3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kirkuvan Lehtonen said:

Have you called to USCIS and get a request ?

Good luck!

I am so sorry to hear that I got news until day 92, I am sure you will get good news soon! Hang in there!

Good luck!

Oh dear! Hang in there!

What kind of RFE did you get?

Good luck

They asked for last 6 months pay stub. And my birth certificate (which i sent it before and i resend it again) my respond received before my biometrics are done.

2 hours ago, emchappie said:

Yeah i'm 27th March.... got an RFIE on my I-485 but was told it hasn't affeted my EAD processing time. 

What kind of RFIE did you get, have you tried to put in a service request and been denied, because I got RFIE on my I-485 and was told that it hasn't affected my EAD processing time. 

I called them. She said if you got a rfie it resets the time. I might call them tomorrow again. 

1 hour ago, atuegwu said:

@Becci391, @DorothyLa and @umabanana I know it could be nerve-racking but please stay strong and positive and let's see how it goes before weekend, I pray and believe you shall get a positive update soonest. Cheers and good luck.

Thank you. I stay positive. I see february filers waiting 120 days or so. So i stopped hoping for it for at least 20 more days :D

55 minutes ago, Arnel villarreal said:

Hi I called the USCIS today. It's my 90 days today, it ended up good. She gave me a confirmation number to use if I still don't heard any updates. Based on my timeline my EAD adjucated on June 21 if after that I still don't get any updates I will try to call them back again a

I hope you will hear something.

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, DorothyLa said:

They asked for last 6 months pay stub. And my birth certificate (which i sent it before and i resend it again) my respond received before my biometrics are done.

I called them. She said if you got a rfie it resets the time. I might call them tomorrow again. 

Thank you. I stay positive. I see february filers waiting 120 days or so. So i stopped hoping for it for at least 20 more days :D

I hope you will hear something.

Thanks hopefully 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

@DorothyLa Unfortunately sometimes USCIS loses some files. It had happened before.

Just follow the directions on the RFE's, and remember if they send the RFE it means they're working on your case! Don't let your hopes go down!

Go and take a walk, I have been improving my cooking and baking (It has helped lots), I've been practicing my driver's writing test, I have really good recommendations on Netflix and books lol! Just let's be patient!

I wish you the best and BTW don't forget to submit every single one of the documents they asked for!

I send you a big hug !

Edited by Kirkuvan Lehtonen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

My status of EAD changed from "New card is being produced" to "Card was mailed to me" just now. But nothing abt AP. I think they always update around 5:00pm

Timeline
8 minutes ago, raini7 said:

My status of EAD changed from "New card is being produced" to "Card was mailed to me" just now. But nothing abt AP. I think they always update around 5:00pm

Congratulations! It should get to your home soon! If you applied for AP at the same time the is possible, that you are going to get a combo card (With the message on the bottom of AP)

When did you get the message of "New card is being produced"?

Edited by Kirkuvan Lehtonen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kirkuvan Lehtonen said:

Congratulations! It should get to your home soon! If you applied for AP at the same time the most possible is that you are going to get a combo card (With the message on the bottom of AP)

When did you get the message of "New card is being produced"?

Thank you!  Yes i did applied at the same time. Hope it comes a combo card. It was on June 2. 

I had not expected getting EAD this early since i got RFIE on March 30 and I took (1 month) time to send it back. I was very frustated .so i was off from the VJ for a while. Tried to keep myself busy playing games and doing other stuffs. Wish everyone hear some updates in their case very soon!

@Kirkuvan Lehtonen Congrats on ur update too :)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, raini7 said:

Thank you!  Yes i did applied at the same time. Hope it comes a combo card. It was on June 2. 

I had not expected getting EAD this early since i got RFIE on March 30 and I took (1 month) time to send it back. I was very frustated .so i was off from the VJ for a while. Tried to keep myself busy playing games and doing other stuffs. Wish everyone hear some updates in their case very soon!

Thank you very much, have a good day!

I think we will get the combo card, since we applied for both at the same time or least that what I read. In the last case we would get a separated sheet kinda like a letter!

Me neither I got a RFE earlier, about the translation of my birth certificate (Silly me)

There are a bunch of stuff to do but still the stress and I kinda miss to work!

Wish the best of the luck for everyone! Don't get too impatient !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Does anyone here follow their case via the Case Tracker app? 
I always feel guilty when I reload it because in my head I'm like "they know how many times I've checked on my case in the past week" hahaha

51 minutes ago, Kirkuvan Lehtonen said:

@DorothyLa Unfortunately sometimes USCIS loses some files. It had happened before.

Just follow the directions on the RFE's, and remember if they send the RFE it means they're working on your case! Don't let your hopes go down!

Go and take a walk, I have been improving my cooking and baking (It has helped lots), I've been practicing my driver's writing test, I have really good recommendations on Netflix and books lol! Just let's be patient!

I wish you the best and BTW don't forget to submit every single one of the documents they asked for!

I send you a big hug !

Netflix and hulu have been my savour, I have caught up on so many films and shows that I've always wanted to watch but just never had the time til. I also started volunteering, just so I could at least justify my break from employment, and thinking about using this last portion of waitinf for my EAD to start learning ASL. I'm right there with you on the baking, I've been trying to get a kick start on clean/healthier eating, and I found a recipe for avocado chocolate cake (I LOVE chocolate cake) so really excited to try that. 

probably should practice my written portion of my driving test, what are you using to practice? 

