3,975 posts in this topic

Congratulations to everyone who got updates on their cases!!! For those who are still waiting on something, hang in there!! :) 

My checks got cashed yesterday, I can honestly say I've never been this happy to see that much money be taken out of my account. :)

Is having your checks cashed a positive thing? Or does that still mean there is a high chance of a long waight for a NOA, or getting a RFIE?

I'm still really new to this entire process, and feel like I know barely anything about how the system works. 

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
33 minutes ago, emchappie said:

Congratulations to everyone who got updates on their cases!!! For those who are still waiting on something, hang in there!! :) 

My checks got cashed yesterday, I can honestly say I've never been this happy to see that much money be taken out of my account. :)

Is having your checks cashed a positive thing? Or does that still mean there is a high chance of a long waight for a NOA, or getting a RFIE?

I'm still really new to this entire process, and feel like I know barely anything about how the system works. 

Getting your NOA soon

Timeline
1 hour ago, EmilyUK said:

Just checked online, and our check is now showing as pending!!! (Cashed but not cleared) Hope that this means we will be getting a text / email soon!!!

Yessss that's some good news 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all ! I am new to this but I like reading other's people timeline. Figured I would share ours.

k1 visa: early december

POE: end of January 

Married to a lovely man on March 10th

Sent the packet on march 24th/received on the 27th.

The check was cashed today :) I hope we'll have the text/email tonight or tomorrow. :D 

From Québec to Buffalo :) Good luck to everyone, and stay positive ! :D

1 hour ago, Soft said:

Getting your NOA soon

Thanks! I wasn't sure if cashing checks meant anything in terms of the process, or whether I am still at risk of a long wait for a NOA/getting an RFIE

AOS Journey

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

8 minutes ago, Jessleb said:

Hi all ! I am new to this but I like reading other's people timeline. Figured I would share ours.

The check was cashed today :) I hope we'll have the text/email tonight or tomorrow. :D 

Welcome to the forum! :) 

We have the exact same timeline! and the same anniversary!!! :) 

AOS Journey

Timeline
6 minutes ago, emchappie said:

Thanks! I wasn't sure if cashing checks meant anything in terms of the process, or whether I am still at risk of a long wait for a NOA/getting an RFIE

It means ur file is being worked on just stay positive and hope for the best ,all we can wish ourselves is Good luck , be expecting your NOA

Edited by Soft

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
5 hours ago, Abhi138 said:

Is your case also related to having more than one A-number. My lawyer said it really shouldn't be an issue as they merge both numbers into a file and the A-number what you receive during AOS is the real Alien Number which will be printed on your GC. 

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I'll still go to the infopass just to make sure and possibly address the RFIE :(

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Apfel said:

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I'll still go to the infopass just to make sure and possibly address the RFIE :(

Let me know how it goes

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, ddddgggg.visa said:

Greeting to all,

I filed my AOS (along with EAD and AP) on 03/10 and  USCIS accepted it on 03/20.  I received 3 NOA letters a week later (03/26 )in mail. 

I was wondering about biometrics.

• Do they update it in USCIS case tracking page?
  • Also is there a rough estimate of how long will it take to get this appointment letter after AOS has been accepted?

Thank you all in advance.

@ddddgggg.visa congrats on your progress so far. You will get your biometrics appointment letter between 3-10days from your NOA1 possibly and your biometrics appointment does not show on the myCase tracker status. Good luck.

6 hours ago, Apfel said:

I got a notification that I have an RFIE for our I-485. I'm not sure what it could be :( probably his foreign birth certificate. Iran hoesnt have birth certificates, so we have his national ID and translation. It has all the same info as a birth cert though (parents names, DOB, city of birth) and government stamps. Sigh... i hope this doesn't delay his EAD renewal

@Apfel I hope it doesn't delay your EAD but all depends on how fast you receive as well as respond to the RFIE, fingers crossed for you. I believe it will be an easy fix. Good luck and be strong and positive.

5 hours ago, RenoZiv said:

Late to joining this form! Filed on march 15th and have not received NOA1 now I think I know why!! Oh !!! Now I need to go home and check to see if the forms we sent are expired!!! Hopefully we are good at they are late with the NOA1 but sadly I don't think so!!!

@RenoZiv it is sad having to wait longer than anticipated without hearing anything about your case but I sincerely urge you to be positive and wait for response from them because all you have now are pieces of speculations. Good luck.

4 hours ago, rose michigan said:

My online status is: on March 31 we sent a RFIE..  And still didn't get anything in the mail,  am nervous now

@rose michigan I can imagine how desperate and anxious you are now, be strong and positive my dear, I believe and pray it will be an easy fix so as not delay your EAD unnecessarily. Good luck.

3 hours ago, EmilyUK said:

Just checked online, and our check is now showing as pending!!! (Cashed but not cleared) Hope that this means we will be getting a text / email soon!!!

@EmilyUK sure it is a positive update. Have faith and be positive you sure will get notifications this week. It shows your case have been received, accepted and preliminary analysis on going on it as @Soft said. Good luck.

2 hours ago, emchappie said:

@emchappie congratulations and sure it is a great sign that your case was received and being attended to. Stay positive and strong. The only time one is happy about money being withdrawn from your account is when it comes from USCIS...Lol.

49 minutes ago, Jessleb said:

@Jessleb congratulations so far and welcome on board. To will get notifications between tonight and weekend at most. Good luck through this endless journey...Lol.

4 minutes ago, Apfel said:

@Apfel good luck and stay positive. Cheers!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I have a question please help me.My dad is my co sponsor he been citizen for 9 years.He removed his middle name on the citizenship but her paystubs and W2 are still having the middle name.I already fill the I864 I am sending it out tomorrow.Should I include the middle name on the I864 form or should I use the name he had on his citizenship?

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Darren 1 said:

I have a question please help me.My dad is my co sponsor he been citizen for 9 years.He removed his middle name on the citizenship but her paystubs and W2 are still having the middle name.I already fill the I864 I am sending it out tomorrow.Should I include the middle name on the I864 form or should I use the name he had on his citizenship?

I do not think it matters because two names are always acceptable. I got one of my correspondence from USCIS with only two of my name's (first and last) omitting my middle name and others with my three names. You can send in your application. Good luck and please double-check before you send. Cheers!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

I do not think it matters because two names are always acceptable. I got one of my correspondence from USCIS with only two of my name's (first and last) omitting my middle name and others with my three names. You can send in your application. Good luck and please double-check before you send. Cheers!!

Ok thank you so much for your answer I appreciate that God bless you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.