dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Wow ! thats wonderful. So happy for you. Can you please share the email address ? I will try to send an email inquiry too. Our scan date is January 18th , 8 weeks tomorrow. Praying to get CC soon.

Hopefully you will get an April interview. Good Luck.

asknvc@state.gov That's the email. All the best to you too! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Wow ! thats wonderful. So happy for you. Can you please share the email address ? I will try to send an email inquiry too. Our scan date is January 18th , 8 weeks tomorrow. Praying to get CC soon.

Hopefully you will get an April interview. Good Luck.

asknvc@state.gov That's the email. All the best to you too! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, UsSwedlover said:

Most of us have heard about people getting their green card like this, it was not worth the risk for us. Also we both work , so to have my wife come here and for the 90 days then wait for AoS would be straining financially and mentally for her, 

Great! I think this what I have to do for piece of mind. 

Yes..not worth the risk!!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 3/7/2017 at 6:08 PM, Ahmed & Amy said:

I hope you get CC soon as well. To be honest I had just checked ceac about 1.5 ago and no results and then I just checked it and there the infamous 3rd N/A.  Keep checking, you never know, you'll be surprised. :) I was said similar information last week, so you're very close.

May you please explain or be more specify because I don't understand what the 3rd N/A is and where are we suppose to check for this I am lost I appreciate everyone's guidelines they are very assuring but not clear with the jargon 

5 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

Hi fellow VJ'ers.  Posting here as I did a separate post but no one replied, so I thought I'd ask in our NVC forum.

Firstly let me say I understand how frustrating it is for all of you waiting, NVC are not exactly speedy.   I've contacted them by email to get confirmation of my paperwork arriving, and spoke to them on the phone, and one of my email responses said "please allow us up to 6 weeks to review your paperwork".  So because I have it in writing from them, I intended on contacting them when I hit 6 weeks from my scan date.   The email was sent to me when they'd already updated their website to 8 weeks.

That 6 week date passed today.

We have an approved expedite for when it goes to the consulate, to get an interview scheduled right away rather than waiting for the "scheduling week" and I was really hoping the NVC stage would be timely.  In 7 weeks my husband needs to be in the USA as he's in a wedding, and if I don't have my greencard then, I can't travel there with my daughter.  My husband would have to travel all the way back to New Zealand just for my interview at quite a cost.  Therefore as you can imagine, we really want to get through the interview and receive my visa (and book flights) to get us all there by early May.

I'm wondering though .. I have two options.
1)  Contact NVC and ask where it's at given its been 6 weeks, and quote the email and date they advised me of that timeline.  This may push it into "supervisor review"
2)  Wait til 8 weeks as per their website and then do the above.

I'm wondering what your opinion is (especially if someone has been through it before).  If i do option 1, do I risk it going into ANOTHER queue? The queue for supervisor review, and therefore pushing the time out to a further 6 weeks?  If that's the case, I'm wondering if its best to just sit here and wait, and be hopeful that 8 weeks is the new 10-12 weeks we were hearing about so much.

I didn't see if someone already responded to this, but I would say that calling now or waiting two weeks is not going to change anything.  From what I know and have been through with the NVC, it is just going to take however long its going to take - which at the moment seems like 10-12 weeks, they just give people these "6-8 weeks" time frames to call them down, get them off the phone, etc.  It's like parents telling children "in 20 minutes".  Whether you are placed into supervisor review now or in 2 weeks, they will still tell you that after going into "supervisor review" they have 6-8 weeks to review it.

With your given timeline, my unprofessional opinion is that you won't be able to get case complete, get an interview and obtain a visa with 7 weeks.  But like I said, its just an unprofessional opinion, and the best route is likely the congressman route.  Also a thing to note is that the US citizen does not need to attend the interview at the consulate, it can be helpful to have them there but is not required.

Married: April 20th, 2016

I-130 Petition Sent: April 24th, 2016

NOA1 Received: May 17th, 2016

NOA2 Received: Sept 12th, 2016

----------

NVC Received: October 11th, 2016

NVC Case Number Assigned: October 19th, 2016

IV and AOS Fees Paid: October 28th, 2016

DS-260 Submitted: November 4th, 2016

Scan Date: November 9th, 2016

Supervisor Review: December 21st, 2016

Medical Exam Complete: January 9th, 2017

Checklist Received: January 10th, 2017

New Scan Date: January 24th, 2017

Contacted Congressman Aid: February 24th, 2017

Expedite Approved; Case sent to Auckland Consulate: March 27th, 2017

Interview Scheduled: 4/3/17 

----------

Interview Date: 4/18/17

Visa in Hand:

Date of US Entry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, UsSwedlover said:

Has anyone sent in their AOS/IV packet from overseas to the NVC in the US? I am waiting for my IV bill then I would like to send in these packets ASAP. However I am in Sweden with my SO. 

