dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gulbalo said:

Supervisor you talked to lied to you. My case was personally picked up by the supervisor and reviewed it right there and then. She called me and gave me a few tips of how I can expedite my case if I would want to.

Sometime being nice will not cut it for ya. Show them your bad side unless you are terrible at it. Oh I can be really really rude. Anyway, I talked to the representative that I will not stop calling until I get a hold of supervisor and we his/her review my case right there and then. I failed getting a hold of supervisor but they knew I was not going to stop. well they don't have a choice but answer my called and my rant. Trust me, make their life miserable and they will do their job to ensure they don't deal with you coz trust who would want to talk to a grumpy and angry customer because its not really worth your time and job.

Simply say, that you will not stop calling until you get a hold of a supervisor and that don't let the supervisor tell she/he cant do certain things, well they can and they have the power to.

Danggg !! You told them didn't you ? lol ! Thats pretty awesome. you are a CHAMP !!!!

I am going to try your advice tomorrow. They better have some REAL answers ready for me. My scan date is January 18th ( 8 weeks today ) . My PD was March 29th ( going to be a year this month ) .

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo sick and done with this process. It is so frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tanish said:

Thank you for the correction. @amistry18, I apologize for misinforming you. When I checked today on NVC login, I forgot to select IV fees link on the continued page. I checked on my email and login again, and saw the difference. And yes, we did send both of those correctly.

@Tanish, It's okay. No worries :)

USCIS

07/22/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS

07/25/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center

02/14/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved (205 Days after NOA1)

02/27/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

03/03/2017: I-130 received at NVC

03/06/2017: Case number assigned

03/10/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number & DS-261 Submitted

03/10/2017: Received & Paid AOS fees

03/14/2017: Received & Paid IV fees

03/16/2017: DS-260 available & submitted, AOS and IV packets sent to NVC

03/20/2017: Scan Date

05/22/2017: Case Complete (63 Days from Scan Date)

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/22/2017:Biometrics done

07/01/2017: Medical done

07/11/2017: Interview in Mumbai (And 1st Marriage anniversary)

07/13/2017: Visa Received

07/27/2017: USA Entry

Removing Condition

04/22/2019: I-751 sent early 5 days

05/20/2019: Case was return back to me

05/30/2019: I-751 Delivered to TX (2nd time)

07/25/2019: Bio-metric completed

09/19/2019: Interview, Case Approved

09/26/2019: Green Card received 😀

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey! an update from me: @R and KJ @claudia88031 how is it going with you, guys?

Just got an update from my lawyer today, she called the NVC today and they said that ask a supervisor to take a look on the case. BUT it can take another 2 weeks :ranting:

my scan date is JAN 6!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Kate_ said:

Just got an update from my lawyer today, she called the NVC today and they said that ask a supervisor to take a look on the case. BUT it can take another 2 weeks :ranting:

How did she get a hold of them today ? They are closed due to a snowstorm. Someone with scan date January 3rd had a CC last week. Keep us updated  . Good Luck. 

Scan Date January 18th

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your congrats! Also, I thank you all for the wonderful support, without which I'm sure I would've gone mad by now :wacko:... You guys helped to keep me sane & get through this grueling process. Thank you everyone :), praying that you'll have a speedy journey through this!

On 3/14/2017 at 3:37 AM, Thesmiths2016 said:

Hi fellow VJ'ers.  Posting here as I did a separate post but no one replied, so I thought I'd ask in our NVC forum.

Firstly let me say I understand how frustrating it is for all of you waiting, NVC are not exactly speedy.   I've contacted them by email to get confirmation of my paperwork arriving, and spoke to them on the phone, and one of my email responses said "please allow us up to 6 weeks to review your paperwork".  So because I have it in writing from them, I intended on contacting them when I hit 6 weeks from my scan date.   The email was sent to me when they'd already updated their website to 8 weeks.

That 6 week date passed today.

We have an approved expedite for when it goes to the consulate, to get an interview scheduled right away rather than waiting for the "scheduling week" and I was really hoping the NVC stage would be timely.  In 7 weeks my husband needs to be in the USA as he's in a wedding, and if I don't have my greencard then, I can't travel there with my daughter.  My husband would have to travel all the way back to New Zealand just for my interview at quite a cost.  Therefore as you can imagine, we really want to get through the interview and receive my visa (and book flights) to get us all there by early May.

