dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am very frustrated at this point... Is there anyone else reading who has been waiting 14+ weeks for a cc? Or is our case just extra slow.... Starting to lose hope considering we are going on week 15 

5 hours ago, Auds said:

1. Its just standard

2. Still processing basically, when is your scan date?  Mine around 18 dec was CC 3 days ago.

Mine is dec 21. Hopefully I'm not far behind you with a cc!

4 minutes ago, Dre876 said:

Still haven't sent in my AOS and IV packages yet, wow

Wow.  You know your time starts when they actually receive the packages. 

On 3/4/2017 at 1:48 PM, VeVe said:

Have you started calling? I started calling at least twice a week when we reached the 6 week point. We had a case complete at exactly 8 weeks and interviews (2 related cases) scheduled 10 days later. 

On 3/4/2017 at 7:44 PM, Raag said:

Congrats on your case complete! I have been calling twice a week but it does not seem to have any impact on document review. 10th week since scan date; 3 weeks completed on supervisor review :-(

23 hours ago, VeVe said:

Next time you call ask them to explain the process because it has been 10 weeks.  Hopefully you will get a decent representative who will answer the questions so that they make sense.  If the representative is abrupt, let them finish, say Thank you and call again. Ask for a tier 2 representative. It's documented each time you call so that should help move the process along. 

22 hours ago, Hannah9285 said:

Basically in the same situation as you :( going on week 15 ... No cc yet ..

My scan date is 12/29. I'm now a total 9 going on 10 weeks from scan date and 3 going on 4 weeks supervisor review.

I call twice a week as well... and get the same answers every single time. I even did an NVC inquiry online once I hit 6 weeks (before they increased the review times to 8 weeks) and finally received a response on Friday 3/3. The response was generic, the same as what they always tell me on the phone.

Last week when I called, the rep again told me that they received a large amount of mail and they are trying to process as fast as they can (This is what is always said and this is what was said in the email.) 

I understand that, but when she says that I have up to 8 more weeks from the time the supervisor review was requested, is just disheartening sometimes. I asked her if their was any way she could tell me if they can know if my case is actively being reviewed or not, and she said she does not have that information available to provide. 

I am polite, and I do think it makes a difference, even if the reps are not always so nice. I am understanding that they are overwhelmed, understaffed and have had immigration workers protesting about their salary dispute with their government contractor; I am understanding of all this, but I still would like to know if my case is actually being reviewed and for it to finally finish. 

I hope for us all to get CC soon, those who have waited longer than the review times, and I hope for those who are just starting off for a quick and easy process. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dre876 said:

Still haven't sent in my AOS and IV packages yet, wow

I'm sure you have your reason for the hold up, but try to send 'em asap. You should know the wait time after reading so many posts about them.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations to all CCs.

And have patience everyone who's waiting for one. Good luck everyone.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, dz.bilel said:

Scan date February 03rd and still waiting :(

Our scan date was November 22 and still waiting for CC so I think patience is the key in this situation :/ 

OMG!!!!  I have the 3rd N/A!!!!!  ?????????   Praise God!!!

scan date 12/21/2016

supervisor review 2/3/2017

review dept.   2/23/2017.  

9 minutes ago, Hannah9285 said:

Our scan date was November 22 and still waiting for CC so I think patience is the key in this situation :/ 

Have inquired why it's taken so long for them to process your case or spoken to a supervisor? That just seems too long.

2 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

scan date 12/21/2016

Congratulations!!!! Whoo Hoo!!! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

My scan date is 12/29. I'm now a total 9 going on 10 weeks from scan date and 3 going on 4 weeks supervisor review.

I call twice a week as well... and get the same answers every single time. I even did an NVC inquiry online once I hit 6 weeks (before they increased the review times to 8 weeks) and finally received a response on Friday 3/3. The response was generic, the same as what they always tell me on the phone.

Last week when I called, the rep again told me that they received a large amount of mail and they are trying to process as fast as they can (This is what is always said and this is what was said in the email.) 

I understand that, but when she says that I have up to 8 more weeks from the time the supervisor review was requested, is just disheartening sometimes. I asked her if their was any way she could tell me if they can know if my case is actively being reviewed or not, and she said she does not have that information available to provide. 

I am polite, and I do think it makes a difference, even if the reps are not always so nice. I am understanding that they are overwhelmed, understaffed and have had immigration workers protesting about their salary dispute with their government contractor; I am understanding of all this, but I still would like to know if my case is actually being reviewed and for it to finally finish. 

I hope for us all to get CC soon, those who have waited longer than the review times, and I hope for those who are just starting off for a quick and easy process. 

@Ahmed & Amy our case escalated to the review department on the same date which is feb.17 am i right? My scan date was dec.20 and got cc on march 2nd. You are right every time i called, got to hear same whatever you mentioned above but they day case got completed i checked before calling them and there were only 2 N/A's. While i was on hold for 25 min the rep told me "it looks like they just completed your case" that just made our day:jest: Wish you all the best hope you get to hear back this week. Good luck!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

scan date 12/21/2016

Congratulations ???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.