3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our checks have been encashed today! No email notifications yet but not sure about text confirmations since my husband is at work today. But I am happy that they are looking into our papers! I am really glad I found this site! Reading all posts here made me not to worry and stress myself too much but to just wait. :) Good luck to all and God bless! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Small update on our end. Papers were delivered to PO box and were available for pickup on 25th. Today (27th) it was picked up and signed for by MERCADO.

IMO Spending $23 on USPS Express with signature and tracking is worth every penny for cases like this.

Edited by vosovski

3/24/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP mailed to Chicago, IL PO box

3/25/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP delivered to Chicago, IL PO box

3/27/2017 : AOS, EAD, AP picked up from Chicago, IL PO box

4/5/2017 : Received 3 NOA text messages

4/10/2017 : Received 3 NOA letters in mail. Notice date April 4 2017; Received date 3/27/2017

4/14/2017 : Received letter in mail for biometrics appointment. Scheduled on April 24th

4/24/2017 : Biometrics completed in 30 minutes, no problemo.

5/11/2017 : Status for AOS updated, RFIE

5/15/2017 : Received RFIE letter. I-864 does not meet requirements

5/16/2017 : RFIE Response sent with co-sponsor's I-864 as well as copy of DS-3025

5/17/2017 : RFIE Response delivered and signed for

5/19/2017 : Status for AOS updated, RFIE response received

6/12/2017 : Filed online service request for I-765 (EAD)

6/14/2017 : Received response to I-765 (EAD) online service request. Case within processing time

7/10/2017 : Filed second online service request for I-765 (EAD)

7/18:2017 : Received response to second I-765 (EAD) online service request. Case is under review and decision or notice will be sent soon.

8/2/2017 : 75 days since USCIS received RFIE response. 

8/22/2017 : Interview for AOS is scheduled on September 27th, Portland OR office

9/1/2017 : EAD case status changed to new EAD card is being produced

9/6/2017 : AP case status changed to "Case was approved"

9/6/2017 : EAD case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

9/9/2017 : EAD/AP combo card received in mail

9/27/2017 : AOS Interview: Approved

9/28/2017 : AOS case status changed to "New card is being produced"

10/2/2017 : AOS NOA Approval letter received in mail. Approval date 9/28/2017

10/4/2017 : Green Card mailed via USPS Priority Mail (info from USPS Informed Delivery)

10/6/2017 : Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Becci391 said:

You have to wait 30 days until they can help you. Don't sent out a new application now. If USCIS tellsyou to send a new one for whatever reason then you send a new application but not now.

Did USCIS receive your application? 

It was delivered on March 3rd. I think they received it. But who knows..............CRY OUT LOUD.....

Timeline
2 hours ago, DorothyLa said:

i think you can call USCIS after 30 days. 

EDIT: people don't recommend sending a new application, it causes complications and they might cancel your both applications. 

OMG. It is horrible......I can do nothing except wait....so helpless......Thanks!!!

Edited by Maizy

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Maizy said:

Its been 24 days, I havent got any receipt....Should I send them a new application??? :(

It is unfortunate you haven't heard from USCIS after more than three weeks but you still have to give it the 30-day mark before you take any other action. More so please do not send in another application unless requested by them. It could be termed double-filling which I think they won't take lightly. I can imagine how frustrating this could be. Please be patient, calm and positive. Good luck.

1 hour ago, britontherun said:

Good morning..  I sent in the Application for my wife's marriage Green Card on March 17 along with related papework

Hoping to hear something back this week maybe?

Congratulations on that and best of luck.

33 minutes ago, IMPC said:

Our checks have been encashed today! No email notifications yet but not sure about text confirmations since my husband is at work today. But I am happy that they are looking into our papers! I am really glad I found this site! Reading all posts here made me not to worry and stress myself too much but to just wait. :) Good luck to all and God bless! :)

Wow!! Congratulations and I feel you may get your NOA1 texts messages and emails tonight. Good luck.God bless you too.