I can gather and print the documents and DHL them from Sweden NP or I can have a family member print out everything and mail it in from the USA. I really dont want to put the pressure on someone else let a lone not know if they get everything 100%. I just dont want some kinda of "red flag" happening because it was physically mailed from Sweden. 

it doesnt matter where you send the packet from, domestic or overseas, just make sure you are able to track the package, and call the nvc a day after they received to confirm and get your scan date. good luck! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Debeg said:

I called last night and confirmed, our case is complete ?, he said all our paperwork looked good. I sent an email inquiry on 2/22/2017, they responded 3/14/2017 that it was currently being reviewed and when I checked at the end of the day, I saw I had the other N/A. The rep says we will receive an email with the interview date when they get one from the embassy. Praying everyone who is waiting gets their cc soon.

congrats! did you requested for supervisor review? 

Edited by claudia88031

Timeline

hi guys, after calling nvc and got my scan date(march 2nd), when should i call to follow up my case? I saw people saying " to call them regularly to make sure my case is on track", does that mean within certain time frame i should call to follow up if my case is at the reviewing process, or is with a supervisor? sorry this is a little confusing. thanks ahead for the help! 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, sparker42 said:

May you please explain or be more specify because I don't understand what the 3rd N/A is and where are we suppose to check for this I am lost I appreciate everyone's guidelines they are very assuring but not clear with the jargon 

when you log in to the ceac website (https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx), you can see two N/As now, when your case is completed, you should see the third N/A under "Affidavit of Support Fee". that's how you know you have a cc. good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 minutes ago, claudia88031 said:

when you log in to the ceac website (https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx), you can see two N/As now, when your case is completed, you should see the third N/A under "Affidavit of Support Fee". that's how you know you have a cc. good luck! 

Thank you much so under the word paid? I am looking at it now ...as you can tell ....jejejjejejeje awww man

Timeline
1 minute ago, sparker42 said:

Thank you much so under the word paid? I am looking at it now ...as you can tell ....jejejjejejeje awww man

haha yeah so PAID would become N/A after your case is completed! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Andy & Mike said:

\

I noticed you got a checklist. Do you mind sharing what it was for ? I am trying to get a good idea why we get them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Debeg said:

Hello,

So I have been following these discussions for a while. Just wanted to give some hope.

Scan date: 1/20/2017

I saw 3 N/A's today, I check everyday, I haven't called as yet to confirm but based on what I see from others, this should be a good sign ?

That's amazing!!! Congratulations! Your scan date is actually after mine (1/13), so this gives me a lot of hope that our CC is just around the corner. Good luck with your interview :)

47 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

I noticed you got a checklist. Do you mind sharing what it was for ? I am trying to get a good idea why we get them.

I received a checklist because the NVC did not receive a copy of the police clearance certificate from the Auckland Consulate (NZ specific process).  I requested that the consulate send the PCC to the NVC back in October, but i failed to attach our case number cover sheet in my request, so the consulate did nothing....  that missing attachment in an email sent in October has is the reason i'm going through this wonderful process all over again :)  It sucks that this was the ONE document i couldn't just send in myself but had to rely on others to do.

Married: April 20th, 2016

I-130 Petition Sent: April 24th, 2016

NOA1 Received: May 17th, 2016

NOA2 Received: Sept 12th, 2016

----------

NVC Received: October 11th, 2016

NVC Case Number Assigned: October 19th, 2016

IV and AOS Fees Paid: October 28th, 2016

DS-260 Submitted: November 4th, 2016

Scan Date: November 9th, 2016

Supervisor Review: December 21st, 2016

Medical Exam Complete: January 9th, 2017

Checklist Received: January 10th, 2017

New Scan Date: January 24th, 2017

Contacted Congressman Aid: February 24th, 2017

Expedite Approved; Case sent to Auckland Consulate: March 27th, 2017

Interview Scheduled: 4/3/17 

----------

Interview Date: 4/18/17

Visa in Hand:

Date of US Entry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Andy & Mike said:

I received a checklist because the NVC did not receive a copy of the police clearance certificate from the Auckland Consulate (NZ specific process).  I requested that the consulate send the PCC to the NVC back in October, but i failed to attach our case number cover sheet in my request, so the consulate did nothing....  that missing attachment in an email sent in October has is the reason i'm going through this wonderful process all over again :)  It sucks that this was the ONE document i couldn't just send in myself but had to rely on others to do.

Oh wow, I had no idea some consulates have to send documents in specific countries... I am really sorry to hear that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.