dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

@vintash I know exactly how you feel, so much for NVC processing them "in order in which they're received"... Praying that we both get our CCs soon. I can feel them coming today! I've been waiting for almost a year now to visit spouse.

@Noor881  Seems like you're going to have a co-sponsor. So you'll have to use i-864. This link will help you in determining which form you should use (click on "Complete an Affidavit of Support form" drop down menu), and what additional evidence you'll have to submit as well (under "Obtain financial evidence" menu).

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

@UsSwedlover

Transit Answer: Yes, I think you may be right. Even though the file may be delivered to NVC, it might still be waiting to be scanned into their system. When mine was sent to NVC,I called & was told that they had received my file that same day, but hadn't scanned it in yet. A few days later I received the welcome e-mail.

AOS Answer: In my opinion, if you're earning enough to not require a co-sponsor, then don't add one. You still have your job right now. God forbid, in the event that you do get a lay off, then during the interview your spouse can take the updated AOS documents. Also, if you send your initial AOS package before you file your 2016 taxes, you can use 2015 taxes as the latest tax year info. However, if the interview is scheduled after the tax deadline (April 18, 2017), then your spouse will have to take the 2016 tax filings & the updated AOS as well. If in the event you do get a lay off by then, then you can include a co-sponsor at that time. Also, if you have enough assets, i.e. deposits in bank, stock portfolio, home & etc... you can include that to meet the income limit as well. You can find the details in the i-864 instructions page https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

IV Answer: NVC doesn't require originals, they only need copies. Originals are required at the interview. Even if you have the originals, you shouldn't send them to NVC, as you'll need them during the interview.

As for sending directly to the embassy instead of NVC, I don't think you can do that. Most embassies don't accept cases directly, not sure if Swedish embassy is different, it may be. You should inquire at the embassy where your interview will be scheduled.

@Zebracakex I asked for a supervisor all back in 1st week of February, never got one. Then I requested another one late last week, & supervisor called back the next day. She was nice, apologized for the delay & asked me to wait till the end of this week. She even gave me her name & her shift timing. Hoping that those hours are real & she wan't just making that up, lol

Would you mind sharing supervisor's name and shift timing?. Really need to speak with a supervisor badly regarding my issue.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, vintash said:

Yah I had spoke to a supervisor also and gave me time and name he works. Then asked twice for them to call back and nothing. I'm losing it. And I'm going to. All after work today and ask again. I need answers and I need hope. I thought it would've happened already! God I hope it's this week. I don't want to see it going on longer. Why haven't you seen for a year? Because of this stage ?

Yes I hope it's this week, & it's today!... I haven't seen because at first, I had to come back to US so I can start this process & in between I couldn't get time off from work. Then I could finally get time off but our file was at NVC already by that time, & so I thought NVC will be done quickly, so I'll just wait a few more weeks, & then just go when the interview is scheduled.... But NVC keeps on dragging & I have to keep on delaying. My original expectation was that interview will be in late February, or early March, & mid March at the latest. Now it looks like it will be mid-late April... If NVC get's its act together & completes the case.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

Yes I hope it's this week, & it's today!... I haven't seen because at first, I had to come back to US so I can start this process & in between I couldn't get time off from work. Then I could finally get time off but our file was at NVC already by that time, & so I thought NVC will be done quickly, so I'll just wait a few more weeks, & then just go when the interview is scheduled.... But NVC keeps on dragging & I have to keep on delaying. My original expectation was that interview will be in late February, or early March, & mid March at the latest. Now it looks like it will be mid-late April... If NVC get's its act together & completes the case.

Omg I thought the same exact thing.  Fortunately I was able to go. Ack and forth with him and see him frequently but still our life is at a stand still. I thought we would've had an interview the same timing as well. Now it better be April. I ask him everyday if today is the day! I hope it is. I remember talking to an agent and they said something like on march 7 th is last day of something but I didn't hear. I'm jus holding onto the fact that today is the 7th and something has to happen! Im dreaming about it I had a dream last night I woke up and saw the 3 n/as I was crying and so happy. I woke up and checked and am disappointed. Do you think it'll happen soon? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Would you mind sharing supervisor's name and shift timing?. Really need to speak with a supervisor badly regarding my issue.

I had written the name in my notebook, it's not with me at the moment. I do remember it started with 'A' & that she works from 3 pm - 12 am, EST.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, vintash said:

Omg I thought the same exact thing.  Fortunately I was able to go. Ack and forth with him and see him frequently but still our life is at a stand still. I thought we would've had an interview the same timing as well. Now it better be April. I ask him everyday if today is the day! I hope it is. I remember talking to an agent and they said something like on march 7 th is last day of something but I didn't hear. I'm jus holding onto the fact that today is the 7th and something has to happen! Im dreaming about it I had a dream last night I woke up and saw the 3 n/as I was crying and so happy. I woke up and checked and am disappointed. Do you think it'll happen soon? 

I really hope something happens today. It better! Otherwise they're not going to like what I have to say

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/5/2017 at 1:37 PM, Tanish said:

I'm sure you have your reason for the hold up, but try to send 'em asap. You should know the wait time after reading so many posts about them.