14 minutes ago, vosovski said:

Small update on our end. Papers were delivered to PO box and were available for pickup on 25th. Today (27th) it was picked up and signed for by MERCADO.

IMO Spending $23 on USPS Express with signature and tracking is worth every penny for cases like this.

Congratulations on the update and good luck as your application progresses.

Timeline
1 minute ago, atuegwu said:

It is unfortunate you haven't heard from USCIS after more than three weeks but you still have to give it the 30-day mark before you take any other action. More so please do not send in another application unless requested by them. It could be termed double-filling which I think they won't take lightly. I can imagine how frustrating this could be. Please be patient, calm and positive. Good luck.

Thank you. I just wish someone could speak with me, answer the phone or reply my email....... What can go wrong....I guess I have to wait then......Thanksssssssssssss

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone just an update. 

My husband packet was sent on the 7th received on the 8th. Checks cashed on the 15th and I received the receipt in the mail on 23rd. So things are moving along. Good luck everyone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

No news on our end yet. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since they received our package. 

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Maizy said:

Hi Did they text/email you that you will be receiving your returned package when they sent it back to you? Good luck on everything. 

Nope. Unfortunately I didn't get any notification. I really wish they would, I guess I'd be prepared for it rather then being worried that I haven't heard anything from them. Plus, I don't check my mailbox that often, so if I'd stick to my once month to pick up my bills (not a great habit, don't do that kids!) I wouldn't know until a week or two from now. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Quick question: what's the email address they send notifications from? I'm trying to look through my spam folder to double check if I received anything. 

11 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

Quick question: what's the email address they send notifications from? I'm trying to look through my spam folder to double check if I received anything. 

Do_Not_Reply_Lockbox@dhs.gov

03/14/2017 AOS package arrived (I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131)

03/23/2017 1st NOAs received (text and emails for all 4 forms)

03/23/2017 check cashed 

03/27/2017 1st NOAs received in mail

04/22/2017 biometric letter 

05/03/2017 biometric appointment 

05/09/2017 case is ready to be scheduled for interview 

07/03/2017 EAD card is being produced 

07/07/2017 EAD card is mailed to me

04/03/2018 Filed for EAD renewal 

06/15/2018 AOS interview was scheduled 

06/21/2018 received interview letter 

07/23/2018 interview

07/24/2018 case approved 

07/28/2018 card in hand 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

Do_Not_Reply_Lockbox@dhs.com

And subject ll be "USCIS Acceptence Confirmation"

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Stella0806 said:

Hi everyone just an update. 

My husband packet was sent on the 7th received on the 8th. Checks cashed on the 15th and I received the receipt in the mail on 23rd. So things are moving along. Good luck everyone.

congratulations on your progress so far. good luck on this journey.

39 minutes ago, SparklePony said:

No news on our end yet. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since they received our package. 

it is so unfortunate at this news, please still keep it positive and motivated, you've been lots of inspiration and encouragement to many on this seemingly endless journey. they will sure get back to you soonest. good luck

3 minutes ago, raini7 said:

Got my NOA1 in mail today after 5 days of email notification :)

congratulation and Goodluck so far.

20 hours ago, Becci391 said:

You need a certified marriage certificate.

Becci, are you positive that's the case?

"When submitting marriage certificates, birth certificates and such, do I have to submit originals?

Unless specifically required that an original document be filed with an application or petition, a legible photocopy may be submitted. Original documents submitted when not required may remain a part of the record and will not be automatically returned to you.

In order to get your original documents back, you can file a Form G-884 and follow those filing instructions."

https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/article/when-submitting-marriage-certificates-birth-certificates-and-such-do-i-have-to-submit-originals

Additionally, on the I-485 instructions, it says you only need a copy of your marriage certificate: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

I would include the direct quote, as above, but I can't copy from PDFs, for some reason.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-application-online-e-filing/how-do-i-know-if-i-need-original-documents

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-application-online-e-filing/submitting-supporting-documentation

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-application-online-e-filing/how-do-i-know-if-i-need-original-documents

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.