9 minutes ago, umabanana said:

I always feel guilty when I reload it because in my head I'm like "they know how many times I've checked on my case in the past week" hahaha

you are just feeling guilty for thinking about how many times you check it a week....... I lose count how many times I check it a DAY!!! Some days I'm totally fine, but then other days, I'm so impatient, want an update like right now! :P

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, greyhave said:

Day 76. Status just changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview."

Now you get to wait. Yay!

8 minutes ago, emchappie said:

you are just feeling guilty for thinking about how many times you check it a week....... I lose count how many times I check it a DAY!!! Some days I'm totally fine, but then other days, I'm so impatient, want an update like right now! :P

I checked it twice today because of all the good news here and I feel terrible hahaha I feel like someone is tracking the app and is like "nah, we are gonna wait more days for her"

35 minutes ago, raini7 said:

I think it's just so confusing which criteria they use to handle the cases first. My receive date is Feb 27th, got a RFIE on March 23rd and they received my answer March 25th (I sent the documents before I even got the RFIE since I noticed my mistake) and I just got an update via email today about my service request based on outside normal processing time that I am still well within the 90 day time frame since it hasn't been 90 days since they received my RFIE documents. Then I'm like "yeah I guess it's right" and then I see everyone on here having their EADs within normal processing times although they also got a RFIE. 🙄

We live in the 21st century and I feel like USCIS should have a better system where they can just see on a computer screen which case needs to get handled first according to their receive/RFE dates but instead they randomly pick applications and process them. 🤔

2 minutes ago, umabanana said:

Now you get to wait. Yay!

I checked it twice today because of all the good news here and I feel terrible hahaha I feel like someone is tracking the app and is like "nah, we are gonna wait more days for her"

I'm just checking my status more and more this month, and I also find my constantly checking the processing times to see what date EAD the are processing. 

AOS Journey

03/25/17: I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 packet sent

03/27/17: USPS confirmation of pickup from PO box

04/04/17: Checks cashed

04/05/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130 (but no notifications of any other application)

04/07/17: Phone call to USCIS to confirm NOA are in the mail for all, I-130, I-485, I-131, & I-765

04/11/17: Received hardcopies of all 4 NOAs in the mail

04/29/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

05/12/17: Biometrics appointment

05/09/2017:Case updated to "Request for Initial Evidence mailed"

05/12/2017: Received RFIE 

05/24/2017: Sent RFIE evidence to USCIS

05/25/2017: Case updated to "Response to USCIS' request for evidence received" 

06/09/2017: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

06/12/2017: Put in service request for EAD

06/15/2017: Service Request shows as complete online. 

06/19/2017: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/21/2017: EAD "Card Is Mailed To Me"

06/25/2017: Received Notice of approvals for EAD & AP

06/26/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Timeline
53 minutes ago, umabanana said:

That'd be me! It is insane how stressed I get every time.

Good luck mate!

35 minutes ago, emchappie said:

Netflix and hulu have been my savour, I have caught up on so many films and shows that I've always wanted to watch but just never had the time til. I also started volunteering, just so I could at least justify my break from employment, and thinking about using this last portion of waitinf for my EAD to start learning ASL. I'm right there with you on the baking, I've been trying to get a kick start on clean/healthier eating, and I found a recipe for avocado chocolate cake (I LOVE chocolate cake) so really excited to try that. 

probably should practice my written portion of my driving test, what are you using to practice? 

Mine too as well, I really enjoy the British show about baking (The great British show, you should check it out!), I have improved so much lately (the cooking part haha), That recipe sounds so good you should share it sometime, and don't forget to let us know how it turns out!

I have become a volunteer firefighter so it helps a lot with my anxiety to be waiting! 

Try out http://driving-tests.org/ you just select your state and lets you practice, download the guides, shows you the documents that you need, and it is totally free!

Take care and I wish you the best of the lucks!

30 minutes ago, greyhave said:

Day 76. Status just changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview."

Congratulations! Every time closer, don't you think?

Take care and good luck!

24 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

I think it's just so confusing which criteria they use to handle the cases first. My receive date is Feb 27th, got a RFIE on March 23rd and they received my answer March 25th (I sent the documents before I even got the RFIE since I noticed my mistake) and I just got an update via email today about my service request based on outside normal processing time that I am still well within the 90 day time frame since it hasn't been 90 days since they received my RFIE documents. Then I'm like "yeah I guess it's right" and then I see everyone on here having their EADs within normal processing times although they also got a RFIE. 🙄

We live in the 21st century and I feel like USCIS should have a better system where they can just see on a computer screen which case needs to get handled first according to their receive/RFE dates but instead they randomly pick applications and process them. 🤔

I agree with you, and I am sorry.  

I have being trying to understand the whole USCIS thing but I guess it's about (Filling office, period that you submit your documents, Processing times posted by the same USCIS, type of case, etc and I even think that is about the officer also).

It's mostly likely that your "Time got reseted to March 25th" (When they received the documents) Have you called to find out if they did that to your case? Or to get a Service Request?

I truly wish you get updates soon and get good news soon!

Have a great day and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.