dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone. I had initially posted this yesterday, as a question  for Nigerian VJers, however,  i need advise of anyone who has been in a similar situation or has any useful tips.

I called  NVC to check up on my petition, as i do weekly and found out i have a checklist for birth certificates. Being an EB-5 petition, i had used a lawyer, as it's kind of more complicated than family -based petitions. Anyways, i called my lawyers immediately to let them know, as i was sure we had sent itn birth certificates to NVC.

My lawyer called them and was able to confirm that they are requesting fro a birth certificate issued by NPC, The National Population Commission, as opposed to the one issued by my Local Government which is the one i sent in. The problem is that NPC was established in 1988 and only started issuing BCs in 1992, years after i was born, and so cannot issue my birth certificate.

On the Nigerian consulate website, https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NI.html it did state and i quote exactly as is on their website below:

''Alternate Documents: For people born prior to 1979 or in some cases prior to 1988, a birth certificate issued by a Local Government Authority or a hospital or a baptismal certificate is acceptable. There is also the National Population Commission Attestation of Birth Certificate issued to people whose birth occurred before 1979 when the National Population Commission issued birth certificate was first introduced as a pilot program. Any of these is acceptable.

This means that my local government birth certificate is acceptable and the checklist is an error on the part of NVC. Having established this, how do i go about convincing NVC to change their decision. I know a few VJers have had the same country specific issues and have been able to resolve same by talking to supervisors. I tried that yesterday, but was not able to reach one. I plan to start calling again today very early and hope to be able to reach a supervisor that wil be willing to listen to me and ultimately be convinced. My lawyer thinks we should resend the birth certificates and the website evidence that they are acceptable. However, i know this will reset our scan date and we may have to wait another 10-12 weeks, which i'm really scared of as i cant afford another 10 weeks.as we got this checklist after waiting almost 11 weeks. I have also, asked my lawyers to call back and try and resolve this with a supervisor, as well..

So sorry this is very long, i really need any useful advice and tips on how to handle this one.

Has any other Nigerian had the same experience and how did you resolve this?

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Does anyone know why I am getting this message when I check NVC case status? I have already submitted everything to NVC a month ago and they have confirmed that they have received everything needed and reviewing it, but online it tells me this:

Action required: Submit requested documents
Immigrant Visa Case Number:  

On 2017-02-08, the National Visa Center (NVC) received your Form DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application).
Next steps:
Gather the documents below and send them to us in one (1) envelope or email. Instructions on how to send us your documents are online at https://nvc.state.gov/submit. Do not send these documents separately or it will delay your case processing time.
NOTE: If you already sent NVC the financial and civil documents for your case, please go to https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents/nvc-self-tracker.html for information on your case status. Keep in mind that if you recently submitted documents, NVC may still be reviewing them.
  1. Step 1: Your Petitioner selects and complete Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support). (See detailed instructions)
  2. Step 2: Your Petitioner collects photocopies of financial documents showing income level (example: their federal U.S. tax return, W-2 form). (See detailed instructions)
  3. Step 3: Collect photocopies of your civil documents (example: copy of your birth certificate, passport). (See detailed instructions)
  4. Step 4: Submit the documents above to the National Visa Center (NVC) in one package. (See detailed instructions)
  5. Step 5: Submit documents to the National Visa Center
    • Send 1 envelope to:
      National Visa Center
      Attn: Document Review
      31 Rochester Ave Suite 100
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914
Our current time to review submitted documents is 30 days. However, NVC will not review your file until we have received your form DS-260, the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicant's civil documents. At that time, we will let you know by letter or email if there is anything that is missing or incomplete.
Please note:
  • Your case will not advance until you complete the step(s) above.
  • If there is no activity on your case for one (1) year, your case will enter termination. If your case is terminated, you will have to restart the process and repay fees.
  • If you move or change your address, we will not be able to provide updated information and your case may be terminated. To update your address, please use our online form at http://nvc.state.gov/ask. You can also call +1-603-334-0700 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) Monday through Friday.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Timeline
1 minute ago, onek said:

Does anyone know why I am getting this message when I check NVC case status? I have already submitted everything to NVC a month ago and they have confirmed that they have received everything needed and reviewing it, but online it tells me this:

Action required: Submit requested documents
Immigrant Visa Case Number:  

On 2017-02-08, the National Visa Center (NVC) received your Form DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application).
Next steps:
Gather the documents below and send them to us in one (1) envelope or email. Instructions on how to send us your documents are online at https://nvc.state.gov/submit. Do not send these documents separately or it will delay your case processing time.
NOTE: If you already sent NVC the financial and civil documents for your case, please go to https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents/nvc-self-tracker.html for information on your case status. Keep in mind that if you recently submitted documents, NVC may still be reviewing them.
  1. Step 1: Your Petitioner selects and complete Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support). (See detailed instructions)
  2. Step 2: Your Petitioner collects photocopies of financial documents showing income level (example: their federal U.S. tax return, W-2 form). (See detailed instructions)
  3. Step 3: Collect photocopies of your civil documents (example: copy of your birth certificate, passport). (See detailed instructions)
  4. Step 4: Submit the documents above to the National Visa Center (NVC) in one package. (See detailed instructions)
  5. Step 5: Submit documents to the National Visa Center
    • Send 1 envelope to:
      National Visa Center
      Attn: Document Review
      31 Rochester Ave Suite 100
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914
Our current time to review submitted documents is 30 days. However, NVC will not review your file until we have received your form DS-260, the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicant's civil documents. At that time, we will let you know by letter or email if there is anything that is missing or incomplete.
Please note:
  • Your case will not advance until you complete the step(s) above.
  • If there is no activity on your case for one (1) year, your case will enter termination. If your case is terminated, you will have to restart the process and repay fees.
  • If you move or change your address, we will not be able to provide updated information and your case may be terminated. To update your address, please use our online form at http://nvc.state.gov/ask. You can also call +1-603-334-0700 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) Monday through Friday.

