dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
10 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

it often doesn't take 8 weeks once they get your check listed document.  You can always send it and once you think they would have received it, call them to check every couple of days how it's going.
Given it's a spousal greencard though, yes the marriage certificate is a 110% requirement. It's not one of those documents that depends on the country etc. 

Just thought I'd give you a heads up! Me and the hubs had to resend a document, when we received a checklist back in January (25th), it was the AOS as we had missed a name in one of the boxes? Although I'm pretty sure we didn't, but it is what it is! 

Originally we were given the 6 weeks mark, which would have taken us to the 8th March but now it's been bumped up to the 8 week wait so we're looking around the 22nd March. 

Hopefully hopefully I pray yours will be done sooner than the eight weeks, along with ours.. but realistically I wouldn't hold your breath (as me and my husband learnt, we thought it wouldn't take 8weeks to check one box; yet it may be the case!) Just thought I'd share my thoughts with someone in a similar boat to ours :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
21 minutes ago, SJLOVE said:

Did you call nvc to to get your nvc#  and what date was your Noa2,  I'm trying to figure out when is the best time to call them my approve Noa2 was 2/23

Yes I called nvc to get my case#

They assigned my case number 8days after they received my case but I didn't call them till after 2weeks because that is what I was told when I called them on the 7th day of them receiving my case.

I wish I would have called earlier.. But no worries you can call them 8days after they received your case.

USCIS will notify you when they send your case to NVC mine took them 15days to send the case.

Edited by Zee02

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Roll said:

Just logged in and saw the famous 3 N/As for my wife.:wub: scan date dec 23 2016. Will call in the morning to comfirm CC. Waiting on step sons CC same scan date but my agent made the mistake of not letting me know I had to send in AOS one for each of them:angry:. So I had to send it in on January 24,2017 . Would that be his new scan date?

Congrats!!!  I doubt you would have a new scan date, but it doesn't hurt to call NVC and ask this question and if it is a new scan date, you can request to speak to a supervisor.

7 hours ago, beinlove said:

Hye guys! It's wonderful to know ya'll experiences. I have a silly short question:D!! Can I send original civil certificate to NVC so my spouse don't have to bring that specific document (yes, I mean marriage certificate) during interview? I have original marriage certificate with me and don't want to risk it in the snail mail. Any thoughts?

We sent in a copy of all civil documents to NVC, and were required to bring the originals (and a copy, again) of each document to the interview.  You can always call NVC to ensure they received your documents.

1 hour ago, SJLOVE said:

Did you call nvc to to get your nvc#  and what date was your Noa2,  I'm trying to figure out when is the best time to call them my approve Noa2 was 2/23

You can call NVC at any time to find this out, but you will receive an email (if you provided an email address) to pay the AOS and IV fees.  The NVC case number will be included in this communication.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, SJLOVE said:

Yes, you have to call them. 1 or 2 weeks after NOA2 via email/text if signed up..

They would give it to you over the phone.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
2 hours ago, Nutella said:

Just thought I'd give you a heads up! Me and the hubs had to resend a document, when we received a checklist back in January (25th), it was the AOS as we had missed a name in one of the boxes? Although I'm pretty sure we didn't, but it is what it is! 

Originally we were given the 6 weeks mark, which would have taken us to the 8th March but now it's been bumped up to the 8 week wait so we're looking around the 22nd March. 

Hopefully hopefully I pray yours will be done sooner than the eight weeks, along with ours.. but realistically I wouldn't hold your breath (as me and my husband learnt, we thought it wouldn't take 8weeks to check one box; yet it may be the case!) Just thought I'd share my thoughts with someone in a similar boat to ours :) 

Same here. After a checklist I sent the document on Feb 2nd and now they said I will have to wait 8 weeks just to review checklist document. I tried talking to Supervisor as well but she said the same. I just don't like the system how they are treating checklist document. It should not be treated as new package. Anyways, thats how it works I guess. So mine 8 weeks will be March 30th :(

23 hours ago, Emla said:

NVC confirmed....Case Complete!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, IA0217 said:

OMG :jest:got 3NA right now just called to confrim 

scan date 20 dec 2016

cc 2 march 2017

10 hours ago, Roll said:

Just logged in and saw the famous 3 N/As for my wife.:wub: scan date dec 23 2016. Will call in the morning to comfirm CC. Waiting on step sons CC same scan date but my agent made the mistake of not letting me know I had to send in AOS one for each of them:angry:. So I had to send it in on January 24,2017 . Would that be his new scan date?

Congratulations on your CC's :)

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Roll said:

Congratulations!!!

Hello All I am new to this.  My husband and I currently have a our case at the NVC.  Waiting waiting waiting...  it's so tough because I haven't been to see him in the Dominican Republic since September due to work and money, now we are in limbo as to waiting for interview or plan visit right now. Funds are limited. Ahhhh

Scan date - February 2, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Mojk said:

Does anyone have an idea how long is it taking NVC to review one checklist document ?

Hello! We're in the same boat.. they say "8weeks" but really have no clue. ?

If you read up a few posts.. theres a couple of us going through it too..

Just called now and again the rep said the same thing! So frustrating!!! When did you receive your checklist?? Have you got the second scan date yet? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mojk said:

Does anyone have an idea how long is it taking NVC to review one checklist document ?

I have been waiting for them to review one document since December  , 9 weeks , you get a new scan date it doesn't matter if it's just one document soo frustrating. 

Edited by AMINE1980

7 minutes ago, AMINE1980 said:

I have been waiting for them to review one document since December  , 9 weeks , you get a new scan date it doesn't matter if it's just one document soo frustrating. 

Are you serious??? since December??? that is crazy :angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mojk said:

Are you serious??? since December??? that is crazy :angry:

They say 8 weeks don't believe it , it's taking them 10 , 11 weeks from what I have seen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.