dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TeeA10 said:

YAAAY! Congratulations, about time too. I know i'm right behind you. Dec 22

Thanks!  I bet yours is coming this week!  

Edited by lsu_mike

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Hannah9285 said:

Just spoke to a rep on the phone she explained the whole process and why it has been taking so long ... Our original scan date was November 22 they received the packet however she said they didn't receive the online application until January 5 (even tho we submitted it on November 16...) so that means that our official scan date is January 5 making it week 9 for us (stinks that we lost a good 6 weeks)... She then said it went to supervisor review and is now in the review department ... Fingers crossed for a CC this week ! 

Hows that even possible? Isn't an online submission supposed to be instant? Its absolutely crazy! sorry this happened to you, hopefully you get your CC soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Hows that even possible? Isn't an online submission supposed to be instant? Its absolutely crazy! sorry this happened to you, hopefully you get your CC soon.

@TeeA10 I have no idea :( but I'm glad I have answers now ... Thanks I hope we all get CC this process has been more stressful than USCIS stage 

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hannah9285 said:

@TeeA10 I have no idea :( but I'm glad I have answers now ... Thanks I hope we all get CC this process has been more stressful than USCIS stage 

Hang in there! Some Jasnuary cases are starting to get CCs now.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, laulholley said:

Currently in our 14th week at NVC. Going to see the doctor tomorrow because my blood pressure has been so high the last month. I wonder why :lol::lol::lol:

lol... Very funny... :) . I heard doing " Yoga " helps 

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

16 hours ago, Nana&Akua said:

Okay congrats man... Sometimes I just have this feeling NVC review dept is working on weekends behind the scenes to clear their backlog :ph34r:

I did get an email update this weekend and my query went mid day Friday so i do think theres a chance...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone ,

Is anyone here waiting with scan date December 9th or around it ? My cousin is so upset ( she is not on visajourney ) . Her scan date is December 9th and this is her 13th week. This is TORTURE ! We thought NVC would be faster but, nop. Its just as worst. She has called everyday last week requesting to speak to a supervisor and is told there isn't one available and she is added to the que. Do these supervisors ever call back ?

My scan date is January 18th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Good Morning Everyone ,

Is anyone here waiting with scan date December 9th or around it ? My cousin is so upset ( she is not on visajourney ) . Her scan date is December 9th and this is her 13th week. This is TORTURE ! We thought NVC would be faster but, nop. Its just as worst. She has called everyday last week requesting to speak to a supervisor and is told there isn't one available and she is added to the que. Do these supervisors ever call back ?

Mine has a scan date of December 12th. I am going into 13 weeks today. It is very frustrating! I called today for an update and they continue to say the same as always. "It's in the review department, the supervisor has 6 weeks to review your documents." My case got transferred to a supervisor on Jan 30th. It will be at 6 weeks with the supervisor on Friday. :(   

Edited by solesito873

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm in the same boat as all of you guys @laulholley @iristan & @solesito873! Currently on week 13 now. I'm planning on contacting both of my senators, more the merrier :P

59 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Good Morning Everyone ,

@Zebracakex There are a few of us in that situation, your cousin isn't alone in this!

2 hours ago, Hannah9285 said:

Just spoke to a rep on the phone she explained the whole process and why it has been taking so long ... Our original scan date was November 22 they received the packet however she said they didn't receive the online application until January 5 (even tho we submitted it on November 16...) so that means that our official scan date is January 5 making it week 9 for us (stinks that we lost a good 6 weeks)... She then said it went to supervisor review and is now in the review department ... Fingers crossed for a CC this week ! 

@Hannah9285 By online application do you mean the DS260? If so, then you should definitely check when it was submitted. Look a the confirmation page, and check the date on there. If that is indeed November 22, then call NVC and tell them that THEIR confirmation page shows November 22, so they can't use that excuse! If you don't get a positive response, then definitely contact your senators &/or congressional rep.

14 hours ago, mrx3214 said:

Searching for some employment question help! Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks! 

Does anyone know? If you switch jobs during the NVC stage. If you need to notify them? 

@mrx3214 If you changed your job only, then you don't need to report this change. If you changed your address as a result, then you only need to report the address change. However, like someone else mentioned before me, if you changed in 2016 & received a paycheck in 2016, then you'll get a W-2 from the new employer, & your spouse will have to take that to the interview. Also, if the interview date is after the tax deadline of April 18, 2017, which it is most like to be, then your spouse will have to take the updated AOS, all the applicable W-2s, and other relevant income source proofs, i.e. 1099s, & etc... Hope this helps!

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

I do not think you need to notify NVC at this point that you changed jobs.  When exactly did you switch jobs?  If in 2016, then you will get a W2 from both your old and new employer and should take those to the interview.  In fact, it looks like your interview will be after April 18 (deadline to file taxes), so I would also take an updated AOS.  If you changed jobs in 2017, I would at least take the offer letter showing your position and new salary, and if possible, an employment verification letter that includes start date, title and location of job.  Your spouse should also know all of this info as they may ask during the interview.  In our interview, they asked my spouse "what does your spouse do for work?" and "how long has spouse been working there?".  

Ok thanks guys for the help.   Because it was so close to the beginning of the year. I decided to file my taxes and send NVC my last three years of tax transcripts and my W2.  Haven't started a new job yet. I've had three interviews and was little worried about switching companies. While I'm in the middle of the NVC stage.  As far as her taking all my tax information to the interview. No problem my plan was already to FedEx her everything I sent to NVC anyway.  She already has the original documents since we did the app together. While I was there during holiday break. I also sent them my Etrade stock portfolio even though it wasn't required. 

Thanks for all the answers

3 N/As as of today!!!  How soon should the CC email arrive?  Does anyone know?

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

25 minutes ago, BethyWink said:

3 N/As as of today!!!  How soon should the CC email arrive?  Does anyone know?

Ours never came.  I just called daily until they told me an interview date. The P4 (interview letter) did come though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.