3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I just got my interview appointment yesterday, will be on December 14. My filling date was March 10! :D :D New Orleans office! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 11/4/2017 at 10:25 AM, Dini90 said:

I just got my interview appointment yesterday, will be on December 14. My filling date was March 10! :D :D New Orleans office! 

Congratulations!

i am still waiting

filed March 17.

RFE May 5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Goodluckeveryone said:

Does anyone here has any experience with the change of address?? Does that delay the process?

I changed address too, but i dont know if it affects the process. I remember when we filed for K1, we also changed address but it didnt affect my timeline 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

We changed addresses in the midst of of the K2 AOS and there were no issues at all.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, sheenita said:

I changed address too, but i dont know if it affects the process. I remember when we filed for K1, we also changed address but it didnt affect my timeline 

13 minutes ago, SparklePony said:

We changed addresses in the midst of of the K2 AOS and there were no issues at all.

Well then lets just hope for the best

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

We had our infopass appointment today and it was really good news! The officer told me I worry too much (very true) and that Iranians are not taking longer than anyone else. He said our case is just waiting to be scheduled for an interview and there is a large backlog due to many applications recently. Our status has been on RFIE received since April and we have called and put a service request online, but neither time did they tell us any of this information.

We also asked about traveling internationally and what would happen if our interview is scheduled for a time we are gone. He said we can request a new interview if that happens. We have an international trip scheduled for January, I know others wouldn't risk it, but he has AP and the travel ban says people who already have re-entry visas are OK. We are willing to take the risk, I haven't heard of any Iranian spouse with advance parole being denied entry, but we will have attorney contact information in case there is an issue.

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Timeline
6 hours ago, Apfel said:

We had our infopass appointment today and it was really good news! The officer told me I worry too much (very true) and that Iranians are not taking longer than anyone else. He said our case is just waiting to be scheduled for an interview and there is a large backlog due to many applications recently. Our status has been on RFIE received since April and we have called and put a service request online, but neither time did they tell us any of this information.

We also asked about traveling internationally and what would happen if our interview is scheduled for a time we are gone. He said we can request a new interview if that happens. We have an international trip scheduled for January, I know others wouldn't risk it, but he has AP and the travel ban says people who already have re-entry visas are OK. We are willing to take the risk, I haven't heard of any Iranian spouse with advance parole being denied entry, but we will have attorney contact information in case there is an issue.

Thanks for the update. But if I were you, I would not consider their answers at face value. USCIS is known to give contradictory and often times, false answers to confuse applicants. In the past I have been given 4-5 different answers for one question.

My best wishes for you.

Edited by Shushulsan

Day -1540 (01-07-2013) I-130 Sent (Under F2A because spouse was LPR).

Day -1327 (08-08-2013) I-130 Approved.

Day +0000 (03-27-2017) I-485 Sent. (Under IR-8 because spouse has naturalized).

Day +0002 (03-29-2017) I-485 Received.

Day +0009 (04/05/2017) Check Cashed.

Day +0009 (04/05/2017) I-485 Online Status (Fingerprint Fee Accepted).

Day +0009 (04/05/2017) I-485 Text/Email Notification Received.

Day +0014 (04/10/2017) I-485 Notice of Action Received.

Day +0018 (04/14/2017) Fingerprint Appointment Notice Received.

Day +0028 (04/24/2017) Biometric Done.

Day +0072 (06/07/2017) Ready to Schedule for Appointment.

Day +0095 (06/30/2017) EAD Card Being Produced.

Day +0098 (07/03/2017) EAD Case Was Approved.

Day +0101 (07/06/2017) EAD Card Was Mailed.

Day +0102 (07/07/2017) EAD Received.

Day +0207 (10/20/2017) SR Filed for 6+ Months.

Day +0246 (11/28/2017) Sent Letter to congressional representative.

