sunshinestate2013

N-400 - March 2017 Filers

2,795 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
20 minutes ago, BRONXRN said:

Call the 1800 number on site there have no updates other than what is on the website...states will have to make an info pass appt to my local office. Meanwhile, I have been checking the website and no appointment is available...keep getting  Option to check back tomorrow.

When you call the 1-800 number, ask to speak to a Tier-2 (or level-2) officer; they have access to a lot more info, provided that they're willing to share it...the call center people can only read what is on the website and are totally useless.

Hi Everyone!

I finally had my interview yesterday at 26 Federal Plaza, NYC and it was a very easy and pleasant process.

My interview was scheduled for 7:05 am so i arrived 6:45 and waited in line until we were instructed to enter the building. Upon entering, the first process was to be screened by security which was fast and easy. I then went to the 8th floor where I was given a document instructing me to go to the 4th floor and wait to be called. The wait room was small and i figured after checking in i wouldn't have a long wait since there was only 3 people ahead of me. At about 7:10 a pleasant gentlemen called my name and as i walked towards him he held the door open and greeted me with a pleasant good morning. I felt more at ease and was confident that the interview would be short. I followed him to his office where he ask me to swear that I'll truthfully answer all his questions. He them told me that it would be a short interview and I would be done by 7:20 am.

He sat at his desk and gathered a few documents together. First thing he asked me to do was read a sentence on a sheet of paper. Then he gave me another document and told me to write the answer exactly how it was written on the document. Each time he asked me a question he would check the box next to it if i answered correctly. I was then asked 6 questions, which i answered correctly. He asked:

1. Who was the first President of the United States? (he chuckled and said it was easy when i answered)

2. Where is the Statue of Liberty located?

3. Who is the Governor of our State?

4. Name 2 American Holidays

5. What is the name of the movement that tried to end racial discrimination?

6. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?

We then reviewed my application. I told the officer that I got married after I filed the application and was able to update my information in the system by adding my new surname and my husband's information. He told me to take my marriage certificate with me to the oath ceremony just in case there are any confusion. He reviewed my Green card, looked through my passport to match the dates I traveled outside of the US. Finally, he had my sign a couple of documents with my new name and handed me a form stating that he is recommending me for approval. He then told me make sure to bring my whole family to the ceremony and as he walked me to the door he thanked me for an easy interview. He said he hates interviews where it's like pulling teeth just to get an answer lol.

He told me that My ceremony should be the last week of August or within first 2 week of September.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ja2NY said:

Hi Everyone!

I finally had my interview yesterday at 26 Federal Plaza, NYC and it was a very easy and pleasant process.

Congratulations!

2 hours ago, Ja2NY said:

Hi Everyone!

My interview was scheduled for 7:05 am so i arrived 6:45 and waited in line until we were instructed to enter the building. Upon entering, the first process was to be screened by security which was fast and easy. I then went to the 8th floor where I was given a document instructing me to go to the 4th floor and wait to be called. The wait room was small and i figured after checking in i wouldn't have a long wait since there was only 3 people ahead of me. At about 7:10 a pleasant gentlemen called my name and as i walked towards him he held the door open and greeted me with a pleasant good morning. I felt more at ease and was confident that the interview would be short. I followed him to his office where he ask me to swear that I'll truthfully answer all his questions. He them told me that it would be a short interview and I would be done by 7:20 am.

He sat at his desk and gathered a few documents together. First thing he asked me to do was read a sentence on a sheet of paper. Then he gave me another document and told me to write the answer exactly how it was written on the document. Each time he asked me a question he would check the box next to it if i answered correctly. I was then asked 6 questions, which i answered correctly. He asked:

1. Who was the first President of the United States? (he chuckled and said it was easy when i answered)

We then reviewed my application. I told the officer that I got married after I filed the application and was able to update my information in the system by adding my new surname and my husband's information. He told me to take my marriage certificate with me to the oath ceremony just in case there are any confusion. He reviewed my Green card, looked through my passport to match the dates I traveled outside of the US. Finally, he had my sign a couple of documents with my new name and handed me a form stating that he is recommending me for approval. He then told me make sure to bring my whole family to the ceremony and as he walked me to the door he thanked me for an easy interview. He said he hates interviews where it's like pulling teeth just to get an answer lol.

He told me that My ceremony should be the last week of August or within first 2 week of September.

Congratulations!

AOS

09/04/13 Package received
09/11/13 Checks cashed
09/14/13 NOAs hardcopies received in the mail
09/17/13 Biometrics letter received in the mail for 10/09/2012
10/09/13 Biometrics
10/09/13 Moved to "Testing and Interview"
11/13/13 EAD changed to "Card Production"
11/22/13 EAD delivered by USPS mail
05/16/14 Text notice of interview scheduled for June 23rd, 2014

06/23/14 Interview day. Approved on the spot.