Yeah, I don't have my joint sponsor's most recent tax returns. I have 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

AOS Answer: In my opinion, if you're earning enough to not require a co-sponsor, then don't add one. You still have your job right now. God forbid, in the event that you do get a lay off, then during the interview your spouse can take the updated AOS documents. Also, if you send your initial AOS package before you file your 2016 taxes, you can use 2015 taxes as the latest tax year info. However, if the interview is scheduled after the tax deadline (April 18, 2017), then your spouse will have to take the 2016 tax filings & the updated AOS as well. If in the event you do get a lay off by then, then you can include a co-sponsor at that time. Also, if you have enough assets, i.e. deposits in bank, stock portfolio, home & etc... you can include that to meet the income limit as well. You can find the details in the i-864 instructions page https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

I am waiting on a family friend to assist with my taxes due to some contracting work deductions , and I have said as long as its done before the 18th... My mistake now. It seems to me that the quickest course of action is get the required documents to the NVC and then get them any additional forms/documents at the time of the interview. The only thing that would suck is if I got a checklist for my 2016 transcript if it was still in review after April 2016. Can they do that?

Also thank you for all this. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

I am waiting on a family friend to assist with my taxes due to some contracting work deductions , and I have said as long as its done before the 18th... My mistake now. It seems to me that the quickest course of action is get the required documents to the NVC and then get them any additional forms/documents at the time of the interview. The only thing that would suck is if I got a checklist for my 2016 transcript if it was still in review after April 2016. Can they do that?

Also thank you for all this. 

There is always a chance , plus it's going to be another 2 or 3 weeks before you finish paying your fees so I suggest wait until you get your taxes to send your documents .

On 3/6/2017 at 4:44 PM, TeeA10 said:

I know right? You get the same generic reply all the time to both emails and calls. I'm kind of surprised when people say they were told there case was being actively reviewed. I have asked that question several times and i was told each time they do not have any access to that info and can't tell by checking the system. I just know this is my week!

On 3/6/2017 at 8:01 PM, AMINE1980 said:

Second scan Dec 28 still waiting for them to review one document what a nightmare this is  , Week 10 and counting .

@TeeA10 & @AMINE1980 Hopefully we will get CC this week! We still have a couple more days left :P 

On 3/6/2017 at 10:15 PM, BethyWink said:

3 N/As as of today!!!  How soon should the CC email arrive?  Does anyone know?

22 hours ago, depressedgirl said:

I got case complete today! Yay! Scan date was 23 Dec. 

15 hours ago, thegreatphoenix said:

So I just logged in and saw my 3rd N/A!!! :D My husband called to confirm and the rep said that they had just started scheduling April interviews today. Hopefully I get an April date as well!

Scan Date:                  12/23/2016

Supervisor Review:     02/08/2017
Review Department:   02/27/2017
Case Complete:          03/06/2017 

Today also just happens to be my birthday. BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER! :D

To everyone still waiting, you guys will get your cc's soon now. Will be checking in here to share information that you guys will probably want to know in case there's anything unconventional about my next two processes (medical and interview) so you can prepare well ahead of time. Good luck to all of us! :) 

5 hours ago, solesito873 said:

Hello Everyone!! :)

I checked this morning and I have a CC!!! I am so happy.

Documents received: December 12th
Supervisor: Jan 30th

CC: March 7

4 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

Hey everyone,

My cousin with scan date 12/09 has CC as of this morning 03/07 :jest: This gives me hope and I hope others too who are waiting with similar scan dates. She called and confirmed it . They haven't scheduled an interview yet. Will keep you guys updated.

I should probably have her make a timeline here B-) lol .

Also, congratulations to everyone with CCs. We are soooooo close :wub:

My Scan Date is January 18th.

Congratulations @BethyWink @depressedgirl @thegreatphoenix @solesito873  on your CC's wish you tons of luck in your coming interviews! :dance:

@Zebracakex Congratulations to your cousin getting CC, hopefully yours will be here soon too :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I just got my 3rd N/A!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Calling to confirm cc now.

Omg you did ?!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I hope I'm soon I literally got off the phone with them right now and nothing happened. The rep said she spoke to her supervisor and her supervisor said they will escalate it and see what's happening but what does that even mean? I'm sitting hear hopeless and in tears again. 

Just now, vintash said:

Omg you did ?!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I hope I'm soon I literally got off the phone with them right now and nothing happened. The rep said she spoke to her supervisor and her supervisor said they will escalate it and see what's happening but what does that even mean? I'm sitting hear hopeless and in tears again. 

I hope you get CC soon as well. To be honest I had just checked ceac about 1.5 ago and no results and then I just checked it and there the infamous 3rd N/A.  Keep checking, you never know, you'll be surprised. :) I was said similar information last week, so you're very close.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
13 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

Its a standard response they just started using, instead of the previous '' At NVC''. It simply means your case is waiting ti be reviewed.

I am assuming once this message goes away, it means the case has completed?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.