Day +0267 (12/19/2017) Interview Letter Issued

Day +0274 (12/26/2017) Interview Letter Received

Day +0303 (01/24/2017) Interview Day

Day +0305 (01/26/2017) Green Card Was Mailed

Day +0308 (01/29/2017) I-485 Approval Notice of Action Received

Day +0309 (01/30/2017) Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just wanted to let you guys know that we had our AOS interview yesterday at the San Fernando Valley office here in Los Angeles CA.  We arrived 20 min. early to our appt. My wife and daughter were asked for their Employment authorization card to match the interview appointment notice and then we were given a number to be called for the interview.  We were called in by a woman immigration officer about 15 min later.  She did ask my wife if she understood English.  If not, she would see if there is an officer there that could translate Vietnamese, or see if there's anyone in the waiting room that could translate.  Otherwise, we'd need to reschedule.  My wife said that she understood as long as she was speaking slowly.

After sitting down in her office, she took pictures of my wife and our stepdaughter with her webcam.  She asked for our ids..driver licenses.  She then asked if we had originals of the birth certificates, passport, marriage certificate, divorce decrees and of my naturalization certificate.  ( I am a US Naturalized citizen).  I totally forgot about bringing my naturalization certificate and didn't think about bringing it with me since I'm the US citizen and brought my US passport with me.  She asked why didn't I bring it?  I just answered that I totally forgot about it.  She didn't say anything at that point.  I thought for sure she was going to reschedule the interview for missing that.  Anyways, she didn't and went on and inspected the original documents.  She basically compared the originals to the copies I had submitted with the AOS packet.  It was all in front of her and she would mark in red little notes to the copies in the packet.  She was curious as to why the date of my first divorce was different from the original I had.  I told her I wasn't sure.  It was still in the same month, but different date. She asked if she could keep the original and I said sure..keep whatever you want (didn't want to make thing difficult as it was).  

She also asked for the social security numbers of my wife and step-daughter and wrote them down on the application.  

Then she started asking questions to my wife about how she met me, how many times did I visit her, who the father of the child is and where he lived.  She then pointed to me and asked who I was and my birthdate.  Asked her if she's ever been to the US before.  While asking the questions, she was writing our answers on a piece of paper.  She then went over the packet and started asking her questions about the criminal section of the application such as had she ever been arrested, was she ever part of the Communist party etc...  On a few questions, my wife didn't quite understand so I had to tell her in English the meaning of it.  Like she asked if she was ever arrested...she didn't understand the word arrested, so I asked her in English, "Have you ever gone to jail?", and she said no.  The immigration officer was sort of smiling.  She did ask her one more time if she needed a translator and my wife said maybe.  I told her are you sure? (I didn't want a translator cause I didn't think we'd find one and we'd have to reschedule).  So my wife said..just speak slowly.  Finally she turned to our daughter and she asked her who's this? (pointing at me). And my daughter answered "Daddy".  My wife said step-daddy (NOOOO!!) but then the immigration officer said that it was ok...it was good for her to call me daddy (which she does at home).  So I think that sealed it for us.

She also looked at my tax transcripts and asked if I had the full form of tax year 2016.  I said no..I only brought my tax transcripts.  She said the reason is because on the tax transcript, it showed 4 lines of dependents even though there were no names and social security numbers there.  I told her no, it was only me and sometimes my daughter who I get to claim every other year.  She looked at it again but didn't say anything else.  Probably because I make good money and that even if there were 10 dependents, I'd still qualify to be a financial support for the application.  

She then asked if we had any other proof of our relationship... So I handed to her our joint bank account statements (she asked for our bank cards...I handed her mine but my wife didn't bring hers), life insurance showing being a beneficiary, my company health insurance summary showing them as dependents, join lease agreement with both of names on it, and pictures since she's been in the US.  She looked at them and pointed out one picture of us attending a high school graduation and she asked who that was in the picture with us.  My wife answered that it was my daughter (from a previous marriage).  

