dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Annmar said:

Cc 2017/03/03

Scan date 2017/01/11

Waiting on my son's case to be completed. Hope its soon as the rep told me earlier.

I'm excited but feel really bad for those waiting for several weeks. Hope you guys get cc soon.

:dance: @Annmar Congratulations on your CC and wish for your sons CC soon :) 

2 hours ago, swelove said:

Hi everyone, I have a brief question about order of things because the guides confused me.

Case received at NVC Feb 27, 2017

Case number and invoice number received March 3, 2017 (I called to find out). 

As as soon as I got these numbers, I went in and completed the choice of agent. When will the aos and iv bills come online? I haven't received a letter from nvc yet, but just went ahead with the numbers I had. From the guides, it seems like the ds 261 should become available with the aos fee? But I could only fill out the ds261. Am I jumping the gun too much?

The DS 261 (IV application) will become available once the IV payment is paid and shows paid in the NVC database. You should receive an email for both AOS and IV invoices. Call NVC and tell them your choice of agent and provide them your emails and contact information. Sometimes when you do the DS-260 online it takes time for them to process that information, that's why after you fill out the DS-260 (choice of agent) you should call them and just confirm the information (It just makes it a bit quicker). When I did that, I dot my invoices very fast and was able to pay everything, and then after my payment was considered paid for IV, I was able to access the IV application.  Good luck :) 

4 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

:dance: @Annmar Congratulations on your CC and wish for your sons CC soon :) 

The DS 261 (IV application) will become available once the IV payment is paid and shows paid in the NVC database. You should receive an email for both AOS and IV invoices. Call NVC and tell them your choice of agent and provide them your emails and contact information. Sometimes when you do the DS-260 online it takes time for them to process that information, that's why after you fill out the DS-260 (choice of agent) you should call them and just confirm the information (It just makes it a bit quicker). When I did that, I dot my invoices very fast and was able to pay everything, and then after my payment was considered paid for IV, I was able to access the IV application.  Good luck :) 

Ds260 is the IV application. DS 261 is the choice of agent. I just looked at our confirmation letter to make sure.

5 hours ago, Annmar said:

Cc 2017/03/03

Scan date 2017/01/11

Waiting on my son's case to be completed. Hope its soon as the rep told me earlier.

I'm excited but feel really bad for those waiting for several weeks. Hope you guys get cc soon.

Congratulations! I'm a january scan date too :-) Yours was still 7.5 weeks though... I'm hopeful they're managing to speed up now that they've given more realistic timeframes. 

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

2 hours ago, VeVe said:

Ds260 is the IV application. DS 261 is the choice of agent. I just looked at our confirmation letter to make sure.

Thanks @VeVe for correcting me. You are right.. Got the #'s mixed up, honest mistake. :P Thanks for catching that.

@swelove Correction; the DS-260 (IV APP) will become available once your IV payment shows 'Paid' on the ceac website. 

Good luck and I hope for you a speedy process. 

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
23 hours ago, SJLOVE said:

Did you call nvc to to get your nvc#  and what date was your Noa2,  I'm trying to figure out when is the best time to call them my approve Noa2 was 2/23

My noa2 was 2/22 I call nvc Thursday on 2/27 nvc received case but system didn't assign case number yet I will call monday again

Edited by Ninahuanca

I would suggest that if anyone has received a case complete but not an interview date, call NVC. Last month they started telling us, over the phone, our interview dates (NVC phone option 4). They only schedule interviews the first couple of weeks of the month. Be patient because the wait time to get a representative may be between 20-45 minutes. Good luck. 

8 hours ago, lsu_mike said:

That sux. Hopefully ur CC is coming soon!  I'm at 10 weeks and about to pull my hair out.  Can't imagine what I'd feel like at 14 weeks!  

Have you started calling? I started calling at least twice a week when we reached the 6 week point. We had a case complete at exactly 8 weeks and interviews (2 related cases) scheduled 10 days later. 

Edited by VeVe

38 minutes ago, VeVe said:

Have you started calling? I started calling at least twice a week when we reached the 6 week point. We had a case complete at exactly 8 weeks and interviews (2 related cases) scheduled 10 days later. 

I call every Friday.  Maybe I should call more often. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, VeVe said:

Did you print out the DS260 confirmation page? While we were waiting, I would call and the representative asked if  the DS260 was completed.  I did yes, I have the confirmation. I was told the DS260 is not reviewed until the entire package is reviewed.   Our case was completed in exactly 8 weeks. 

Thanks I will call Monday .. And yes everything included and the confirmation page was included as well :/ our lawyer says it all depends on who reviews your case some are slower than others but will call Monday 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, VeVe said:

I would suggest that if anyone has received a case complete but not an interview date, call NVC. Last month they started telling us, over the phone, our interview dates (NVC phone option 4). They only schedule interviews the first couple of weeks of the month. Be patient because the wait time to get a representative may be between 20-45 minutes. Good luck. 

when I called it took me 50mins waiting online, almost give up. when I got through, a very nice rep. gave me the time, totally made my day, ha

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I have been reading this blog and it very informative. I am hoping somebody could give some answers on the following questions;

1) When I check on CEAC case status : Submit required documents. But I already submitted all documents and is on their system Jan. 12, 2017.

2) Ask NVC responded to my inquiry and said that the correspondence is under review? What does this mean? How long will take it?

I appreciate all input.

55 minutes ago, Randy P said:

Hi,

I have been reading this blog and it very informative. I am hoping somebody could give some answers on the following questions;

1) When I check on CEAC case status : Submit required documents. But I already submitted all documents and is on their system Jan. 12, 2017.

2) Ask NVC responded to my inquiry and said that the correspondence is under review? What does this mean? How long will take it?

I appreciate all input.

1. Its just standard

2. Still processing basically, when is your scan date?  Mine around 18 dec was CC 3 days ago.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, VeVe said:Have you started calling? I started calling at least twice a week when we reached the 6 week point. We had a case complete at exactly 8 weeks and interviews (2 related cases) scheduled 10 days later. 

Congrats on your case complete! I have been calling twice a week but it does not seem to have any impact on document review. 10th week since scan date; 3 weeks completed on supervisor review :-(

Our CR-1 Journey:

06/17/2016 : NOA1 date

10/31/2016 : Transferred to Potomac Service Centre

11/30/2016 : Approved!

12/07/2016 : NVC Received

12/12/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

12/12/2016 : Submitted DS-261

12/13/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC

12/13/2016 : AOS fee invoiced & Paid

12/16/2016 : IV fee invoiced & Paid

12/20/2016 : Submitted DS-260

12/23/2016 : Delivered to NVC

12/28/2016 : Scan date

02/22/2017 : In review dept

03/07/2017 : Case Complete

04/28/2017 : Interview (Approved 🙂)

05/05/2017 : Visa on hand

05/15/2017 : Entered USA

35 minutes ago, Raag said:

Congrats on your case complete! I have been calling twice a week but it does not seem to have any impact on document review. 10th week since scan date; 3 weeks completed on supervisor review :-(

Next time you call ask them to explain the process because it has been 10 weeks.  Hopefully you will get a decent representative who will answer the questions so that they make sense.  If the representative is abrupt, let them finish, say Thank you and call again. Ask for a tier 2 representative. It's documented each time you call so that should help move the process along. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Raag said:

Basically in the same situation as you :( going on week 15 ... No cc yet ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.