dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, solesito873 said:

Hello Everyone!! :)

I checked this morning and I have a CC!!! I am so happy.

Documents received: December 12th
Supervisor: Jan 30th

CC: March 7

Congrats!!

Interview date ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dz.bilel said:

Congrats!!

Interview date ?

I called and I don't have a date scheduled. I hope they will give me one for April but not sure if its to late into the month. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
35 minutes ago, solesito873 said:

Hello Everyone!! :)

I checked this morning and I have a CC!!! I am so happy.

Documents received: December 12th
Supervisor: Jan 30th

CC: March 7

Congratulations!!!

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
38 minutes ago, BethyWink said:

CLOSED COMPLETED As of yesterday!! 

Congratulations!!!

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My cousin with scan date 12/09 has CC as of this morning 03/07 :jest: This gives me hope and I hope others too who are waiting with similar scan dates. She called and confirmed it . They haven't scheduled an interview yet. Will keep you guys updated.

I should probably have her make a timeline here B-) lol .

Also, congratulations to everyone with CCs. We are soooooo close :wub:

My Scan Date is January 18th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@solesito873 & @Zebracakex Congrats guys & thanks for updating!!! This is keeping me hopeful

I've been waiting since 12/08

Edited by Mr&MrsKhiladi

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Looking at the case completions here, it seems that case completion takes about 3 months from the time you submit documents to NVC

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

@solesito873 & @Zebracakex Congrats guys & thanks for updating!!! This is keeping me hopeful

Me too. I'm so anxious. I'm literally checking to see the n/as everytime I see someone get one. Why are they doing before and after our dates ! I can't take it it's been six months since my wedding and i really didn't think getting the interview would take this long. My heart hurts and I'm a wreck ! 

Where do we check for CC?

i also wanted to know when submitting the i864 which ones do I fill out.

currently im unemployed n done file taxes and living with my dad. 

So which forms will I fill out n which one will he do?

i have paid the IV fees now have to submit the visa application n submit all document to nvc 

thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Noor881 said:

i have paid the IV fees now have to submit the visa application n submit all document to nvc 

thanks 

Both of you have to fill out form I 864 , you as a sponsor and your dad as co sponsor and each one of  you send the required documents with each form.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Greetings All, 

I am new to the NVC side as I finally got my approval at the end of Feb. I have a couple questions about the current status and the future. Maybe some one who has made it to CC can answer them.

Transit question:  

My i-130 was sent from the USCIS to NVC on the 27th of Feb. NVC has not "received" it as of today. Is this Normal? I know snail mail is slow but over a week to go from texas to vermont seems a little extra slow. Perhaps its just in a pile waiting to be entered as "received"?

AOS Questions:
I am on the fence about adding a sponsor. I've easily made enough the last 10 years. However , I would hate to have problems as my job has potential to do a lay off in the next 5 months. The sponsor would be my safety net in the unlikely scenario of this happening. Is it worth doing ? I would have to have them scan in their forms and email them as we don't life together. 

If you do have a sponsor , do you combine your incomes on the i-864?

I do not plan on doing my taxes until April , how important is it that I have this years returns?

IV Quesion: 

Since the beneficiary is out of country it is not really feasible to have original documents mailed across the world. Will the NVC accept scanned in to PDF then printed and mailed documents? 

Lastly, Is there any way to send the documents to the embassy instead of the Vermont? I will be visiting my SO until May this would save me a lot of headache of having someone send from USA on my behalf. I very much doubt this is an option but I thought i'd ask. 

Thank you got a head of time for any answer you have. USCIS was a fiasco and I hope to get through the NVC without too much trouble. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

Thank you. My cousin called last week a few times and requested to speak to a supervisor. Just a few minutes ago one called and said they reviewed the paperwork this morning and her case is complete and she will get an April interview scheduled. Seems like calling a supervisor did help a little. I would suggest for you to try. I know its a longggg shot but still.. Good Luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

Greetings All, 

I am new to the NVC side as I finally got my approval at the end of Feb. I have a couple questions about the current status and the future. Maybe some one who has made it to CC can answer them.

Transit question:  

My i-130 was sent from the USCIS to NVC on the 27th of Feb. NVC has not "received" it as of today. Is this Normal? I know snail mail is slow but over a week to go from texas to vermont seems a little extra slow. Perhaps its just in a pile waiting to be entered as "received"?

AOS Questions:
I am on the fence about adding a sponsor. I've easily made enough the last 10 years. However , I would hate to have problems as my job has potential to do a lay off in the next 5 months. The sponsor would be my safety net in the unlikely scenario of this happening. Is it worth doing ? I would have to have them scan in their forms and email them as we don't life together. 

If you do have a sponsor , do you combine your incomes on the i-864?

I do not plan on doing my taxes until April , how important is it that I have this years returns?

IV Quesion: 

Since the beneficiary is out of country it is not really feasible to have original documents mailed across the world. Will the NVC accept scanned in to PDF then printed and mailed documents? 

Lastly, Is there any way to send the documents to the embassy instead of the Vermont? I will be visiting my SO until May this would save me a lot of headache of having someone send from USA on my behalf. I very much doubt this is an option but I thought i'd ask. 

Thank you got a head of time for any answer you have. USCIS was a fiasco and I hope to get through the NVC without too much trouble. 

