3,975 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TL2016 said:

Hey!

I think I remember you from the August 2015 K-1 Filer thread. Now we're in the same boat again, lol. I'm happy for you that you were finally able to submit your AOS papers. I would've gone crazy having to wait so long.

Hey thats funny! Was actually just going to check that thread to see how everyone was doing. Seems so long ago. What are you doing here? Didnt you got your AOS yet? I did go a bit crazy waiting so long, but I have some new hobbies that I can turn into a career when I am done lol. So time well spend! 

Filed k1 - 08/20/2015

NOA1 - 08/25/2015

NOA2 - 9/17/2015

NVC Received - 10/14/2015

Send to Amsterdam - 10/16/2015

Amsterdam received - 10/19/2015

Packet 3 in the mail - 10/22/2015

Packet 4 in the mail - 11/3/2015

Medical - 11/23/2015

Interview !!!! - 12/3/2015 Approved !!!

POE - 12/15/2015 (finally)

Wedding 01/15/2016 !!

AOS!

Filed AOS - 03/15/2017

Noa 1 - 03/30/2017

Biometrics - 04/21/2017
RFE - 04/10/2017

Send RFE back - 06/18/2017

RFE Received (status changed) - 06/27/2017

EAD/AP Approved - 09/18/2017

Filed N400 (Naturalization) - 03/24/2024

rsz_waitisover1.jpg.e64ce44221da1246df04d25bf6a04bab.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Essiej said:

Hey thats funny! Was actually just going to check that thread to see how everyone was doing. Seems so long ago. What are you doing here? Didnt you got your AOS yet? I did go a bit crazy waiting so long, but I have some new hobbies that I can turn into a career when I am done lol. So time well spend! 

We had to delay the K-1 process for a long time. We filed in August just like you but didn't actually go to the interview until July, almost a year later. The timing just wasn't right if I would've gotten the visa earlier and then I also waited until late November to actually come to the US. And then on top of everything, the 2016 tax stuff took forever so just I sent in my AOS paperwork like 3 weeks ago. 

Ah, that's good at least. It's barely been 4 months for me here and I'm going crazy without work. Good luck, I hope your new career works out the way you want it to!

1 minute ago, TL2016 said:

We had to delay the K-1 process for a long time. We filed in August just like you but didn't actually go to the interview until July, almost a year later. The timing just wasn't right if I would've gotten the visa earlier and then I also waited until late November to actually come to the US. And then on top of everything, the 2016 tax stuff took forever so just I sent in my AOS paperwork like 3 weeks ago. 

Ah, that's good at least. It's barely been 4 months for me here and I'm going crazy without work. Good luck, I hope your new career works out the way you want it to!

I remember that ! Good to know that you finally made it !! I'll keep reading your posts here :) And don't go crazy ! Find some hobbies ! Worked for me haha. 

Filed k1 - 08/20/2015

NOA1 - 08/25/2015

NOA2 - 9/17/2015

NVC Received - 10/14/2015

Send to Amsterdam - 10/16/2015

Amsterdam received - 10/19/2015

Packet 3 in the mail - 10/22/2015

Packet 4 in the mail - 11/3/2015

Medical - 11/23/2015

Interview !!!! - 12/3/2015 Approved !!!

POE - 12/15/2015 (finally)

Wedding 01/15/2016 !!

AOS!

Filed AOS - 03/15/2017

Noa 1 - 03/30/2017

Biometrics - 04/21/2017
RFE - 04/10/2017

Send RFE back - 06/18/2017

RFE Received (status changed) - 06/27/2017

EAD/AP Approved - 09/18/2017

Filed N400 (Naturalization) - 03/24/2024

rsz_waitisover1.jpg.e64ce44221da1246df04d25bf6a04bab.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Essiej said:

I remember that ! Good to know that you finally made it !! I'll keep reading your posts here :) And don't go crazy ! Find some hobbies ! Worked for me haha. 

Oh I have hobbies, that's not really the issue. I just don't like not being able to contribute financially to my new family. But I do a lot of the chores around the house when I'm alone all day so that makes me feel a little bit useful at least.

Wishing for a speedy process! :)

9 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

Oh I have hobbies, that's not really the issue. I just don't like not being able to contribute financially to my new family. But I do a lot of the chores around the house when I'm alone all day so that makes me feel a little bit useful at least.

