3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ambasa73 said:

Atuegwu, thanks for the good work you are doing cheering everyone on :-)

Thanks a lot too @Ambasa73 this journey could be nerve wrecking and needs the encouragement of all who can give one else it could be depressing. All the same thanks and good luck. It shall all end in praise.

17 minutes ago, Ambasa73 said:

By the way, any filers from Missou?  St. Louis area?  What are you all doing while you wait for the paper work to go through?  The waiting can be a bit nerve wrecking...

At my end it gives me lots of time to search for related jobs, schools and credentials evaluation related to my field and make notes and bookmark where necessary but it is still taking a toll on me. Let's take it easy on ourselves. Thank goodness for the support and understanding of our spouse for now.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, IfoemaUS said:

Thanks! I definitely learned about waiting from the K1 process. My fiancé  (now hubby) wasn't here and that was very trying...thank God he's here now so it's just a matter of the EAD. Best wishes to everyone! 

Thanks too and thanks for your understanding, we shall make you all our spouses proud...:D

YAAAAAASSSSSS....check got cashed today!!!! :D

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Does anyone know if requesting a field office transfer would work? I will probably get assigned to the one in NYC. But it's very inconvenient to get to and is quite far behind the office in Albany. It's easier to get to and getting he actual GC shouldn't take as long either.

Also, is anyone with their NOA1 able to track their case online yet? I got mine a week ago but it's still not showing up online.

@Becci391

Awesome! Everyone always told you to be patient. I'd expect the NOA1 messages late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Edited by TL2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

Very happy for you - it sure took its time!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I mailed my AOS package on 3/11, it was delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 3/13. Now the waiting game starts...So happy and jealous at the same time for those who already received a text from USCIS!  

AOS Timeline ✿

3/11/2017 - AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-765) sent via USPS

3/13/2017 - AOS Package received by USCIS

3/20/2017 - Received 3 NOA1 texts & emails from USCIS

3/20/2017 - Status check available on USCIS website

3/25/2017 - Received 3 NOA1 (form I-797C) hardcopies in mail

3/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment letter (form I-797C) in mail

4/14/2017 - Biometrics appointment

8/11/2017 - EAD approved

8/15/2017 - EAD received

1/08/2018 - I-485 Interview

1/08/2018 - I-485 Approved

1/16/2018 - Green Card received

1/08/2020 - Green Card expires

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

Greaaattt! A very big congrats to you. The first panic is over. You will get your NOA1 texts and emails any moment from tonight. Good luck to us all

24 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

Does anyone know if requesting a field office transfer would work? I will probably get assigned to the one in NYC. But it's very inconvenient to get to and is quite far behind the office in Albany. It's easier to get to and getting he actual GC shouldn't take as long either.

Also, is anyone with their NOA1 able to track their case online yet? I got mine a week ago but it's still not showing up online.

@Becci391

Awesome! Everyone always told you to be patient. I'd expect the NOA1 messages late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Personally I do not know if that is possible but we keep researching to see if it is possible because the chat Emma at USCIS website isn't coming up with something clear about that.

On the tracking, I don't think the agency have updated our cases on their site so we keep checking in on them till it shows. Good luck.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SAK214 said:

I mailed my AOS package on 3/11, it was delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 3/13. Now the waiting game starts...So happy and jealous at the same time for those who already received a text from USCIS!  

Congrats for the first step. It is my fervent prayers that it will go through smoothly and most and of all that none of us in this match batch will get any RFE that will cause unnecessary delay in our cases. Good luck to all of us. Cheers!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

Greaaattt! A very big congrats to you. The first panic is over. You will get your NOA1 texts and emails any moment from tonight. Good luck to us all

Personally I do not know if that is possible but we keep researching to see if it is possible because the chat Emma at USCIS website isn't coming up with something clear about that.

On the tracking, I don't think the agency have updated our cases on their site so we keep checking in on them till it shows. Good luck.

I figured as much but I thought I'll ask anyway.

Also, try to make more use of the multi quote feature on the forums so you don't post 2-3 times in a row on every page. Just press the little + sign below people's posts and then quote all at once. 

28 minutes ago, SAK214 said:

You will hear from them soon.

It took almost 3 weeks before USCIS cashed the check.

Be partient. If you don't hear anything from USCIS by April 11th, call them and let them know that you've been waiting for 30 days now. They will tell you what you have to do.

ROC Timeline

Timeline
18 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

Congrats for the first step. It is my fervent prayers that it will go through smoothly and most and of all that none of us in this match batch will get any RFE that will cause unnecessary delay in our cases. Good luck to all of us. Cheers!!!

Thank you! I did not submit I-693, so I'm pretty sure I will receive an RFE for that...I did not want to wait to send the package until my medical exam is done, due to my F-1 visa expiring soon. But yes, good luck to all of us!! 

AOS Timeline ✿

8/11/2017 - EAD approved

8/15/2017 - EAD received

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

You will hear from them soon.

It took almost 3 weeks before USCIS cashed the check.

Be partient. If you don't hear anything from USCIS by April 11th, call them and let them know that you've been waiting for 30 days now. They will tell you what you have to do.

Thank you for your reply! Hopefully I will, soon...

This thread gives me a power to be patient, because at least I know I'm not alone.:)

Thank you for your advice! I hope I will never have to call them. I'll be patient and just wait for now.

AOS Timeline ✿

8/11/2017 - EAD approved

8/15/2017 - EAD received

4 minutes ago, SAK214 said:

Thank you for your reply! Hopefully I will, soon...

This thread gives me a power to be patient, because at least I know I'm not alone.:)

Thank you for your advice! I hope I will never have to call them. I'll be patient and just wait for now.

You're welcome. :)

If there is really a backlog you cannot do much about it but wait.

I know it is a pain in the ### but once you receive your NOA1 everything will fall off your shoulder.

ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I sent my AOS on Feb 24 and USCIS received it on Feb 26.. I haven't received any text/mail yet and the check hasn't been cashed either... I hope it will be processed soon.. good luck to everybody!!

Edited by Ariii

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.