3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

Lucky you. :)

I cannot find a job where I could expedite...though I am looking around and write applications... :( 

Quick question: can you request for an expedite when you have a job offer? 

3 minutes ago, Ariii said:

Quick question: can you request for an expedite when you have a job offer? 

You can but I guess you have to explain USCIS why they should expedite your application. That's usually only the case if the sponsor or co-sponsor for example loses their job or if something unexpected happens and you need the job.

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

Yes, I did on 4/11, faxed them documents few days later and haven't heard from them since then, until Thursday when I started calling them and asking if they received anything. Of course, they couldn't give me any information -_-, but they created a request for me and said they will contact me within 21 days. I contacted my congressman saying I have not received any answer, and at this point I don't even know if they received my documents. I got an answer from congressman's office on Friday 4/28 saying that immigration claims they have not received my supportive documentation, therefore they cannot make the decision yet. Today my status changed. I hate I had to go through the congressman's office to get them to do anything in my case, but if that's the only way to make them interested in "special cases" like mine, then so be it :jest: 

Almost 3 weeks for an expedite request is pretty hefty imo. How did USCIS contact you after submitting the expedite request? I submitted mu request last Wednesday, it was "completed" online early on Thursday and I haven't heard anything since then. The woman I was calling said I'd be contacted by email but that never happened. I have a job that wants me to start pretty soon but it's looking like I may have to withdraw my job application if I can't get an answer in time. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So my rfe is they need birth certificate which i submitted, they also said u can submit secondary evidence, should i just send it again ? Or do a infopass appointment to make sure im sending the right thing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On Wed Apr 26 2017 at 6:49 PM, rose michigan said:

Good luck.. Try to send it back ASAP..

I have a question.. How many passport pictures did you guys send with your file? 2?4?6? thank you

Total of 4. 2 for the AoS and 2 for EAD.I'm not sure if u need 2 more for the i 131 form.

Edited by MsGee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 4/26/2017 at 8:49 PM, rose michigan said:

Good luck.. Try to send it back ASAP..

I have a question.. How many passport pictures did you guys send with your file? 2?4?6? thank you

only 2. because they use biometrics app. photo for EAD and AP anyways. 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
34 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

Almost 3 weeks for an expedite request is pretty hefty imo. How did USCIS contact you after submitting the expedite request? I submitted mu request last Wednesday, it was "completed" online early on Thursday and I haven't heard anything since then. The woman I was calling said I'd be contacted by email but that never happened. I have a job that wants me to start pretty soon but it's looking like I may have to withdraw my job application if I can't get an answer in time. 

How can you expedite ead card? Do I have to call ? Or can I do it online ? I have a job offer too and they're waiting for me ... 

11 minutes ago, DorothyLa said:

only 2. because they use biometrics app. photo for EAD and AP anyways. 

Huh...that would be great. I only submitted 2 because I didn't read the instructions for EAD and AP.

But if they use the picture from the Biometrics appointment, then I have nothing to worry about. :)

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ariii said:

How can you expedite ead card? Do I have to call ? Or can I do it online ? I have a job offer too and they're waiting for me ... 

Call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283, get through to a real person and say you'd like to expedite your EAD. You'll be read a few choices as to why you want to expedite, then they take your info and that's it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ariii said:

Email. HOWEVER I have never received the email they claimed to send. 7 days after initial request I finally got to talk to somebody who was willing to open my file instead of telling me to wait an additional week, and they were kind enough to read the email they sent out and give me the Attn. number I needed. 
Check your Spam folder. I didn't find anything in mine, but I definitely did check it. 

The email from them was sent out one day after my request. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
38 minutes ago, soulstriker said:

So my rfe is they need birth certificate which i submitted, they also said u can submit secondary evidence, should i just send it again ? Or do a infopass appointment to make sure im sending the right thing?

You should send again.  No need to infopass, will take longer.  I had submitted my I-864 already and then got RFIE for it again, so I resent it USPS Express Mail One day and they got it the next day and 2 days later, I got update on my case they received it and they are starting to work on my case again.  Just my thoughts.

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

Timeline
1 hour ago, TL2016 said:

@TL2016

The notification says they contacrted me, but I don't have any email from them...

23 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

Email. HOWEVER I have never received the email they claimed to send. 7 days after initial request I finally got to talk to somebody who was willing to open my file instead of telling me to wait an additional week, and they were kind enough to read the email they sent out and give me the Attn. number I needed. 
Check your Spam folder. I didn't find anything in mine, but I definitely did check it. 

The email from them was sent out one day after my request. 

@TL2016 Sorry, I meant to quote you for this one here.

31 minutes ago, Ariii said:

Call the info line, tell them you want to expedite your EAD, they will ask you few questions, and you'll get a confirmation number.

ead.PNG

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Kalciaa said:

@TL2016

The notification says they contacrted me, but I don't have any email from them...

@TL2016 Sorry, I meant to quote you for this one here.

Call the info line, tell them you want to expedite your EAD, they will ask you few questions, and you'll get a confirmation number.

ead.PNG

Odd. I was told to expect a reply via email too but haven't gotten anything. I'm considering calling today or just calling tomorrow after I check my mail once more. I don't want to call too often and bother them too much. They might end up thinking I'm too annoying and take their sweet time lol.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

Odd. I was told to expect a reply via email too but haven't gotten anything. I'm considering calling today or just calling tomorrow after I check my mail once more. I don't want to call too often and bother them too much. They might end up thinking I'm too annoying and take their sweet time lol.

I called them on day 6 (originally they said they will contact me within 5 days), but they said there's no update. Called them on day 7 again- I was told the response was sent out on day 1, but then got disconnected. Called back, the consultant didn't want to give me information, just told me to wait another 5 days (even though I was already told they answered!!!), I politely said thank you and hang up. Called again, talked to another consultant and this time I got all the information I needed to send the supporting documentation. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/24/2017 at 8:43 PM, Denis & San said:

Got my RFIE notice in the mail today.  So frustrating because I have sent them the right form and they're still asking for it.  I made a copy of it so I know the form is correct and it's signed also with all the tax documents attached.  I'm sending it again tomorrow.  I know it's not complicated since I already saved the form and have all the documents, but it's the waste of time.  Here what it says:

RFIE.jpg

Hi how many days did it take uscis to update your status after rfe was delivered to them? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.