3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
6 hours ago, Kalciaa said:

Email. HOWEVER I have never received the email they claimed to send. 7 days after initial request I finally got to talk to somebody who was willing to open my file instead of telling me to wait an additional week, and they were kind enough to read the email they sent out and give me the Attn. number I needed. 
Check your Spam folder. I didn't find anything in mine, but I definitely did check it. 

The email from them was sent out one day after my request. 

My husband also didn't receive an email for his EAD renewal expedite request, but the case history says they sent something. I think they typed his email address wrong.

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Apfel said:

My husband also didn't receive an email for his EAD renewal expedite request, but the case history says they sent something. I think they typed his email address wrong.

Yep, I think they just didn't get my email right somehow. Even though I spelled it for them few times and had them spell it to me. If the case updates says they sent an email just call them up and ask for attn number, that's all you really need to get the documents to the right person. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

Yep, I think they just didn't get my email right somehow. Even though I spelled it for them few times and had them spell it to me. If the case updates says they sent an email just call them up and ask for attn number, that's all you really need to get the documents to the right person. 

It's pretty silly if the messages from USCIS never actually arrive. People with good reasons to expedite, whether it be an emergency or a job offer, may lose the opportunity to work at some places because the requests for evidence never get through. I'll definitely call again tomorrow morning and find out what's up.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Good morning guys, I am just wondering who is still waiting for their biometrics letter for a while? I have been waiting for 4 weeks now, just afraid that it was lost.

03/20/2017-  Sent AOS package

03/22/2017-  Package delivered

03/31/2017-  Received NOA1 texts(3)+Emails(4) 

04/03/2017-  Received 4 mails of NOA1 and case trackable online

05/01/2017-  Filed request for biometrics appointment 

05/04/2017-  Original mail was lost and missed bio appointment on 4/28

05/04/2017-  Request for reschedule bio appointment

05/11/2017-  50 days mark

05/15/2017-  Called USCIS and knew the date of bio appointment

05/19/2017-  Biometrics letter received in mail

06/02/2017-  Biometrics appointment

06/05/2017-  75 days mark

06/09/2017-  Ready to be scheduled for interveiw

06/20/2017-  90 days mark

06/21/2017-  Filed request for EAD

06/26/2017-  Received notice letter for interview

06/30/2017-  100 days mark

07/03/2017-  EAD card is being produced

07/07/2017-  Card mailed out

07/12/2017-  Combo card arrived

07/20/2017-  120 days mark

07/31/2017-  Interview&new card is being produced

08/03/2017-  Received notice letter

08/04/2017-  Card mailed to us

08/05/2017-  Received card in mail  (Day 136)

Timeline

Good Morning! As we're approaching the weekend (I know, not really, it's only Tuesday) I got yet another update on my AOS application. This time something I was not looking forward of getting. 

My I-485 status was updated to "Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed".  I'm concern about "We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires."  line. Is that going to affect my I-765 application too since they're connected? Should I expect that to be put on hold too even though the status for I-765 is "New Card Is Being Produced"?

Thank you for your help!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cynthia68 said:

Good morning guys, I am just wondering who is still waiting for their biometrics letter for a while? I have been waiting for 4 weeks now, just afraid that it was lost.

@Cynthia68 this sounds relatively strange, in my opinion, it may not hurt to call USCIS to enquire, I can imagine your fears and worry. Try and see if you can call them. Good luck 

1 hour ago, Kalciaa said:

Good Morning! As we're approaching the weekend (I know, not really, it's only Tuesday) I got yet another update on my AOS application. This time something I was not looking forward of getting. 

My I-485 status was updated to "Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed".  I'm concern about "We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires."  line. Is that going to affect my I-765 application too since they're connected? Should I expect that to be put on hold too even though the status for I-765 is "New Card Is Being Produced"?

Thank you for your help!

Usually it would affect your I-765 but since it already says that you are approved and the new card is getting produced it won't affect it anymore :)

13 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

@Cynthia68 this sounds relatively strange, in my opinion, it may not hurt to call USCIS to enquire, I can imagine your fears and worry. Try and see if you can call them. Good luck 

I agree with @atuegwu. You usually should have received your Biometrics appointment letter a week after NOA1.

Call USCIS and ask about your case. Explain them that you've been waiting almost a month for the letter. It might have gotten lost in the mail.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Timeline

I just called USCIS again to ask about my expedite request and I was told I was already sent a request for evidence of financial loss 5 days ago. And of course I haven't received the email.

Now I need to get the info sent out asap via fax. But who even uses fax machines anymore, LOL. Oh man. Guess I'll have to stop by a UPS store or something later today and hope for the best.

I also asked about my I-485 and the representative said it's still at the NBC and looks like I won't be needing to an interview. 

Edited by TL2016

Timeline
30 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

I just called USCIS again to ask about my expedite request and I was told I was already sent a request for evidence of financial loss 5 days ago. And of course I haven't received the email.

Now I need to get the info sent out asap via fax. But who even uses fax machines anymore, LOL. Oh man. Guess I'll have to stop by a UPS store or something later today and hope for the best.

I also asked about my I-485 and the representative said it's still at the NBC and looks like I won't be needing to an interview. 

That's hilarious. That's exactly what happened in my case. :X And after I faxed the documents they claimed they haven't received right until the changed my status to card in production fml.

51 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

You should call ahead to see if the UPS store you're planning on visiting even has fax machines. I've had incredibly inconsistent experiences with UPS and FedEx/Kinko stores. 

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Timeline
1 hour ago, TL2016 said:

Oh man. Guess I'll have to stop by a UPS store or something later today and hope for the best.

You can also ask at Kroger or any other market with "Financial Center" place. Remember to keep the confirmation of the delivery. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Cynthia68 said:

Don't be afraid , put a call through I'm sure you will get to know what's going on

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kalciaa said:

You can also ask at Kroger or any other market with "Financial Center" place. Remember to keep the confirmation of the delivery. 

Just sent all my evidence to USCIS. Do they acknowledge receiving the documents in any way per email, status update or case update on the I-765 online?

Timeline
Just now, TL2016 said:

Just sent all my evidence to USCIS. Do they acknowledge receiving the documents in any way per email, status update or case update on the I-765 online?

Nope <_<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.