3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
29 minutes ago, DorothyLa said:

i will put a service request also. I am tired of waiting, i need to work and get out of the house. 

The lady @ USCIS customer service said that it is likely that you will simply get decision on the EAD before the request is responded to, however if it already was destined to take more than 90 this request will certainly help.

I felt comfortable making the request when it was indicated that it will not affect the processing for myself and others, and that getting close to the stated time frame was a valid reason. Their goal is to get a decision on all EADs within 90 days unless there are circumstances that require otherwise.

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I requested an expedite for ead on May 1st and 2 weeks ago I've sent the supportive evidence via fax since then nothing happened.

Today morning I called USCIS to see if there's any update but the person couldn't really help me so he opened another service request..

2 hours later I got the update "new card is being produced". Yayyyy!!! It took "only" 94 days since I filed!! Good luck to everybody.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ariii said:

I requested an expedite for ead on May 1st and 2 weeks ago I've sent the supportive evidence via fax since then nothing happened.

Today morning I called USCIS to see if there's any update but the person couldn't really help me so he opened another service request..

2 hours later I got the update "new card is being produced". Yayyyy!!! It took "only" 94 days since I filed!! Good luck to everybody.

Congratulations. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

they got slower again. they did not update anything since 2 weeks ago. i am getting depressed. 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, DorothyLa said:

they got slower again. they did not update anything since 2 weeks ago. i am getting depressed. 

It seems like our timelines are similar. Married in Feb, applied in March... no EAD/ AP for me either yet. I think today is day 89/90 for me? Did you end up contacting them or are you just waiting it out? Super stressful!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, DorothyLa said:

That's absolutely not true if you're talking about all cases in general, where are you seeing this? The app shows continuous updates on hundreds of cases. And most recently a whole lot got their EAD's approved +/- 250 cases around mine. 

You're "only" at day 70. There's still almost 3 weeks until day 90, even though USCIS doesn't guarantee anything anymore. I know it's easy for me to say, but we all knew what we signed up for. If this is getting too much for you, maybe taking a break from VJ and all this immigration stuff in your head is the best thing to do. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
17 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

That's absolutely not true if you're talking about all cases in general, where are you seeing this? The app shows continuous updates on hundreds of cases. And most recently a whole lot got their EAD's approved +/- 250 cases around mine. 

You're "only" at day 70. There's still almost 3 weeks until day 90, even though USCIS doesn't guarantee anything anymore. I know it's easy for me to say, but we all knew what we signed up for. If this is getting too much for you, maybe taking a break from VJ and all this immigration stuff in your head is the best thing to do. 

:)

Timeline
18 minutes ago, jl88 said:

It seems like our timelines are similar. Married in Feb, applied in March... no EAD/ AP for me either yet. I think today is day 89/90 for me? Did you end up contacting them or are you just waiting it out? Super stressful!!!

i did not put a service request yet. i am thinking about putting one tomorrow because for them to process service request takes 5 working days (sometimes more). It might be helpful but i don't think it will damage our cases. So i would recommend it. 

15 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

You don't need to talk like that when someone is depressed, you don't know what i am facing through in my life, yes it is ez for you to say that because you got your EAD 71 days later. I am at day 85. I don't know why you say "You are "only" at day 70." I don't know how did you count the days. 

Plus, i am just looking at visa journey processing times for EAD. And it is increasing for 96 days, it was 92 days before. Yeah visa journey is not all but it actually gives a bit of information and good estimated time.

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
27 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

I think you've taken DorothyLa's timeline NOA date to calculate 70 days? That is not the date used by USCIS for the calculation.

Though that couple's received/priority date is not stated on their timeline, I'm thinking the right number is around 87.

On more than one occasion USCIS have confirmed that clock starts at the received date (priority date, if present). 

Our received date is 3/8/2017, notice date 3/16/2017 and I was told EAD was 84. At this time, this was 83.31 days since the received date-time.

I think the concern is valid if you are not able to work through another visa. While I'm sure many take longer than 90 days keep in mind that number was not designed to be an estimate at all. See excerpt from the USCIS website below:

How long does USCIS have to make a decision on my Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization?

The required times in which USCIS must make a decision on a Form I-765 are:

• Ninety (90) days of receipt of applications filed under categories other than asylum-based, or

• Thirty (30) days if filing for an initial EAD based upon a pending asylum case.

One exception to this rule is if USCIS requires initial or additional evidence. If initial is evidence is requested, the processing time will start from zero upon receipt of the requested evidence. If additional evidence is requested, the processing time limit is extended by the amount of time it takes for you to receive the request for evidence and respond to it. Also, the processing time is extended when a request for evidence is issued for any form filed concurrently with Form I-765.

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Babigau said:

I think you've taken DorothyLa's timeline NOA date to calculate 70 days? That is not the date used by USCIS for the calculation.

Though that couple's received/priority date is not stated on their timeline, I'm thinking the right number is around 87.

On more than one occasion USCIS have confirmed that clock starts at the received date (priority date, if present). 

