3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Our interview is tomorrow, I'm organizing and printing additional evidence and am so excited! Any last minute advice, things to not forget to bring etc?

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Question!  We got our interview notice this week (yay!) and  we are scheduled for our interview in a month.  It says that we have to bring:

-completed medical examination form I-693  (unless already submitted)

-completed affidavit of support form I-864 with all required evidence, including the follow for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted):

• Federal income tax returns and W-2s, or certified IRS printouts for the most recent tax year
  • letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the past 2 months
  • evidence of sponsor's US citizenship

I submitted both of these with our application that was received on March 20, 2017 (no RFEs) with the applicable supporting docs as per the instructions (save the letters from my husband's employer as they were not listed as required then).  Since it's been nearly a year I'm concerned about whether what we submitted in March is sufficient (medical exam form was done on March 16, 2017), we did the affidavit with my husband's 2015 tax docs since he hadn't done taxes for 2016 yet when we applied.  Should we re-compile everything/ do I need to get my medical exam form completed again?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kooky said:

Question!  We got our interview notice this week (yay!) and  we are scheduled for our interview in a month.  It says that we have to bring:

-completed medical examination form I-693  (unless already submitted)

-completed affidavit of support form I-864 with all required evidence, including the follow for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted):

• Federal income tax returns and W-2s, or certified IRS printouts for the most recent tax year
  • letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the past 2 months
  • evidence of sponsor's US citizenship

I submitted both of these with our application that was received on March 20, 2017 (no RFEs) with the applicable supporting docs as per the instructions (save the letters from my husband's employer as they were not listed as required then).  Since it's been nearly a year I'm concerned about whether what we submitted in March is sufficient (medical exam form was done on March 16, 2017), we did the affidavit with my husband's 2015 tax docs since he hadn't done taxes for 2016 yet when we applied.  Should we re-compile everything/ do I need to get my medical exam form completed again?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I have been thinking about the medical exam recently as I hope to get an interview letter soon - I submitted the exam when the previous version was being accepted (the previous version did not include the ghonorrea results but the USCIS website claimed to still accept that version of the  exam during the time I filed. Recently I have been reading a lot of people getting a RFE during the interview for not having the ghnorrea test included. I am thinking about doing another test and having it ready just in case. I know it is another expense but hope you have insurance, drastically lowers the cost. At this point it is not worth having to run around for it after the interview. If you submitted the correct version and that was completed by the doctor in march 2017, you should technically be fine if your interview is next month.

As far a s your I-864, I would just take check stubs for the past year. My employer uses ADP so I am able to login online and get a detailed copy for each check. Maybe you'll get your W2 soon and file as soon as possible. That would be ideal I believe. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

What about this goverment shutdown? Will this effect to immigration?

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Timeline
2 hours ago, raulgon2493 said:

I have been thinking about the medical exam recently as I hope to get an interview letter soon - I submitted the exam when the previous version was being accepted (the previous version did not include the ghonorrea results but the USCIS website claimed to still accept that version of the  exam during the time I filed. Recently I have been reading a lot of people getting a RFE during the interview for not having the ghnorrea test included. I am thinking about doing another test and having it ready just in case. I know it is another expense but hope you have insurance, drastically lowers the cost. At this point it is not worth having to run around for it after the interview. If you submitted the correct version and that was completed by the doctor in march 2017, you should technically be fine if your interview is next month.

As far a s your I-864, I would just take check stubs for the past year. My employer uses ADP so I am able to login online and get a detailed copy for each check. Maybe you'll get your W2 soon and file as soon as possible. That would be ideal I believe. 

So the form that was filled out by the civil surgeon was the one that "expires on 03/31/2017," but the doctor ran the Gonnorrhea test and included it with this form.  Did anyone else have their doctor do that and have it not be an issue?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kooky said:

So the form that was filled out by the civil surgeon was the one that "expires on 03/31/2017," but the doctor ran the Gonnorrhea test and included it with this form.  Did anyone else have their doctor do that and have it not be an issue?

I do not believe the sergeon included the test :( but I am certain they will ask for it. I will just have to be prepared. 

Timeline

Sorry let me clarify--did anyone who used the March 2017 form get an RFE after interview if they had used the old form but the doctor included the gonorrhea test?  This isn't something new, it was required since August of 2016 that the test results be included.  The new form just has it as a separate box now.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/civil-surgeons-how-report-gonorrhea-screening-results-form-i-693

Timeline
50 minutes ago, DorothyLa said:

http://newamericanscampaign.org/happens-uscis-government-shutdown/

Details in the link but to answer your question - During the last government shutdown in 2013, the impact for most customers of USCIS was minimal. Naturalization interviews, citizenship ceremonies and most of the other day-to-day work of the agency continued as normal. That is because USCIS is a fee-based agency. Its funding is not dependent on annual appropriations from Congress.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Timeline from NYC:

Filed on 3/12/2017, biometrics in April, EAD card since May, case ready to be scheduled since June and just saw on uscis.goc that my interview is scheduled for 2/21/2018.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tommi F said:

Timeline from NYC:

Filed on 3/12/2017, biometrics in April, EAD card since May, case ready to be scheduled since June and just saw on uscis.goc that my interview is scheduled for 2/21/2018.

You are giving me hope! We have pretty similar timelines (we filed on 3/26) and have been waiting to be schedule since late June. Just checked and no updates for me, but hopefully soon! Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
24 minutes ago, umabanana said:

You are giving me hope! We have pretty similar timelines (we filed on 3/26) and have been waiting to be schedule since late June. Just checked and no updates for me, but hopefully soon! Congrats!

Same for me too. Filed in 3/28 and waiting for the interview to be scheduled since June 2017 in NYC.

Hopefully, it's coming soon in the next 2 months!!

Edited by Bast'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
11 minutes ago, riah_b said:

Hey guys! Finally an update :) We filed 3/21 in NYC. Just got our interview notice for 2/26 on my birthday!! Best of luck to everyone

Congrats!! Great to hear.

Timeline

It is great to hear interview notice letters are coming in! :D Best of luck to everyone!

Also, what are you all doing to prepare for the interview? Taking additional proof?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, DorothyLa said:

No

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.