Its a standard response they just started using, instead of the previous '' At NVC''. It simply means your case is waiting ti be reviewed.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
2 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Its a standard response they just started using, instead of the previous '' At NVC''. It simply means your case is waiting ti be reviewed.

Thank you. What is Supervisor Review? When and how it's done?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Timeline
5 minutes ago, onek said:

Thank you. What is Supervisor Review? When and how it's done?

SR is a nice way of saying that your case is in queue to be reviewed by a supervisor. Once your case has passed the statutory 8 weeks period from when NVC received your docs in the male (scan date). It gets pulled into SR. I'm not sure if its automatic, but most VJers have had to call in to request this, for it to be done promptly. I'll recommend calling as soon as you hit 8 weeks from your scan date to request a supervisor review. The SR in itself could take anything from another 4-8 weeks to complete.

Called NVC 1 minute ago, did not have to wait at all and I was put straight through to an operator. They said my case was received on March 3, but that a case number has not been assigned yet. The operator was polite, said it could take 2 weeks from receipt for a case number to be assigned. Will try calling again in a couple of days.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

Hello everyone. I had initially posted this yesterday, as a question  for Nigerian VJers, however,  i need advise of anyone who has been in a similar situation or has any useful tips.

I called  NVC to check up on my petition, as i do weekly and found out i have a checklist for birth certificates. Being an EB-5 petition, i had used a lawyer, as it's kind of more complicated than family -based petitions. Anyways, i called my lawyers immediately to let them know, as i was sure we had sent itn birth certificates to NVC.

My lawyer called them and was able to confirm that they are requesting fro a birth certificate issued by NPC, The National Population Commission, as opposed to the one issued by my Local Government which is the one i sent in. The problem is that NPC was established in 1988 and only started issuing BCs in 1992, years after i was born, and so cannot issue my birth certificate.

On the Nigerian consulate website, https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NI.html it did state and i quote exactly as is on their website below:

''Alternate Documents: For people born prior to 1979 or in some cases prior to 1988, a birth certificate issued by a Local Government Authority or a hospital or a baptismal certificate is acceptable. There is also the National Population Commission Attestation of Birth Certificate issued to people whose birth occurred before 1979 when the National Population Commission issued birth certificate was first introduced as a pilot program. Any of these is acceptable.

This means that my local government birth certificate is acceptable and the checklist is an error on the part of NVC. Having established this, how do i go about convincing NVC to change their decision. I know a few VJers have had the same country specific issues and have been able to resolve same by talking to supervisors. I tried that yesterday, but was not able to reach one. I plan to start calling again today very early and hope to be able to reach a supervisor that wil be willing to listen to me and ultimately be convinced. My lawyer thinks we should resend the birth certificates and the website evidence that they are acceptable. However, i know this will reset our scan date and we may have to wait another 10-12 weeks, which i'm really scared of as i cant afford another 10 weeks.as we got this checklist after waiting almost 11 weeks. I have also, asked my lawyers to call back and try and resolve this with a supervisor, as well..

So sorry this is very long, i really need any useful advice and tips on how to handle this one.

Has any other Nigerian had the same experience and how did you resolve this?

Keep calling until you talk to a supervisor before you send anything. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AMINE1980 said:

Keep calling until you talk to a supervisor before you send anything. 

I just spoke with a supervisor now, who told me a note will be put on it and it will be sent to supervisor again for a re-review, can i call it that? Anyways, she went on about how the files were in a separate building and they have to request for it and bla.bla, bla. It may take another 6 weeks, usual jargon. Fingers crossed it will be within a day or 2 as was the case with other VJers who have had similar issues. Will update, soon as i hear back from them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
36 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

I just spoke with a supervisor now, who told me a note will be put on it and it will be sent to supervisor again for a re-review, can i call it that? Anyways, she went on about how the files were in a separate building and they have to request for it and bla.bla, bla. It may take another 6 weeks, usual jargon. Fingers crossed it will be within a day or 2 as was the case with other VJers who have had similar issues. Will update, soon as i hear back from them.

Good luck this process is just unbelievable.

As I am now starting the wait at NVC, I have been keeping myself entertained reading what employees at the NVC have to say about their experience working there. I highly recommend it to take some of the stress off of the wait:

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/National-Visa-Center/reviews

I am busting up laughing at some of the remarks. I can only imagine what a mundane, awful place to work it must be.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, cordoba2015 said:

Probably going to call NVC tomorrow to see if they have received my approved I-130, now that it has been 1 week since USCIS sent it. Hoping to get my case number within the next couple of weeks. Anybody else waiting for their case number?

I am here as well waiting for the case number!! Approved on 17th Feb as on the NOA2.

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, cordoba2015 said:

Called NVC 1 minute ago, did not have to wait at all and I was put straight through to an operator. They said my case was received on March 3, but that a case number has not been assigned yet. The operator was polite, said it could take 2 weeks from receipt for a case number to be assigned. Will try calling again in a couple of days.

oh my!! thats too much time!! :(

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

CLOSED COMPLETED As of yesterday!! 

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello Everyone!! :)

I checked this morning and I have a CC!!! I am so happy.

Documents received: December 12th
Supervisor: Jan 30th

CC: March 7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.