At this point, she then said, based on what she sees, there is no reason why my wife and daughter wouldn't be able to get a green card.  She said she would approve my daughter on the spot but then it would take 2 days to run another background check on my wife to make sure nothing has come up since the filling of the application.  And then after that, they would be getting their green card in about 2-3 weeks.  She did gave us a tip that for the removal of conditions (which is for the 10 year green card) that if we submitted every month of the joint bank statements since getting her 2 year green card, that there would likely be no interview when we applied for the 10 year green card.  Basically submit everything that we can to bypass the interview. I think I put everything that I can remember of what happened at the interview. Probably forgot some minor details.

I apologize for the detailed summary of our interview, but all in all, it took about 30 minutes for the interview.  To sum it up, bring all the originals of any documents you have...birth certificates, divorce decree, marriage certificate, naturalization certificate (if you became a US citizen via naturalization) and passports. Make sure you bring the actual Tax forms that were submitted to the IRS and not the tax transcripts that was sent with the AOS package in case they have any questions because it's much more detailed than the transcripts.  

Apart from that, it was nerve wrecking especially since we didn't have a couple of documents that she was asking about but it was a good experience as she was very nice with our daughter afterwards and joking with her.

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

10 hours ago, Apfel said:

I'm also traveling at the end of December and trying not to worry too much. I had the same concern of having our interview scheduled while we will be away but I don't think it's likely in my case since we are April filers (sent our package end of March and it was received in April, which is why I followed both threads :D ) . I was hoping to ask is there some kind of form where you provide attorney contact information or is just in case they ask for it and you provide it? Thanks in advance and good luck :) Hopefully all of us waiting will receive positive news by end of January. :)  Also, I see you reside in California, is your local office in the bay area? SF is moving pretty slow. :(

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

Timeline
2 hours ago, strider4 said:

I'm also traveling at the end of December and trying not to worry too much. I had the same concern of having our interview scheduled while we will be away but I don't think it's likely in my case since we are April filers (sent our package end of March and it was received in April, which is why I followed both threads :D ) . I was hoping to ask is there some kind of form where you provide attorney contact information or is just in case they ask for it and you provide it? Thanks in advance and good luck :) Hopefully all of us waiting will receive positive news by end of January. :)  Also, I see you reside in California, is your local office in the bay area? SF is moving pretty slow. :(

There’s no form for attorney information but I want to have it in our phones just in case we have to call someone if there is an issue upon reentry! Our local office is in Southern California, the cases are taking about 9 months according to the online processing times 

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Timeline
3 hours ago, Denis & San said:

Just wanted to let you guys know that we had our AOS interview yesterday at the San Fernando Valley office here in Los Angeles CA.  We arrived 20 min. early to our appt. My wife and daughter were asked for their Employment authorization card to match the interview appointment notice and then we were given a number to be called for the interview.  We were called in by a woman immigration officer about 15 min later.  She did ask my wife if she understood English.  If not, she would see if there is an officer there that could translate Vietnamese, or see if there's anyone in the waiting room that could translate.  Otherwise, we'd need to reschedule.  My wife said that she understood as long as she was speaking slowly.

After sitting down in her office, she took pictures of my wife and our stepdaughter with her webcam.  She asked for our ids..driver licenses.  She then asked if we had originals of the birth certificates, passport, marriage certificate, divorce decrees and of my naturalization certificate.  ( I am a US Naturalized citizen).  I totally forgot about bringing my naturalization certificate and didn't think about bringing it with me since I'm the US citizen and brought my US passport with me.  She asked why didn't I bring it?  I just answered that I totally forgot about it.  She didn't say anything at that point.  I thought for sure she was going to reschedule the interview for missing that.  Anyways, she didn't and went on and inspected the original documents.  She basically compared the originals to the copies I had submitted with the AOS packet.  It was all in front of her and she would mark in red little notes to the copies in the packet.  She was curious as to why the date of my first divorce was different from the original I had.  I told her I wasn't sure.  It was still in the same month, but different date. She asked if she could keep the original and I said sure..keep whatever you want (didn't want to make thing difficult as it was).  

She also asked for the social security numbers of my wife and step-daughter and wrote them down on the application.  