I'm wondering though .. I have two options.
1)  Contact NVC and ask where it's at given its been 6 weeks, and quote the email and date they advised me of that timeline.  This may push it into "supervisor review"
2)  Wait til 8 weeks as per their website and then do the above.

I'm wondering what your opinion is (especially if someone has been through it before).  If i do option 1, do I risk it going into ANOTHER queue? The queue for supervisor review, and therefore pushing the time out to a further 6 weeks?  If that's the case, I'm wondering if its best to just sit here and wait, and be hopeful that 8 weeks is the new 10-12 weeks we were hearing about so much.

@Thesmiths2016 Just to clarify, was your request expedited for a) interviewing only, where NVC will still complete case as usual, but once done, it will be fwd to your embassy right away & you'll be given the chance to schedule the interview as per your schedule? Or b) embassy processing, where embassy will request NVC to just fwd everything right now, and embassy will review & complete the file & then schedule interview?

As for supervisor review, you can try at 6 weeks, it doesn't hurt. If NVC will do it, then great. Otherwise, the worse thing is they'll tell you to wait till the 8 week mark. However, when you do request supervisor review, it doesn't change any "queue". It remains in the same queue, and retains the ageing. All supervisor review does is that it just puts a flag next your case, so they know that it's overdue.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:17 AM, chamma said:

I know what EP is and is not applicable for my Country of Origin.

But what is DCF? Is it any different than manually sending in the packages to the NVC?

@chamma DCF is Direct Consular Filing. It's basically an option offered by certain embassies, where they will accept & process your I-130, instead of 1 of the Service Centers. DCF processing is usually a lot quicker, 1 - 2 months depending on embassy. Then, if approved, the petition is fwd to NVC. So DCF doesn't have any impact on NVC processing, your case will still be sent to NVC, but just a lot quicker. Then NVC will processes it like any other case.

On 3/14/2017 at 9:09 AM, claudia88031 said:

hi guys, after calling nvc and got my scan date(march 2nd), when should i call to follow up my case? I saw people saying " to call them regularly to make sure my case is on track", does that mean within certain time frame i should call to follow up if my case is at the reviewing process, or is with a supervisor? sorry this is a little confusing. thanks ahead for the help! 

@claudia88031 Since you just sent your docs, even if you follow up, they will not give you much answer except that they have upto 8 weeks to process your request. Until those 8 weeks are up, you really can't do much because you're still within their processing time. Once those 8 weeks are up, that's when you can start to demand a status update, supervisor reviews, supervisor call backs, & etc...

On 3/14/2017 at 0:14 PM, Samad194 said:

Hello Everyone. I received CKLST on January 21st. I had to submit the missing paperwork. They received it on January 26th. When I called them, they said it will take up to 6 Weeks. After few weeks, I called them then they said they changed the process time to 8 weeks now. My 8 Weeks will complete on 23rd March and it's still not in Review. I'd like to know that what should I do if it doesn't get in Review by 23rd March. I just had to submit the Marriage Certificate in Urdu. Before submitting again, I called them and they said that they don't need in Urdu but I still submitted it. I called them again in the same week of submitting and one representative told me that they were missing Urdu Marriage Certificate. 

@Samad194 Just curious, did you not get an English marriage certificate, is that why you have to send in the Urdu Marriage Certificate & Nikah Nama?

8 hours ago, chamma said:

Can we send the package even before the AOS & IV fees are paid??

I have paid my AOS and waiting for the "In Process" to change to "Paid"..

Paid it on Saturday.. still hasn't changed...

Also can I know what has to be taken care off while filling the i864EZ?

@chamma Yes, you can send in the AOS & Civil docs if you have them ready. However, your 8 week processing will not until you submit DS-260. The real date from which processing starts is either the day a) NVC scans your documents or b) the day you submit DS-260, which ever is later.

4 hours ago, Hannah9285 said:

We are on week 10 from 2nd scan date and week 16 total... Driving me crazy that it has been closed yesterday and today we lost 2 days! :( 

@Hannah9285 Sorry to hear that you've been waiting for such an awful long time. Have you tried contacting your congressional representative or your senator? How about talking to a supervisor or requesting a call back?