Our received date is 3/8/2017, notice date 3/16/2017 and I was told EAD was 84. At this time, this was 83.31 days since the received date-time.

I think the concern is valid if you are not able to work through another visa. While I'm sure many take longer than 90 days keep in mind that number was not designed to be an estimate at all. See excerpt from the USCIS website below:

How long does USCIS have to make a decision on my Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization?

The required times in which USCIS must make a decision on a Form I-765 are:

• Ninety (90) days of receipt of applications filed under categories other than asylum-based, or

• Thirty (30) days if filing for an initial EAD based upon a pending asylum case.

One exception to this rule is if USCIS requires initial or additional evidence. If initial is evidence is requested, the processing time will start from zero upon receipt of the requested evidence. If additional evidence is requested, the processing time limit is extended by the amount of time it takes for you to receive the request for evidence and respond to it. Also, the processing time is extended when a request for evidence is issued for any form filed concurrently with Form I-765.

Thank you for the answer. I got RFIE for AOS. They received my answer at April 19, and i got my biometrics at April 20. I didn't know they start before biometrics appt. Because pictures must be taken for EAD also. So it should extend my case for 2 weeks then. I hope not. But i will try to put service request anyways. It will do no harm. Maybe it will do good :D 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
31 minutes ago, DorothyLa said:

i did not put a service request yet. i am thinking about putting one tomorrow because for them to process service request takes 5 working days (sometimes more). It might be helpful but i don't think it will damage our cases. So i would recommend it. 

You don't need to talk like that when someone is depressed, you don't know what i am facing through in my life, yes it is ez for you to say that because you got your EAD 71 days later. I am at day 85. I don't know why you say "You are "only" at day 70." I don't know how did you count the days. 

Plus, i am just looking at visa journey processing times for EAD. And it is increasing for 96 days, it was 92 days before. Yeah visa journey is not all but it actually gives a bit of information and good estimated time.

Hello DorothyLa!

I totally understand I am in the same position! But don't worry I believe we are gonna get good news soon!

I know all that stress and depression. I have been trying to get distracted but this waiting has been so looong hahaha

Anyway hugs and don't mind negative comments!

When did you file?

Timeline
2 hours ago, jl88 said:

Hi Guys,

New to the forum. Wondering if anyone can give any input on their experience with filing times/ dates. 

Submitted AOS etc March 3

Biometrics done April 17

Notice of interview ready to be scheduled April 24

... since then nothing. My EAD and travel have not been updated since March 3rd and I am going on day 89 now. I called USCIS and the woman on the phone told me it could be another 2-3 months until I receive anything, which seems a bit crazy. A friend of mine who is a Feb filer in New York received his EAD mid May, so hoping these times are incorrect. 

Any advice, thoughts, comments etc? Starting to panic... :)

Hello pal! We have almost the same filing date. We filed on March 2nd, and my interview is ''ready to be scheduled for interview since April 9th"

Still no news from the EAD!

Hang in there pal!

I think I am in day 89 today unless I am mistaken. I'll wait until June 6th or so.

Good luck !

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kirkuvan Lehtonen said:

Hello DorothyLa!

I totally understand I am in the same position! But don't worry I believe we are gonna get good news soon!

I know all that stress and depression. I have been trying to get distracted but this waiting has been so looong hahaha

Anyway hugs and don't mind negative comments!

When did you file?

I filed at 4 march. Received at 6 march. I am waiting till that date. I know there is a lot of people who filed before me. But this place the only place that i can talk and people will understand how i feel also. Like i can't drive, i can't work, can't go outside because there is no transportation like bus or anything else. I have no friends except my husband. I left my whole family and friends and i need to start building my life and feel accomplishing. Otherwise makes me so stressful. Maybe i could expedite like the person. But i waited almost 90 days. 5 more days till 90. 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

K1 
Spoiler

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Timeline
14 minutes ago, DorothyLa said:

I filed at 4 march. Received at 6 march. I am waiting till that date. I know there is a lot of people who filed before me. But this place the only place that i can talk and people will understand how i feel also. Like i can't drive, i can't work, can't go outside because there is no transportation like bus or anything else. I have no friends except my husband. I left my whole family and friends and i need to start building my life and feel accomplishing. Otherwise makes me so stressful. Maybe i could expedite like the person. But i waited almost 90 days. 5 more days till 90. 

Just two days after I did (March 2nd )

Yes, some people get news sooner but every case is different (Filing office, months, etc). We are still in the ''time''  so let's try to don't desperate. :) and I say try because I know how hard is to be in home almost all the time!!

I totally understand; I can't go back to school, I can't work (This is a big deal for me), Can't drive, can't walk and yes I have no friends. You are not alone in this journey, we are many that we understand what you are going through. I haven't seen my family in 8 months I even thought this was a bad idea haha! But I keep believing that we are gonna get good news soon, remember "No news, are good news"

Hang in there and the best of the luck for you and all the guys in the forum! I know is tough the waiting but we will get it :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.