3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

@Georgia16 Do you have a suggestion for me?

My appointment is on the 11th at the ASC in Atlanta. 

If you have a wallet where your phone can be in I'm sure you will be fine just make sure it is turned off and stuffed in there :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Becci391

Hi, I actually found reviews. They mention the phone part. See the last one of the page. Mollenne's review talks about it and it is not so old. :)

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=Atlanta GA&cnty=&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

I was specifically asked if I have a cellphone on me when I walked into the office. I didn't, and the answer was "good". If you can leave it with someone else for the time being or just leave in the car, do that instead.

@TL2016 for someone coming on Uber and maybe does not have the wherewithal to ask the Uber to wait as long as he or she stays at the ASC so as to leave the phone in the car, what happens? 

38 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

I have to take an Uber to get to the Service Center which means that I can't leave it in a car. And I don't have anyone who will be with me and wait for me outside of the building since I don't have friends or family here.

I have to take an Uber to get to the Service Center which means that I can't leave it in a car. I will be going there by myself so there won't be a friend waiting for me outside who I could give my purse or cell phone.

22 minutes ago, Soft said:

A friend did his Biometrics few weeks ago told me to have my weight and height checked b4 i go also eyes color lol don't know if it's like that at every centres i know what i weigh but years ago ive checked my height I might have grown shorter ,who knows  lol

@Soft the essence of asking you to know your height and weight is that the pre-biometrics form given to you to fill at the lounge have where you will have to fill out those information so get them handy before you go and no mistakes on the form cos where I had mine some had some mistakes on it and requested for another form but we're asked to just cross the mistake and write above it though after the biometrics you will be given the form back to go with with stamps to show you came for the biometrics. Good luck.

18 minutes ago, Soft said:

Better to leave the phone in the car then .... mine is 11th here in Albany ,can't wait to be done with it anyways

@Soft if you don't have anyone or car to leave the phone in and you travelled more than 30 mins or more to the biometrics appointment what happens? 

3 minutes ago, Jessleb said:

Hi Becci,

I tried to find reviews for you but I didn't find anything about the phone part it which makes me think it"s probably not so much of a big deal. I would bring it inside and just go with it. Either they ask you about it or not. If they do they will maybe ask you to put on silent, ask you to put it back in your car (then you can explain why you have it and ask them if they would keep it at the security check) or maybe they wont let you in at all. Then it might be an uncomfortable position but you can always look around if there is a store (that seems reliable) where you could leave it. ( I remember reading some people doing that for their interview at the consulate). I would definitely take the risk to bring my phone and not overthink it too much :) Good luck!!

@Jessleb I agree with you, like I said earlier they will just want you to be civil with it's use and use correct or proper phone ethics while there. And like @TL2016 said let them know you have it when asked. 

More so if you can get there about 30mins to 1 hour before your schedule it would be better so that you would be able to find out what is obtainable at your designated centre before your time or you can make arrangements with some offices nearby to drop your phone with them. Just be cool and calm. No panic and no issues. Nothing can stop us at this point I pray. Good luck to us all.

11 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

If you have a wallet where your phone can be in I'm sure you will be fine just make sure it is turned off and stuffed in there :)

I will definitely turn it off and leave it in my purse until I leave the building.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Timeline
1 minute ago, Becci391 said:

I will definitely turn it off and leave it in my purse until I leave the building.

They don't like bags or purse in ATL. At least not the day we were there. So if you have a wallet then you should only bring that and stuff the phone in there.

7 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

They don't like bags or purse in ATL. At least not the day we were there. So if you have a wallet then you should only bring that and stuff the phone in there.

At least my wallet is big enough so that my phone fits in. 

They also want to see the appointment letter and my passport (and my marriage certificate since the nsme in my passport is my maiden name).

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

Timeline
1 minute ago, Becci391 said:

At least my wallet is big enough so that my phone fits in. 

They also want to see the appointment letter and my passport (and my marriage certificate since my maiden name is still the name in my passport ).

I did not show marriage certificate :) (But I would bring it) but yes passport and appointment letter I did show.

1 minute ago, Georgia16 said:

I did not show marriage certificate :) (But I would bring it) but yes passport and appointment letter I did show.

I might wait for my Uber outside of the building after the appointment because I don't know if I can do much in the area where the Service Center is located.

ROC Timeline

Timeline
Just now, Becci391 said:

I might wait for my Uber outside of the building after the appointment because I don't know if I can do much in the area where the Service Center is located.

No stay there it's a bad area.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

@TL2016 for someone coming on Uber and maybe does not have the wherewithal to ask the Uber to wait as long as he or she stays at the ASC so as to leave the phone in the car, what happens? 

@Soft the essence of asking you to know your height and weight is that the pre-biometrics form given to you to fill at the lounge have where you will have to fill out those information so get them handy before you go and no mistakes on the form cos where I had mine some had some mistakes on it and requested for another form but we're asked to just cross the mistake and write above it though after the biometrics you will be given the form back to go with with stamps to show you came for the biometrics. Good luck.

@Soft if you don't have anyone or car to leave the phone in and you travelled more than 30 mins or more to the biometrics appointment what happens? 

@Jessleb I agree with you, like I said earlier they will just want you to be civil with it's use and use correct or proper phone ethics while there. And like @TL2016 said let them know you have it when asked. 

More so if you can get there about 30mins to 1 hour before your schedule it would be better so that you would be able to find out what is obtainable at your designated centre before your time or you can make arrangements with some offices nearby to drop your phone with them. Just be cool and calm. No panic and no issues. Nothing can stop us at this point I pray. Good luck to us all.

Ure right thou being civil with our phones is the key

14 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

No stay there it's a bad area.

That was my original plan. I will wait for my Uber in front of the building.

ROC Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
3 hours ago, emchappie said:

Okay, now I'm worried :( 

I'm sorry, didn't mean to get you worried but I figured it would be best to let you know that this sort of thing can happen. 

1 hour ago, Becci391 said:

@Georgia16 Do you have a suggestion for me?

My appointment is on the 11th at the ASC in Atlanta. 

From what I remember when I had mine done, in 2015, they asked me to leave my phone in the car. My sister-in-law took me so she stayed in the car and just waited for me to be done. I would tell them you came in using Uber (and will leave using Uber), so you have nowhere to put your phone. Let them help you decide what to do. It's not like they're just going to flat out prevent you from following through on your appointment because of the phone. 

1 hour ago, raini7 said:

It may be true coz they sent RFIE to me on 31st March. And today i got biometric appointment letter for i-485 and i-765 on April 20. But surprised nothing mentioned abt the AP. I had filed for ap also.

You don't do Biometrics for AP. :)

My kids received their Biometrics letters today. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

I was able to play Tetris on my phone and then read my Kindle when I had a different biometrics appointment (not AOS) last year.

Maybe the SF ASC don't care.

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Quick question about timelines. 

Did you guys use the date when you actually got the NOA's or did you use the date USCIS tells you online? I went by when I received my NOA's but maybe I should go by the date USCIS mentions online. That's like a week and a half earlier.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

Quick question about timelines. 

Did you guys use the date when you actually got the NOA's or did you use the date USCIS tells you online? I went by when I received my NOA's but maybe I should go by the date USCIS mentions online. That's like a week and a half earlier.

I was gonna ask the same question. I think we should go by the date uscis notifies us that they received our application and started working on it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.