dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, amistry18 said:

My scan date is March 20th. I want y'all an honest opinion on something.

Do you guys think I'll be able to celebrate My wife's birthday, my birthday, and our first marriage anniversary here is USA. They all fall within a week in mid July. I don't wanna raise my hope and expectation.

scan date march 20th, + 11 weeks, that's june 5th, say you get early july interview, get approved, and receive your visa in 1 week, and fly to the usa right after you get your visa. That would get you there mid july considering everything is smooth and no surprises. it's a little risky, i would probably just postpone the celebration to later dates. It is sad that this long, soul draining process is making us miss important events and celebration. I am going to miss my husband's graduation as well :( finger crossed for speedy journey. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Any Case Completes today ?

I was expecting them to complete all of January's by the end of this month but, I don't see it happening. Trying to stay optimistic but, its hard. It will be a year tomorrow since we started this ridiculous process ( PD was March 29th ) .

I will be really upset if we don't get May interview. This is just awful .

Hang in there you are so close any day now ... You should call twice a day (morning and night the 2 different shifts) I explained to them how long it was and I was very nice the guy on the phone told me how embarrassed he was and sorry and thank you for being so nice and not yelling so then he gave our case to his supervisor and it was completed in 1 day! Try that and if it doesn't work definitely get congressman/senator involved if you haven't yet .. I heard they schedule interviews once case is completed so not just at the end of each month fingers crossed for May interview 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, vintash said:

Hi. My original scan date is dec 6. Got a checklist march 21st for long form bc and updated aos form.  Submitted everything Friday, said it was received Monday march 27. But I know if I call it

probably won't be In Their system yet, right ? How long does it usually take to create the second scan date of the checklist documents ? And how long am I looking to wait again? ? I'm so sad ..

What did they need on the AOS ? if you dont mind?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

What did they need on the AOS ? if you dont mind?

They just said we had an outdated form we found off the internet. They wanted this years w2 and the last two years. And I have the wrong bc   

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, llama said:

guys do you think the embassy will make a big deal if you only had a court wedding, we had a small dinner for family but nothing big.

i hope not, wedding are pretty expensive and it should not the job of embassy to decide it it is legit or not. 

1 minute ago, beppenyc said:

i hope not, wedding are pretty expensive and it should not the job of embassy to decide it it is legit or not. 

me too, but you never know with these folks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tanish said:

I understand that "NRA" can be sent in place of SSN when filing as "Married Filing Separately" and you are not claiming any deductions for your spouse. We filed the same way.

You said your relative filed online with "NRA" in place of SSN, right? I want to know if this is true, what application/software he used to do so? We had to paper file 1040, because we needed to file "Married Filing Separately" with "NRA".

Not sure if this is what you are asking. If yes, then My husband filed his tax as "Married filing separately" with non resident alien (me) electronically. He used taxact.com. Its free. He got his refund. Although im not really sure on the SSN part because we are using the software. 

Our IR-1 Journey

05/20/2016 : Submit our I130 packet

05/23/2016 : NOA1 by Email & Text

05/28/2016 : NOA1 Hardcopy

10/12/2016 : Transferred to Texas Service Centre

10/26/2016 : Approved!???

11/08/2016 : Case sent to Department of State

11/15/2016 : NVC Received

11/23/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

11/23/2016 : Submit DS-261

11/25/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC & AOS fee invoiced

11/26/2016. : Pay AOS Fee

12/01/2016 : IV fee invoiced

12/01/2016 : Pay IV fee

12/05/2016 : Submit DS-260 online

12/09/2016 : Mail AOS & IV packet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hannah9285 said:

Hang in there you are so close any day now ... You should call twice a day (morning and night the 2 different shifts) I explained to them how long it was and I was very nice the guy on the phone told me how embarrassed he was and sorry and thank you for being so nice and not yelling so then he gave our case to his supervisor and it was completed in 1 day! Try that and if it doesn't work definitely get congressman/senator involved if you haven't yet .. I heard they schedule interviews once case is completed so not just at the end of each month fingers crossed for May interview 

I hope I get that nice rep too when I call lol !  

I will be at 10 weeks tomorrow. They said to wait 11 weeks. If I don't get a CC by April 5th , I will start calling five times a day and request to speak to a supervisor each time. I am also going to involve my congressman/senator  I am giving them their 11 weeks. Lets see what happens

Thank you for replying. Praying for you to get May interview. 

Scan Date January 18

6 hours ago, juliamccull said:

Just called NVC. They said we are in the review part now. Ugh I'm just hoping we don't get a checklist, I'm so worried. I cannot imagine waiting another 8-11 weeks. Scan date: Jan 30th. If you have a January scan date please keep updating! It makes me hopeful. Thanks! 

Are they currently doing review on your case?? If yes, then it's really good because at least your case is in the review. My second scan date is 26th January and still not in review. 

2 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

I hope I get that nice rep too when I call lol !  

I will be at 10 weeks tomorrow. They said to wait 11 weeks. If I don't get a CC by April 5th , I will start calling five times a day and request to speak to a supervisor each time. I am also going to involve my congressman/senator  I am giving them their 11 weeks. Lets see what happens

Thank you for replying. Praying for you to get May interview. 

Scan Date January 18

I called five times a day, no way to reach that so called "supervisor".

Scan: 1/17/2017

--- ngm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tanish said:

Congrats!!!!

It certainly does not pose any impact on the interviews before "Tax Date" as evidenced by your own interview; but it will be an issue when you are just mailing your Packages to NVC and as we can all see it is taking them at least 10-12 weeks for review.

Yes... certainly. It is alway good to frontload as much as you could to avoid RFE, at this point you can't risk to tick the clock.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ngm011 said:

I called five times a day, no way to reach that so called "supervisor".

Scan: 1/17/2017

--- ngm

Wow.. I was just thinking about you. I thought you were able to get a hold of one.  I am so sorry !!  Same thing happened to my cousin. They are so pathetic . Did you send the document they requested and got a new scan date ? 

Scan Date January 18

Just now, Zebracakex said:

Wow.. I was just thinking about you. I thought you were able to get a hold of one.  I am so sorry !!  Same thing happened to my cousin. They are so pathetic . Did you send the document they requested and got a new scan date ? 

Scan Date January 18

Yep, your cousin was right. They claim there's no way for them to take a look into my physical documentation because it's not even in the same building?! Therefore, they cannot determine whether the checklist was issued due to missing or invalid document.

I talked to my lawyer and he claims that we've got to send the document they asked for.

It's such a mess.

No new developments for you? Still under they infamous review?

--- ngm

Interestingly I just spoke with a very cool, calm and collected guy on the phone at NVC and he said that our case is currently under review. I asked about getting a supervisor to look at it and he said that it wouldn't be a smart choice because it could delay it at this point if someone had started it. 

Our case has been a day away every time they've changed from 4weeks to 6, 6 to 8 and now to 11. More than just a little frustrating. 

It seems everyone is in the same boat at the moment. 

Joe

NVC Receipt date: Jan 31st 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.