06/27/14 E-mail/Text for Card Production

06/27/14 E-mail/Text with USPS tracking number

06/28/14 Received welcome letter in the mail

07/01/14 Green card in hand!

ROC

03/24/2016 Package mailed

03/25/2016 Packaged delivered at CSC

03/29/2016 Check cashed

03/31/2016 NOA1 received in the mail

04/14/2016 Biometrics letter received in the mail for 04/27/2016

04/27/2016 Biometrics

10/26/2016 E-mail for Card Production

11/01/2016 Received ROC Approval letter in the mail

11/02/2016 E-mail stating Card was mailed today

11/02/2016 E-mail with USPS tracking number

11/04/2016 Green card in hand!

N-400

03/24/2017 Package mailed

03/25/2017 Package delivered at Dallas/Lewisville, TX

03/30/2017 Check cashed

04/07/2017 NOA1 received in the mail

04/14/2017 Biometrics letter received in the mail for 04/24/2017

04/24/2017 Biometrics

05/23/2017 Moved to "In Line For An Interview"

05/30/2018 E-mail for interview scheduled

07/09/2018 Interview day. Recommended for Approval.

07/12/2018 E-mail/Text for "We are Scheduling your Oath Ceremony"

07/25/2018 E-mail/Text for "We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony"

07/30/2018 Received Oath Ceremony letter in the mail

Timeline
15 hours ago, Ja2NY said:

Hi Everyone!

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nick79 said:

Congrats!

Hello Nick79,

Any news in your case? You mentioned an infopass appointment taking place this week.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, casualuser said:

Hello Nick79,

Any news in your case? You mentioned an infopass appointment taking place this week.

Yes I had the infopass this morning, complete waste of time (and sleep); the officer parroted the same story that I've heard on the phone from the latest L2 officer I spoke to: my case is "ready for scheduling", whatever that means since I'm not even in line yet. She couldn't even tell me whether the background check cleared...bottom line, I just need to wait.

16 hours ago, Ja2NY said:

Hi Everyone!

Congratulations Ja2NY and thanks for sharing your experience. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've gathered from everyone who've shared their interview experience thus far - The questions of the civics test are not multiple choice style questions. Is that correct? I'm asking because they are multiple choice in the study manuals and I assumed that they would be in the same format at the interview. 

Thanks

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Nick79 said:

Yes I had the infopass this morning, complete waste of time (and sleep); the officer parroted the same story that I've heard on the phone from the latest L2 officer I spoke to: my case is "ready for scheduling", whatever that means since I'm not even in line yet. She couldn't even tell me whether the background check cleared...bottom line, I just need to wait.

So, will go to to a lawyer as you said or you decided to wait until your case is out of normal processing time? I am personally in favor of waiting, there is not too much legal wiggle room before you are officially late.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, casualuser said:

So, will go to to a lawyer as you said or you decided to wait until your case is out of normal processing time? I am personally in favor of waiting, there is not too much legal wiggle room before you are officially late.

Agreed, not planning on wasting $; I know a bunch of other people in the NYC FO who are in the same exact situation so I'll just give it more time.

24 minutes ago, Private One said:

Congratulations Ja2NY and thanks for sharing your experience. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've gathered from everyone who've shared their interview experience thus far - The questions of the civics test are not multiple choice style questions. Is that correct? I'm asking because they are multiple choice in the study manuals and I assumed that they would be in the same format at the interview. 

Thanks

Thank you so much. 

No the questions are not multiple choice questions. They ask the question and you give them the answer. I studied from the study guide i printed off the USCIS website and I noticed the questions he asked me were exactly the same questions from the study guide and he wanted the same answer that was provided on the study guide. When he asked me Where is the statue of Liberty located I told him on Liberty Island in NYC. He asked me what's the area called. The answer he was looking for is The New York Harbor, which is the answer that's given on the study guide.

2 hours ago, Nick79 said:

They never give a good answer my wife call because her case Is in line for interview since april 7 and the L2 officer say that her case Is not yet in the office we dont now what that means but he say that we still have to wait for the interview to be schedule

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JJBUI3 said:

They never give a good answer my wife call because her case Is in line for interview since april 7 and the L2 officer say that her case Is not yet in the office we dont now what that means but he say that we still have to wait for the interview to be schedule

That's the same thing they've been telling me, my case is also still at the NBC; not sure whether "being in line" even means anything at this point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.