I wouldn't worry about co sponsor right now but you gonna need your 2016 taxes to avoid any delays, you only need copies to send to nvc but you need to take the originals to the interview, I wish we could all have the option to send documents to the embassy but no everything has to go through nvc . Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, vintash said:

Me too. I'm so anxious. I'm literally checking to see the n/as everytime I see someone get one. Why are they doing before and after our dates ! I can't take it it's been six months since my wedding and i really didn't think getting the interview would take this long. My heart hurts and I'm a wreck ! 

@vintash I know exactly how you feel, so much for NVC processing them "in order in which they're received"... Praying that we both get our CCs soon. I can feel them coming today! I've been waiting for almost a year now to visit spouse.

29 minutes ago, Noor881 said:

thanks 

@Noor881  Seems like you're going to have a co-sponsor. So you'll have to use i-864. This link will help you in determining which form you should use (click on "Complete an Affidavit of Support form" drop down menu), and what additional evidence you'll have to submit as well (under "Obtain financial evidence" menu).

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

21 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

Greetings All, 

@UsSwedlover

Transit Answer: Yes, I think you may be right. Even though the file may be delivered to NVC, it might still be waiting to be scanned into their system. When mine was sent to NVC,I called & was told that they had received my file that same day, but hadn't scanned it in yet. A few days later I received the welcome e-mail.

AOS Answer: In my opinion, if you're earning enough to not require a co-sponsor, then don't add one. You still have your job right now. God forbid, in the event that you do get a lay off, then during the interview your spouse can take the updated AOS documents. Also, if you send your initial AOS package before you file your 2016 taxes, you can use 2015 taxes as the latest tax year info. However, if the interview is scheduled after the tax deadline (April 18, 2017), then your spouse will have to take the 2016 tax filings & the updated AOS as well. If in the event you do get a lay off by then, then you can include a co-sponsor at that time. Also, if you have enough assets, i.e. deposits in bank, stock portfolio, home & etc... you can include that to meet the income limit as well. You can find the details in the i-864 instructions page https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

IV Answer: NVC doesn't require originals, they only need copies. Originals are required at the interview. Even if you have the originals, you shouldn't send them to NVC, as you'll need them during the interview.

As for sending directly to the embassy instead of NVC, I don't think you can do that. Most embassies don't accept cases directly, not sure if Swedish embassy is different, it may be. You should inquire at the embassy where your interview will be scheduled.

13 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Thank you. My cousin called last week a few times and requested to speak to a supervisor. Just a few minutes ago one called and said they reviewed the paperwork this morning and her case is complete and she will get an April interview scheduled. Seems like calling a supervisor did help a little. I would suggest for you to try. I know its a longggg shot but still.. Good Luck

@Zebracakex I asked for a supervisor all back in 1st week of February, never got one. Then I requested another one late last week, & supervisor called back the next day. She was nice, apologized for the delay & asked me to wait till the end of this week. She even gave me her name & her shift timing. Hoping that those hours are real & she wan't just making that up, lol

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

@vintash I know exactly how you feel, so much for NVC processing them "in order in which they're received"... Praying that we both get our CCs soon. I can feel them coming today! I've been waiting for almost a year now to visit spouse.

@Noor881  Seems like you're going to have a co-sponsor. So you'll have to use i-864. This link will help you in determining which form you should use (click on "Complete an Affidavit of Support form" drop down menu), and what additional evidence you'll have to submit as well (under "Obtain financial evidence" menu).

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

@UsSwedlover

Transit Answer: Yes, I think you may be right. Even though the file may be delivered to NVC, it might still be waiting to be scanned into their system. When mine was sent to NVC,I called & was told that they had received my file that same day, but hadn't scanned it in yet. A few days later I received the welcome e-mail.

AOS Answer: In my opinion, if you're earning enough to not require a co-sponsor, then don't add one. You still have your job right now. God forbid, in the event that you do get a lay off, then during the interview your spouse can take the updated AOS documents. Also, if you send your initial AOS package before you file your 2016 taxes, you can use 2015 taxes as the latest tax year info. However, if the interview is scheduled after the tax deadline (April 18, 2017), then your spouse will have to take the 2016 tax filings & the updated AOS as well. If in the event you do get a lay off by then, then you can include a co-sponsor at that time. Also, if you have enough assets, i.e. deposits in bank, stock portfolio, home & etc... you can include that to meet the income limit as well. You can find the details in the i-864 instructions page https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

IV Answer: NVC doesn't require originals, they only need copies. Originals are required at the interview. Even if you have the originals, you shouldn't send them to NVC, as you'll need them during the interview.

As for sending directly to the embassy instead of NVC, I don't think you can do that. Most embassies don't accept cases directly, not sure if Swedish embassy is different, it may be. You should inquire at the embassy where your interview will be scheduled.

@Zebracakex I asked for a supervisor all back in 1st week of February, never got one. Then I requested another one late last week, & supervisor called back the next day. She was nice, apologized for the delay & asked me to wait till the end of this week. She even gave me her name & her shift timing. Hoping that those hours are real & she wan't just making that up, lol

Yah I had spoke to a supervisor also and gave me time and name he works. Then asked twice for them to call back and nothing. I'm losing it. And I'm going to. All after work today and ask again. I need answers and I need hope. I thought it would've happened already! God I hope it's this week. I don't want to see it going on longer. Why haven't you seen for a year? Because of this stage ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.