happens otherwise that will be wonderful. Good luck.

@Becci391 it goes by the date that says " on the so so so and so day we received your...." that shows on your MyUSCIS platform. Good luck to us all. Have a nice weekend.

Wow...that means the day is February 24th. Hopefully I have some status updates soon :)

ROC Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/21/2017 at 6:40 PM, atuegwu said:

@wef congratulations and sorry about your loss, please more careful with all your papers and everything concerning this process. good luck

We should have left the papers at home. Her purse was in the trunk of the car while we went on a 1 hour hike.  Someone entered the car after breaking a window.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys , I finally got my rfe they want me to send i-130A , copy of my wife's i-864 and my joint sponsor proof of citizenship which is my aged father in-law we gon figure maybe to go to dutchess county(thank God it's in NY) which is about 3hrs drive or apply for it through mail because I wouldn't want to stress him due to his medical situation or if he can call them and explain to them then me and my wife drive down there to pick it up.We will all sail through this by the grace of the almighty , and if anyone knows an easier way to obtain this ?

I did my biometric yesterday in Detroit.. Was simple and fast.. I also sent my RFIE response And they recived it today.. 

But i sent can't get a MI ID or opening a joint bank account..At the SOS office They gave us a form called SAVE ( systematic Alien verification for Entitlement) with a case number to check when i can come back and finishing my ID Application.. This is so nasty .. Is that happen in all states?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
27 minutes ago, rose michigan said:

I did my biometric yesterday in Detroit.. Was simple and fast.. I also sent my RFIE response And they recived it today.. 

But i sent can't get a MI ID or opening a joint bank account..At the SOS office They gave us a form called SAVE ( systematic Alien verification for Entitlement) with a case number to check when i can come back and finishing my ID Application.. This is so nasty .. Is that happen in all states?

Very similar situation here in NY. No ID, drivers license or bank account (at Chase) until I have my EAD in hand. It's super frustrating, especially since I'm only able to drive for another 3 weeks before it's been 6 months since my entry into the US. 

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

Anyone get their I-765 rejected? I just got a notice today about the fee being wrong/not provided and the form being outdate. Thing is, I sent a check for $1,225 and they cashed it a few days ago. I check the form, it was actually outdated (but the new form and old form not that different, same info :huh:). So I'm going to resubmit the updated form, but any idea why they mentioned the fee?

finally got my biometric letter yesterday, it's scheduled for May 3rd, 11am.

It took more than 3 weeks for me to receive the biometric lette after NOA1, I did send out a service request about 10 days ago, not sure if that actual helped. 

03/14/2017 AOS package arrived (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)

03/23/2017 1st NOAs received (text and emails for all 4 forms)

03/23/2017 check cashed 

03/27/2017 1st NOAs received in mail

04/22/2017 biometric letter 

05/03/2017 biometric appointment 

05/09/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview 

07/03/2017 EAD card is being produced 

07/07/2017 EAD card is mailed to me

04/03/2018 Filed for EAD renewal 

06/15/2018 AOS interview was scheduled 

06/21/2018 received interview letter 

07/23/2018 interview

07/24/2018 case approved 

07/28/2018 card in hand 

On 4/22/2017 at 8:17 AM, Kalciaa said:

My biometrics appointment is this week about 20 mins away from my house conviniently located on my way to work ;)    Still don't have any updates on my request to expedite my EAD but since they need fingerprints for the card I'm assuming I'll hear something after my appointment. In the mean time my current EAD expires May 19. 

We received the EAD combo card this past Friday after requesting a second expedite on the evening of 4/3/17. The first one was closed out because biometrics had not been completed. The response for the course expedite in the mail we got was simply a copy of the biometrics appointment letter. Call the day after your biometrics is completed to request expedite again. You can see if the office does walkins to get them completed even sooner. 

Edited by Scienceteacher15

11 hours ago, TL2016 said:

Very similar situation here in NY. No ID, drivers license or bank account (at Chase) until I have my EAD in hand. It's super frustrating, especially since I'm only able to drive for another 3 weeks before it's been 6 months since my entry into the US. 

Try not being allowed to drive ever since you got married 😉 Gotta love California 😑 

16 hours ago, TL2016 said:

Try Bank of America or Wells Fargo. I opened accounts with them using just my passport(foreign) and a letter. Bank of America even gave me a credit card

1 minute ago, Donnell said:

Try Bank of America or Wells Fargo. I opened accounts with them using just my passport(foreign) and a letter. Bank of America even gave me a credit card

I agree. My husband and I opened a savings account with Bank of America and I opened a bank account with them.

The only thing they wanted to see was my passport, my NOA1 and my SSN.

ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Donnell said:

Bank of America should be ok with passport only. My friend came here on tourist visa and opens an account there with no problem. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Donnell said:

Bank of America should be ok with passport only. My friend came here on tourist visa and opens an account there with no problem. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.