3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

I'm not sure if it's correct that a RFE/RFIE for an AOS application doesn't affect an EAD application. I was just told that it doesn't affect the application...not sure if that's right.

@Becci391 okay. Thanks. I pray and hope it is true.

42 minutes ago, PinkCandy said:

Hi @atuegwu actually, you reminded me that I do not have to look further when it comes to staying positive and patient.  I almost forgot.....my husband's fair share of AOS timeline difficult challenge.

He adjusted status through his parent's petition so he already had an approved I-130.

When lawyer submitted his AOS application, it was rejected 3 times first before USCIS finally accepted it.

After he received his EAD card, a backlog on his category happened.

Fortunately, his interview was still scheduled during the backlog but his lawyer clearly advised that movement after the interview will not happen until priority date becomes current again. 

On the day of interview, there was an ice storm in our city.

Interview had to be rescheduled and he got it 2 months after.

After months and months of delay, backlog ended and he received good news -- green card is finally in production! 

His total AOS waiting time since the very first day lawyer submitted the application until he saw his elusive green card -----> 1 year and 3 months :o

He didn't know about forums before so all he had was updates from the lawyer.

Anyway, I guess we're luckier than him in the sense that we have this community right now where we have each other to share, worry, rant and later on celebrate with.
Cheers to everyone and best of luck! 

@PinkCandy thanks and I pray this will all end in praise.

27 minutes ago, emchappie said:

Okay, now I'm worried :( 

@emchappie please don't be, relax and remain positive.good luck.

12 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

Some say it does, some say it doesn't. Even the USCIS hotline doesn't give the same answer. I think each case is just different. Some are lucky and it doesn't affect it and some aren't. 

@Californiansunset thanks and I pray we all belong to the it doesn't affect category. Good luck all

4 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

I have my Biometrics appointment next Tuesday. It's written in the letter that I'm not allowed to take a phone with me. My problemis that I have to use Uber to get to the Service Center and back to my apartment. What am I going to do with my phone? I can't leave it at home...

@Becci391 when and where I had mine last week you can go with your phone but be civil with it and put it on silent mode till you get out of the place, don't use it to take pictures there and you will be fine. They know you can't just leave your phone at home at this age and time because of biometrics, just advice yourself on its use and you will be fine. Good luck my friend.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Received the 4 texts messages/emails NOA today around midnight. Our package was received 03/28

So relieved and excited :D !!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bast' said:

Received the 4 texts messages/emails NOA today around midnight. Our package was received 03/28

So relieved and excited :D !!!!!

@Bast' Wow!! Congratulations. I am very happy for you, you case shall go smoothly. Thanks for the update. It encourages most of us. Good luck 

8 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

@Becci391 okay. Thanks. I pray and hope it is true.

@PinkCandy thanks and I pray this will all end in praise.

@emchappie please don't be, relax and remain positive.good luck.

@Californiansunset thanks and I pray we all belong to the it doesn't affect category. Good luck all

@Becci391 when and where I had mine last week you can go with your phone but be civil with it and put it on silent mode till you get out of the place, don't use it to take pictures there and you will be fine. They know you can't just leave your phone at home at this age and time because of biometrics, just advice yourself on its use and you will be fine. Good luck my friend.

I'll have mine in Atlanta on the 11th.

Well, my phone is always on silent mood and is, when I'm not at home, in my purse. I think I should be fine.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

Well, my phone is always on silent mood and is, when I'm not at home, in my purse. I think I should be fine.

If I remember correctly the Oakland, CA office had lockers... It's been a while since I did my biometrics for F-1, so it may no longer be accurate. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

They will ask you if you have a phone.  If you lie to them and just leave it in your purse, you're going to have a problem, because just after it, you go through a scanner for your body and your purse/belongings.  So, if you don't tell them that you have a phone when they ask you at the door, and the scanner catches that phone...well, let's say I don't want to be in your shoes when they stop you.

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

I was specifically asked if I have a cellphone on me when I walked into the office. I didn't, and the answer was "good". If you can leave it with someone else for the time being or just leave in the car, do that instead.

6 minutes ago, Denis & San said:

They will ask you if you have a phone.  If you lie to them and just leave it in your purse, you're going to have a problem, because just after it, you go through a scanner for your body and your purse/belongings.  So, if you don't tell them that you have a phone when they ask you at the door, and the scanner catches that phone...well, let's say I don't want to be in your shoes when they stop you.

I have to take an Uber to get to the Service Center which means that I can't leave it in a car. And I don't have anyone who will be with me and wait for me outside of the building since I don't have friends or family here.

6 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

I was specifically asked if I have a cellphone on me when I walked into the office. I didn't, and the answer was "good". If you can leave it with someone else for the time being or just leave in the car, do that instead.

I have to take an Uber to get to the Service Center which means that I can't leave it in a car. I will be going there by myself so there won't be a friend waiting for me outside who I could give my purse or cell phone.

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

A friend did his Biometrics few weeks ago told me to have my weight and height checked b4 i go also eyes color lol don't know if it's like that at every centres i know what i weigh but years ago ive checked my height I might have grown shorter ,who knows  lol

53 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

I have my Biometrics appointment next Tuesday. It's written in the letter that I'm not allowed to take a phone with me. My problemis that I have to use Uber to get to the Service Center and back to my apartment. What am I going to do with my phone? I can't leave it at home...

They didn't ask me if I had a phone or not. I went last week and was done in 10mins but all ASCs are different

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

Better to leave the phone in the car then .... mine is 11th here in Albany ,can't wait to be done with it anyways

I can't leave it in a car because I have to take Uber to get to the ACS and back to my apartment. My husband can't come with me because he won't get half a day off. I haven't found friends here yet so I have no one who I could give my purse or phone.

ROC Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

I can't leave it in a car because I have to take Uber to get to the ACS and back to my apartment. My husband can't come with me because he won't get half a day off. I haven't found friends here yet so I have no one who I could give my purse or phone.

Hi Becci,

I tried to find reviews for you but I didn't find anything about the phone part it which makes me think it"s probably not so much of a big deal. I would bring it inside and just go with it. Either they ask you about it or not. If they do they will maybe ask you to put on silent, ask you to put it back in your car (then you can explain why you have it and ask them if they would keep it at the security check) or maybe they wont let you in at all. Then it might be an uncomfortable position but you can always look around if there is a store (that seems reliable) where you could leave it. ( I remember reading some people doing that for their interview at the consulate). I would definitely take the risk to bring my phone and not overthink it too much :) Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Becci391 said:

I'm not sure if it's correct that a RFE/RFIE for an AOS application doesn't affect an EAD application. I was just told that it doesn't affect the application...not sure if that's right.

It may be true coz they sent RFIE to me on 31st March. And today i got biometric appointment letter for i-485 and i-765 on April 20. But surprised nothing mentioned abt the AP. I had filed for ap also.

14 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

@Georgia16 Do you have a suggestion for me?

My appointment is on the 11th at the ASC in Atlanta. 

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.