Then she started asking questions to my wife about how she met me, how many times did I visit her, who the father of the child is and where he lived.  She then pointed to me and asked who I was and my birthdate.  Asked her if she's ever been to the US before.  While asking the questions, she was writing our answers on a piece of paper.  She then went over the packet and started asking her questions about the criminal section of the application such as had she ever been arrested, was she ever part of the Communist party etc...  On a few questions, my wife didn't quite understand so I had to tell her in English the meaning of it.  Like she asked if she was ever arrested...she didn't understand the word arrested, so I asked her in English, "Have you ever gone to jail?", and she said no.  The immigration officer was sort of smiling.  She did ask her one more time if she needed a translator and my wife said maybe.  I told her are you sure? (I didn't want a translator cause I didn't think we'd find one and we'd have to reschedule).  So my wife said..just speak slowly.  Finally she turned to our daughter and she asked her who's this? (pointing at me). And my daughter answered "Daddy".  My wife said step-daddy (NOOOO!!) but then the immigration officer said that it was ok...it was good for her to call me daddy (which she does at home).  So I think that sealed it for us.

She also looked at my tax transcripts and asked if I had the full form of tax year 2016.  I said no..I only brought my tax transcripts.  She said the reason is because on the tax transcript, it showed 4 lines of dependents even though there were no names and social security numbers there.  I told her no, it was only me and sometimes my daughter who I get to claim every other year.  She looked at it again but didn't say anything else.  Probably because I make good money and that even if there were 10 dependents, I'd still qualify to be a financial support for the application.  

She then asked if we had any other proof of our relationship... So I handed to her our joint bank account statements (she asked for our bank cards...I handed her mine but my wife didn't bring hers), life insurance showing being a beneficiary, my company health insurance summary showing them as dependents, join lease agreement with both of names on it, and pictures since she's been in the US.  She looked at them and pointed out one picture of us attending a high school graduation and she asked who that was in the picture with us.  My wife answered that it was my daughter (from a previous marriage).  

At this point, she then said, based on what she sees, there is no reason why my wife and daughter wouldn't be able to get a green card.  She said she would approve my daughter on the spot but then it would take 2 days to run another background check on my wife to make sure nothing has come up since the filling of the application.  And then after that, they would be getting their green card in about 2-3 weeks.  She did gave us a tip that for the removal of conditions (which is for the 10 year green card) that if we submitted every month of the joint bank statements since getting her 2 year green card, that there would likely be no interview when we applied for the 10 year green card.  Basically submit everything that we can to bypass the interview. I think I put everything that I can remember of what happened at the interview. Probably forgot some minor details.

I apologize for the detailed summary of our interview, but all in all, it took about 30 minutes for the interview.  To sum it up, bring all the originals of any documents you have...birth certificates, divorce decree, marriage certificate, naturalization certificate (if you became a US citizen via naturalization) and passports. Make sure you bring the actual Tax forms that were submitted to the IRS and not the tax transcripts that was sent with the AOS package in case they have any questions because it's much more detailed than the transcripts.  

Apart from that, it was nerve wrecking especially since we didn't have a couple of documents that she was asking about but it was a good experience as she was very nice with our daughter afterwards and joking with her.

Thank you for sharing this. I’m going to have mine at the same office by the end of the month. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
5 hours ago, Denis & San said:

She did gave us a tip that for the removal of conditions (which is for the 10 year green card) that if we submitted every month of the joint bank statements since getting her 2 year green card, that there would likely be no interview when we applied for the 10 year green card.  Basically submit everything that we can to bypass the interview.

I sent my ROC package recently, and one of the things I included was bank statements from both our joint checking and savings account, since we got married until now, one per quarter. I hope it's enough.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline
7 hours ago, AzoTBG said:

Around what time your online status changed? I am also in New Orleans, PD is March 6. Still waiting.

Anybody else in NO?

7 hours ago, AzoTBG said:

Around what time your online status changed? I am also in New Orleans, PD is March 6. Still waiting.

Anybody else in NO?

It updated on friday early morning! ☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.