dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, IA0217 said:

@Ahmed & Amy our case escalated to the review department on the same date which is feb.17 am i right? My scan date was dec.20 and got cc on march 2nd. You are right every time i called, got to hear same whatever you mentioned above but they day case got completed i checked before calling them and there were only 2 N/A's. While i was on hold for 25 min the rep told me "it looks like they just completed your case" that just made our day:jest: Wish you all the best hope you get to hear back this week. Good luck!!!

@IA0217 Thank you, I sure hope so. Yeah I'm very close to your dates; review request was on Feb 10th but didn't reach review department until Feb 15. My scan date is Dec/29, so I believe I'm close :)

8 hours ago, Hannah9285 said:

I agree! Called many times already lawyer too... The same info that it is in review .. Planning to call next week to speak with someone who can explain all of this clearly considering it's been so long ...

@Hannah9285 Have you thought about involving your state senator? It might be something to think about if you keep getting the run around from NVC/supervisors, and if your attorney isn't getting answers either. I really hope for you a CC so soon. :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Currently in our 14th week at NVC. Going to see the doctor tomorrow because my blood pressure has been so high the last month. I wonder why :lol::lol::lol:

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

5 minutes ago, laulholley said:

Currently in our 14th week at NVC. Going to see the doctor tomorrow because my blood pressure has been so high the last month. I wonder why :lol::lol::lol:

Please take care. Try not to stress... I know easier said than done. :jest: Yoga can be very helpful in relieving stress and Hibiscus tea is perfect for naturally taking care of high blood pressure. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
11 hours ago, lsu_mike said:

OMG!!!!  I have the 3rd N/A!!!!!  ?????????   Praise God!!!

scan date 12/21/2016

supervisor review 2/3/2017

review dept.   2/23/2017.  

Congrats!!!

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 05-02-2016

I-130 NOA1: 05-10-2016

I-130 Approved: 07-14-2016

NVC

NVC Received: 08-10-2016

Pay AOS Bill: 10-03-2016

Pay IV Bill: 10-03-2016

Submit DS-260: 11-01-2016

Send AOS & IV Package: 12-02-2016 

Scan Date: 12-28-2016

Supervisor Review: 02-08-2017

Case Complete: 03-01-2017

Interview Date: 04-05-2017 APPROVED 😁

Visa Received: 04-10-2017

POE: 05-09-2017

SSN Received: 06-06-2017

Green Card Received: 06-23-2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
8 hours ago, mrx3214 said:

Searching for some employment question help! Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks! 

Does anyone know? If you switch jobs during the NVC stage. If you need to notify them? 

My scan date was February 8th, 2017.

I'm expecting a CC around the end of April or early May. 

My income is good, currently 105k from 2014-2016 tax years. New salary will be around 125K.  

Thanks

I do not think you need to notify NVC at this point that you changed jobs.  When exactly did you switch jobs?  If in 2016, then you will get a W2 from both your old and new employer and should take those to the interview.  In fact, it looks like your interview will be after April 18 (deadline to file taxes), so I would also take an updated AOS.  If you changed jobs in 2017, I would at least take the offer letter showing your position and new salary, and if possible, an employment verification letter that includes start date, title and location of job.  Your spouse should also know all of this info as they may ask during the interview.  In our interview, they asked my spouse "what does your spouse do for work?" and "how long has spouse been working there?".  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Just called to confirm CC after seeing 3 n/A's yesterday.  

Scan date     12/21/2016

supervisor review.  2/3/2017

review dept.    2/23/2017

case complete.    3/3/2017. 

Good luck everyone!!  

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

Just called to confirm CC after seeing 3 n/A's yesterday.  

Scan date     12/21/2016

supervisor review.  2/3/2017

review dept.    2/23/2017

case complete.    3/3/2017. 

Good luck everyone!!  

congrats

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

@IA0217 Thank you, I sure hope so. Yeah I'm very close to your dates; review request was on Feb 10th but didn't reach review department until Feb 15. My scan date is Dec/29, so I believe I'm close :)

@Hannah9285 Have you thought about involving your state senator? It might be something to think about if you keep getting the run around from NVC/supervisors, and if your attorney isn't getting answers either. I really hope for you a CC so soon. :) 

@Ahmed & Amy that's what my parents mentioned because they have a contact! I think we might have to get him involved if it drags on ... Thanks I hope too maybe this is our week ?

Timeline
5 hours ago, laulholley said:

@laulholley we just hit week 15.. I'm sorry you are waiting so long like us but it doesn't make me worry as much to hear we are not the only ones ... I hope you get a CC any day ?

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, lsu_mike said:

OMG!!!!  I have the 3rd N/A!!!!!  ?????????   Praise God!!!

scan date 12/21/2016

supervisor review 2/3/2017

review dept.   2/23/2017.  

YAAAY! Congratulations, about time too. I know i'm right behind you. Dec 22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hannah9285 said:

@laulholley we just hit week 15.. I'm sorry you are waiting so long like us but it doesn't make me worry as much to hear we are not the only ones ... I hope you get a CC any day ?

My scan date is Nov 15 and still waiting for my case complete. I just called and finally got connected with a supervisor this morning. She said she sent an email to the review department. Not sure if this means my files will finally get looked at. Did you try and speak to a supervisor yet?

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

My scan date is 12/29. I'm now a total 9 going on 10 weeks from scan date and 3 going on 4 weeks supervisor review.

I call twice a week as well... and get the same answers every single time. I even did an NVC inquiry online once I hit 6 weeks (before they increased the review times to 8 weeks) and finally received a response on Friday 3/3. The response was generic, the same as what they always tell me on the phone.

Last week when I called, the rep again told me that they received a large amount of mail and they are trying to process as fast as they can (This is what is always said and this is what was said in the email.) 

I understand that, but when she says that I have up to 8 more weeks from the time the supervisor review was requested, is just disheartening sometimes. I asked her if their was any way she could tell me if they can know if my case is actively being reviewed or not, and she said she does not have that information available to provide. 

I am polite, and I do think it makes a difference, even if the reps are not always so nice. I am understanding that they are overwhelmed, understaffed and have had immigration workers protesting about their salary dispute with their government contractor; I am understanding of all this, but I still would like to know if my case is actually being reviewed and for it to finally finish. 

I hope for us all to get CC soon, those who have waited longer than the review times, and I hope for those who are just starting off for a quick and easy process. 

I know right? You get the same generic reply all the time to both emails and calls. I'm kind of surprised when people say they were told there case was being actively reviewed. I have asked that question several times and i was told each time they do not have any access to that info and can't tell by checking the system. I just know this is my week!

Edited by TeeA10

Timeline
5 minutes ago, iristan said:

My scan date is Nov 15 and still waiting for my case complete. I just called and finally got connected with a supervisor this morning. She said she sent an email to the review department. Not sure if this means my files will finally get looked at. Did you try and speak to a supervisor yet?

@iristan wow I can't believe we are dealing with these long processing times :/ I hope you get a CC this week ... I am going to call this morning and I will try to connect with a supervisor so they can explain the delays better to me ... Fingers crossed for everybody in this situation ... Makes you worry when you see people with December and January scan dates already have case completes and some even an interview date :/ 

Timeline

Just spoke to a rep on the phone she explained the whole process and why it has been taking so long ... Our original scan date was November 22 they received the packet however she said they didn't receive the online application until January 5 (even tho we submitted it on November 16...) so that means that our official scan date is January 5 making it week 9 for us (stinks that we lost a good 6 weeks)... She then said it went to supervisor review and is now in the review department ... Fingers crossed for a CC this week ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.