dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kate_ said:

NVC received my documents on January 6, and no progress since then...

But lets stay positive! I can see here that people get their CC with later dates than mine, so everything is possible.

when is your scan date Kate? thanks for your support, this whole process is a challenge to my patience. hope you get your cc as soon as possible, i see that it normally takes 10-12 weeks, so you should be expecting your cc soon! good luck

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, claudia88031 said:

when is your scan date Kate? thanks for your support, this whole process is a challenge to my patience. hope you get your cc as soon as possible, i see that it normally takes 10-12 weeks, so you should be expecting your cc soon! good luck

They confirmed that they received the package on January 6. The response was like we have to many applications at this time - so please wait 6 weeks (I think it is their standard answer). Now it has been 10 weeks and their response is the same... just frustrating...

You may also email them to ask if they received your package. Good luck, Claudia!

Fingers crossed for faster outcome for everybody here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

NVC received my DS 260 on February 24th and my civil documents on March 1st.  I see people mention "scan dates".  What does that mean and how do you know if your case is under review with a supervisor?  

Also what does the "NA" mean?  People state that when they have three "NA"'s their case is closed.  Thanks for your help.

13 minutes ago, Elguero5 said:

NVC received my DS 260 on February 24th and my civil documents on March 1st.  I see people mention "scan dates".  What does that mean and how do you know if your case is under review with a supervisor?  

Also what does the "NA" mean?  People state that when they have three "NA"'s their case is closed.  Thanks for your help.

Your scan date is when your documents are received at NVC. The latest date is the most current scan date.  After 8 weeks if your file is not complete you can request a supervisor review. If you look at CEAC DS 260 online visa application page it will display 3 N/A's when your file has been reviewed and it's complete.

Edited by VeVe

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Kate_ said:

They confirmed that they received the package on January 6. The response was like we have to many applications at this time - so please wait 6 weeks (I think it is their standard answer). Now it has been 10 weeks and their response is the same... just frustrating...

You may also email them to ask if they received your package. Good luck, Claudia!

Fingers crossed for faster outcome for everybody here!

i will ask my husband to call nvc on monday to ask for scan date. i will keep you updated! finger crossed xx

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Elguero5 said:

to my understanding, scan date basically just the date nvc confirms they have received your packet, and that it is beginning to be reviewed. So the 8-12 weeks review time will be added on the "scan date", not on the actual date nvc received your packet. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, VeVe said:

Your scan date is when your documents are received at NVC. The latest date is the most current scan date.  After 8 weeks if your file is not complete you can request a supervisor review. If you look at CEAC DS 260 online visa application page it will display 3 N/A's when your file has been reviewed and it's complete.

OK I assume the page you are referring to online is ceac.gov.state right?  It only shows that my next step is to submit the documents (even though I already have) and the instructions on how to submit them. There is no date that shows that that the documents were received even though a woman at NVC told me they were received on March 1.  There is a link to check NVC status but it takes me to a page that basically only has FAQ, nothing to check the actual status.  Will the ceac.gov.state page update with the status as the case moves forward?  Thanks for your help!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Elguero5 said:

OK I assume the page you are referring to online is ceac.gov.state right?  It only shows that my next step is to submit the documents (even though I already have) and the instructions on how to submit them. There is no date that shows that that the documents were received even though a woman at NVC told me they were received on March 1.  There is a link to check NVC status but it takes me to a page that basically only has FAQ, nothing to check the actual status.  Will the ceac.gov.state page update with the status as the case moves forward?  Thanks for your help!

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx here you can see on the right bottom corner (under the case number) where your application is.

Also I found another link where you can check how your case is moving forward: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Scan day - is the day when NVC received the whole package (confirmation email if you used email to send your documents).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Elguero5 said:

Once the nvc receive your documents there is nothing to update they will sit there for about 10 weeks until someone review them , you gonna keep seeing the message that says send your documents until your case is complete then it will change to at nvc , the only way to find out when they received your documents is to call .

To find out when your case is complete before they send you an email keep checking the ceac website , right now under AOS fee  it says paid  it will change to n/a if you see that call them to confirm. 

Here is an example of mine:Screenshot_2017-03-12-20-30-49.thumb.png.698d393c22d49d60f3148ac95a1144ff.png

Edited by AMINE1980

Timeline
15 minutes ago, AMINE1980 said:

Once the nvc receive your documents there is nothing to update they will sit there for about 10 weeks until someone review them , you gonna keep seeing the message that says send your documents until your case is complete then it will change to at nvc , the only way to find out when they received your documents is to call .

To find out when your case is complete before they send you an email keep checking the ceac website , right now under AOS fee  it says paid  it will change to n/a if you see that call them to confirm. 

Here is an example of mine:Screenshot_2017-03-12-20-30-49.thumb.png.698d393c22d49d60f3148ac95a1144ff.png

OK thanks everyone!  For my affidavit of support documents and financial evidence it shows N/A and it also says N/A for civil documents.  Does that mean I'm just waiting for one more N/A and then the case will be submitted to the consulate?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Elguero5 said:

OK thanks everyone!  For my affidavit of support documents and financial evidence it shows N/A and it also says N/A for civil documents.  Does that mean I'm just waiting for one more N/A and then the case will be submitted to the consulate?  

Yes 

On 3/2/2017 at 8:25 PM, JKLP said:

Hi they will send of a checklist of the documents they need..some are sending aos and iv packet separately but my advise is just to keep them and send them in one file ?

Thank you for the advice. Now does each person have to fill out the Checklist or just the person getting the Visa? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline

Hey there, I finally received a case complete and had my case forwarded to the embassy. However, it doesn't look like the embassy has received it yet (im tracking on the DHL site) even though it says "Ready" on the ceac website. 

Any idea when when I should expect that interview letter? I sent them 2 emails and also called, but have not received a response yet. 

I cant call the NVC for assistance or find out the interview date because our case was expedited, so I have to directly communicate with the embassy :/ 

does anyone have any experience with that? 

Unfortunately, the new travel ban will be affecting our case once it goes to affect this week as well. Not really sure what to do. 

11 hours ago, Nassar86 said:

NVC received our package in last Monday 6th,March.

How long dose NVC take to scan our documents? 

and, How can we know the scan date? 

make sure to call them 00 1 603 334 0700 and ask them,

if they say it's still not with them, call them again and again until they said they received it and gave you your scan date.

it is best to call around ET 7:00 - 8:00 am to avoid long wait mon-friday

Good luck

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Elguero5 said:

That is correct.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.