3 hours ago, UsSwedlover said:

Yeah I am sorry to hear that! I filled out my i-846EZ today, I also have nothing on those filled in. Do they want them to have N/A all over?

@UsSwedlover I would suggest that fill out all the boxes. If the box doesn't apply to you, put N/A, if the answer is 0, or nothing, then just put "None", but don't leave anything blank. I prepared the AOS form myself, so for the preparer & translator, I just put "N/A".

2 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

I really hope so. I am so irritated with the whole thing. I know we can't control mother nature neither can NVC and it isn't anyone's fault but, we lost TWO days.  I am trying not to get too upset over it but, its hard. I hope they are open tomorrow and Friday and we get our CC's. I am really praying for hubby to get an April interview but, I know it probably isn't going to happen. Its too late. 

I will call them first thing in the morning and request a supervisor review ( 8 weeks today ) . 

Thank you for your kind words. It helps with the frustration.  

Scan Date January 18th

@Zebracakex I know how it feels to lose days like this. It happened to me too, where they were closed due to snow storms... Good luck with supervisor review, hope you get a CC soon!

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

13 minutes ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

Thanks everyone for your congrats! Also, I thank you all for the wonderful support, without which I'm sure I would've gone mad by now :wacko:... You guys helped to keep me sane & get through this grueling process. Thank you everyone :), praying that you'll have a speedy journey through this!

@Samad194 Just curious, did you not get an English marriage certificate, is that why you have to send in the Urdu Marriage Certificate & Nikah Nama?

Well, English Certificate was translated from URDU. I sent all the certificates. From NADRA, from  Council too. 

7 hours ago, laulholley said:

6 weeks today from second scan date.... hoping for some good news soon, but as NVC has recently updated their processing time to 8 weeks I won't hold my breath :dead:

Good luck, hopefully you'll bet your CC the soonest 

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

5 hours ago, laulholley said:

they said the n/a is not necessary, I just forgot to include them at all, just an oversight on my part. It is a legal document and all pages are required to make it valid, even if they were not filled out.

??? am sorry to hear that,i just hope if that's the only checklist, i just hope when they received it, it means the review should have been finished, since they wouldn't requestcklists one by one, am sure before they send a checklist they have checked each paper already. 

ROC

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

N-400 Honolulu Office

5 hours ago, sparker42 said:

What is the scan date?

Scan date is when you sent the documents, you paid the fees, submitted DS260, and you call NVC and they acknowledge them, they will give you a date, from that date, that's the counting and waiting start 

NVC number 001 603 334 07 00.  7:00am - 12:00am ET monday to friday

best time to call 7:00am 

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

2 hours ago, Kate_ said:

I requested a supervisor review also! I will call them later :(  my hubby is so upset. Lucky you, he said another 2 weeks, from what they told me, it may take up to another 6 weeks, 

hoping to get our CC's soon :( 

i also emailed congressman for an assistance 

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

should you like to try, (although, some said they never get a hold of one, but some said it works usually you'll hear fron NVC after a couple of days)

For me, it's better to try than sit and wait without doing anything :crying::crying:

:clock::clock:

Edited by R and KJ

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

Timeline
19 minutes ago, CDJames said:

Just got notify that my case was sent to department of state for visa processing march 14 

case was approved march 3, how long do I have to wait for NVC to received it??? Is it there already ??? 

@CDJames Are you referring to your I-130 petition? If it was sent to NVC on 3/14, then it will take about 1 - 2 weeks to reach NVC.

Then once NVC has it, they will enter the file into their system, and generate a Case #. This may take upto 6 weeks, but usually another 1 - 2 weeks. You will receive e-mail from NVC with your case number, and then you can go to CEAC website & start off by submitting your DS-261 Choice of Agent form.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

4 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

How did she get a hold of them today ? They are closed due to a snowstorm. Someone with scan date January 3rd had a CC last week. Keep us updated  . Good Luck. 

Scan Date January 18th

Hi Kate and  Zebracakex

hopefully we will have ours early next week ~praying

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

Scan Date January 18th

I do not know how but she did :)

lets hope for the best, good luck to you too!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.