dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

There was a winterstorm. Perhaps that is why?

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=3b5167170b06d5a5&hl=en&gl=SE&source=wweather

Edited by UsSwedlover

8 minutes ago, Auds said:

Is NVC closed today?? Tried calling twice that's what it said...  Any holiday in the US?

Yep.  Snowstorm. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! 

Checking in

Scan date: 1/19/2017

Moved up for review: 3/13/2017

I've been reading some people's cases sit in review for a few more weeks! I really hope that isn't the case. I've been calling about twice a week. I'm hoping for a CC soon!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, MrsEmm said:

Hi! 

Checking in

Scan date: 1/19/2017

Moved up for review: 3/13/2017

I've been reading some people's cases sit in review for a few more weeks! I really hope that isn't the case. I've been calling about twice a week. I'm hoping for a CC soon!! 

Hey did they move you to supervisor review yesterday ? Did you call ?

I was told to call after 8 weeks . My scan date is January 18th and 8 weeks would be tomorrow. Good luck. Hopefully we both get a CC soon. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Hey did they move you to supervisor review yesterday ? Did you call ?

I was told to call after 8 weeks . My scan date is January 18th and 8 weeks would be tomorrow. Good luck. Hopefully we both get a CC soon. 

I called yesterday, and I was actually calling to request a supervisor review (since this would be my 8th week) but the person on the phone told me my case was up for review. He also told me, if I didn't hear from the NVC by 3/21 or 22nd to give them a call back. I'll most likely call back by Friday or Monday. They had told me over the phone that you can request a supervisor review after hitting your 8 week mark, so if I were you I would do so if you don't get any movement in your case 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, claudia88031 said:

congrats! did you requested for supervisor review? 

Thank you, No I didn't request for a supervisor review. I'm wondering if priority dates have something to do with the order they review. I noticed when they responded to my inquiry they included my priority date of when I sent my case to USCIS, which was in May of last year. 

Hello Everyone. I received CKLST on January 21st. I had to submit the missing paperwork. They received it on January 26th. When I called them, they said it will take up to 6 Weeks. After few weeks, I called them then they said they changed the process time to 8 weeks now. My 8 Weeks will complete on 23rd March and it's still not in Review. I'd like to know that what should I do if it doesn't get in Review by 23rd March. I just had to submit the Marriage Certificate in Urdu. Before submitting again, I called them and they said that they don't need in Urdu but I still submitted it. I called them again in the same week of submitting and one representative told me that they were missing Urdu Marriage Certificate. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsEmm said:

I called yesterday, and I was actually calling to request a supervisor review (since this would be my 8th week) but the person on the phone told me my case was up for review. He also told me, if I didn't hear from the NVC by 3/21 or 22nd to give them a call back. I'll most likely call back by Friday or Monday. They had told me over the phone that you can request a supervisor review after hitting your 8 week mark, so if I were you I would do so if you don't get any movement in your case 

Seems like they are having a snow day today but, I will deff call them first thing in the morning. I really hope we both get a CC soon and make it on time for April interview. Thank you for replying to me. Appreciate it.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Debeg said:

Thank you, No I didn't request for a supervisor review. I'm wondering if priority dates have something to do with the order they review. I noticed when they responded to my inquiry they included my priority date of when I sent my case to USCIS, which was in May of last year. 

If thats the case my PD is March 29th, I should be getting CC soon. I have not seen this in a couple months... A CC without going in supervisor review or waiting 10 + weeks ???

YOU ARE SO LUCKY !!!!! :wub:

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Samad194 said:

Hello Everyone. I received CKLST on January 21st. I had to submit the missing paperwork. They received it on January 26th. When I called them, they said it will take up to 6 Weeks. After few weeks, I called them then they said they changed the process time to 8 weeks now. My 8 Weeks will complete on 23rd March and it's still not in Review. I'd like to know that what should I do if it doesn't get in Review by 23rd March. I just had to submit the Marriage Certificate in Urdu. Before submitting again, I called them and they said that they don't need in Urdu but I still submitted it. I called them again in the same week of submitting and one representative told me that they were missing Urdu Marriage Certificate. 

So did any other reps confirmed they have received the Urdu NIKAH NAMA or not ? You need to find that out first. If they received the document on January 26th, that is your NEW SCAN DATE. My scan date is January 18th ( 8 weeks tomorrow ) no CC's. Hang in there . Hopefully you and I will hear something soon. But, I would suggest calling them and finding out if they have received the NIKAH NAMA sounds like you were given conflicting info. Good Luck.  

1 minute ago, Zebracakex said:

So did any other reps confirmed they have received the Urdu NIKAH NAMA or not ? You need to find that out first. If they received the document on January 26th, that is your NEW SCAN DATE. My scan date is January 18th ( 8 weeks tomorrow ) no CC's. Hang in there . Hopefully you and I will hear something soon. But, I would suggest calling them and finding out if they have received the NIKAH NAMA sounds like you were given conflicting info. Good Luck.  

Well, According to one rep, this was the only thing missing but I still sent all the Marriage Certificates again including URDU Nikkah Nama. So What they scanned on January 26th was the package I sent with the URDU Nikkah Nama. I call them twice in week and they say the same thing that it's yet to go in Review. I will call them tomorrow. Please let me know what they say about your case since your 8 weeks will complete tomorrow. 

Good Luck

11 hours ago, UsSwedlover said:

Has anyone sent in their AOS/IV packet from overseas to the NVC in the US? I am waiting for my IV bill then I would like to send in these packets ASAP. However I am in Sweden with my SO. 

I can gather and print the documents and DHL them from Sweden NP or I can have a family member print out everything and mail it in from the USA. I really dont want to put the pressure on someone else let a lone not know if they get everything 100%. I just dont want some kinda of "red flag" happening because it was physically mailed from Sweden. 

Many of us file from abroad ... it would only be a potential red flag if you were from a travel ban country ... and even so, that would happen when they open it regardless of where the postage stamp is from. As you have to send the original i864 anyway I would just send it all from Sweden so you know it's all there. We sent ours from New Zealand, it took 6 days from leaving us to getting scanned in at NVC 

Edited by Thesmiths2016

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

8 hours ago, Debeg said:

asknvc@state.gov That's the email. All the best to you too! 

Best to use the secure form they provide ... I emailed the email address and they made me go back and do so. Type "asknvc" into google and it comes up 

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.