Wishing for a speedy process! :)

I'm in the same situation. It's not the best situation but I know that the times will be better when we have our EADs.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Becci391 said:

After how many days after we received the hardcopy NOA1 do we receive the letter for the biometrics appointment?

From my observations and special reference to December 2016 AOS filers, the timeline of so many of them shows one week to two weeks to get their mail for Biometrics appointment. Also it is noteworthy on there that Biometrics happened within one month from receipt of packet/NOA1 so we should be expecting mails for Biometrics anytime from now. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi guys,

I am preparing to send my AOS, EAD and AP this month, I have few questions please help.

1. Do I have to send all AOS, EAD and AP forms all in the same folder in envelope? Or different folder and envelope for each of them?

2. When create the  "Cover Letter", is it made by me (beneficiary) or by my husband (petitioner) ? 

Note: the payment will be from my husband check.

3. Anyone have "Cover Letter" example?

4. I read that we have to pay $1040 for AOS,EAD,AP and Biometric $85,

do we need to write 2 different check for each?

Thank you very much

3 hours ago, nanamora said:

Hi guys,

I am preparing to send my AOS, EAD and AP this month, I have few questions please help.

1. Do I have to send all AOS, EAD and AP forms all in the same folder in envelope? Or different folder and envelope for each of them? 

Send in same envelope 

2. When create the  "Cover Letter", is it made by me (beneficiary) or by my husband (petitioner) ? 

Note: the payment will be from my husband check.

Doesn't matter who creates it because it just indicates what's in packet.

3. Anyone have "Cover Letter" example?

The AOS guide has an example. 

4. I read that we have to pay $1040 for AOS,EAD,AP and Biometric $85,

do we need to write 2 different check for each?

Send it in one check in the total amount of $1225. It is now $1140 plus $85.

Answers above!

Hello everyone,

is anyone from Michigan here that could help? So my husband got his state ID in Michigan, but expired when his I-94 expired. Anyone from Michigan know if we can use the I-797 to renew it or if we have to wait for the EAD or AOS? I have tried to call them but they don't seem to understand what I am asking. 

Thanks. 

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Scienceteacher15 said:

Answers above!

Can I ask one more question,

During medical in my home country I didn't get MMR vaccine because not available, so I got here in USA .

Do I only need to submit the I-693 that I get from civil surgeon here in USA (sealed in envelope) ?

Or 

do I need to submit I-693 and also

a copy of DS-3025 that I got from medical test from my home country?

thanks you again

1 hour ago, kara&mati said:

Hello everyone,

is anyone from Michigan here that could help? So my husband got his state ID in Michigan, but expired when his I-94 expired. Anyone from Michigan know if we can use the I-797 to renew it or if we have to wait for the EAD or AOS? I have tried to call them but they don't seem to understand what I am asking. 

Thanks. 

I'm from California, and I doubt I'd be able to use it here even - and trust me, you can get away with a ton of stuff in liberal California :)

When I tried to use a 797 to renew my driver license, they said it's not a form that entitles me to any benefits or functions as an ID in any way, so they recommended I use the state's program for undocumented migrants (!) to get licenses. I didn't do that.

I would just wait until you receive your EAD to renew your license.

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

1 hour ago, nanamora said:

During medical in my home country I didn't get MMR vaccine because not available, so I got here in USA .

Do I only need to submit the I-693 that I get from civil surgeon here in USA (sealed in envelope) ?

Or 

thanks you again

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the tenses you used in the above paragraph.

Did you already get a 693 or will you soon go get your 693?

Hopefully, it's the later. You'll need to show a civil surgeon here in the US your medical records that show your vaccines, be they from Indonesia or from the US (from MMR) - the surgeon will then give you the I-693 to submit to the USCIS.

If you already got a 693 prior to getting an MMR shot, I would imagine you'd have to get a 693 again - your civil surgeon has to state that you got an MMR vaccine - you can't just attach a letter from the place where you got the vaccine in addition to a 693 that says you don't have it. USCIS won't be responsible for taking any medical statements from people other than civil surgeons.

Does that make sense?

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

2 hours ago, nanamora said:

Or 

thanks you again

This part I'm not familiar with but hopefully someone on here can help or you can call to ask USCIS. I would definitely try submitting everything though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.