dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2017

1,681 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Tanish said:

No, that should be fine normally, but looking at the current processing time, they may or may not give you a checklist for 2016 tax returns. You never know who is reviewing your case and how does he/she evaluates your case. They may also give you a checklist saying you need to bring updated I-864 and latest tax returns at the interview.

To weed out all the possible reasons of delay, I would suggest you apply for extension for 2016 taxes and include that in your AOS and IV package. (This is considering you are waiting for your ITIN and also delaying your tax returns filing because of that)

Thank you for weighing in Tanish, very very helpful! In this case, I will probably file MFS and then amend it once we get his ITIN. I do not want to be hit with any penalties for filing late at this point. Already being hammered with enough taxes as a microenterprise owner and with the loss of my Head of Household status. :bonk:

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Spoke to NVS rep. She said the scan date is determined on 2 factors the date they recieved your package and the date you complete the online IV . It's the latter of the two.  Ex: I complete my IV 3/24 and they recieved my package 3/28 so my date is 3/28

6 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

I find it odd that they said they can't tell if your file has been opened. When I called a week ago they told me my documents are received but that they haven't strted reviewing them yet. So they must know somehow.

Yeah that's what everyone tells me whenever I called them. This is the first time someone said that we cannot say anything. Whole process is called Review. 

hey march nvc filers,

can any of you confirm that it takes up to 6 weeks before NVC receives your case from USCIS? ust spoke with NVC and they mentioned up t 6 weeks while i was told up to 2 weeks by a fellow applicant while the approval notice says up to 30 days.

thoughts?

1 minute ago, cake68 said:

hey march nvc filers,

can any of you confirm that it takes up to 6 weeks before NVC receives your case from USCIS? ust spoke with NVC and they mentioned up t 6 weeks while i was told up to 2 weeks by a fellow applicant while the approval notice says up to 30 days.

thoughts?

mine didn't take that long, after my case was approved uscis sent it to nvc two days later. after a week i called and was able to get my case and invoice number. so just track to see when uscis sends your case then start calling nvc to see if they got it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 minutes ago, cake68 said:

hey march nvc filers,

thoughts?

I called this Monday about my petition, it was approved 3/18. He said that they say the wait time is 6 weeks, but he asked me to call back in 1 or 2 more weeks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, cake68 said:

hey march nvc filers,

thoughts?

mine took 5 days. 

Edited by beppenyc

1 hour ago, April Mora said:

I called this Monday about my petition, it was approved 3/18. He said that they say the wait time is 6 weeks, but he asked me to call back in 1 or 2 more weeks.

thanks.  makes sense.  i was approved march 22nd so im thinking i might call again in 7 days.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post an update. I called today and received my interview date :jest:

Scan date NVC: January 19

Sup review: March: 17

Case complete: March 27

interview scheduled: March 28

interview date: May 16 Ciudad Juárez,

México

this forum helped me so much through this process. Everyone's kind words and support helped me get through those hard frustrating days! Wish you all the best of luck!!! 

9 hours ago, MrGeorge said:

Just called NVC.  Wife's interview is May 8.

Your review time will over on April 13th. So starting from Scan date 26th January - 13th April, it's been in review. I told him that the last person I talked to told be that no one has touched my file yet. He said I don't know how they checked but I cannot see anything on my system. So basically the all 11 weeks is called the review time. 

any case completes today?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsEmm said:

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post an update. I called today and received my interview date :jest:

Scan date NVC: January 19

Sup review: March: 17

Case complete: March 27

interview scheduled: March 28

interview date: May 16 Ciudad Juárez,

México

this forum helped me so much through this process. Everyone's kind words and support helped me get through those hard frustrating days! Wish you all the best of luck!!! 

Awesome news! We have similar dates, my scan date was Jan 20 and My case was completed March 22 and I called last Friday and they didn't have an interview date yet from my embassy. Maybe I will try to call later and see! All the best on the interview!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Debeg said:

Awesome news! We have similar dates, my scan date was Jan 20 and My case was completed March 22 and I called last Friday and they didn't have an interview date yet from my embassy. Maybe I will try to call later and see! All the best on the interview!

great there is hope that process will take around 10 weeks and not 11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.