sunshinestate2013

N-400 - March 2017 Filers

2,795 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Question. Does anyone know why some applicants receive the letter for oath immediately after the interview while some are told to expect it in mail in 2-3 weeks when in both cases the application is recommended for approval?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, FinalChapter17 said:

Question. Does anyone know why some applicants receive the letter for oath immediately after the interview while some are told to expect it in mail in 2-3 weeks when in both cases the application is recommended for approval?

I think it all depends on which field office handles the case. Raleigh for example used to advertise on the www.uscis.gov web page* that they have two oaths per week, while some other offices offer only one ceremony per month.

* I cannot find this information now.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yay! I passed!

Everything went smoothly.. I came with my brother who has an interview too. Our appointment was 1:05pm.  We got checked in at 12:35 but my brother was told to go to the 3rd floor and I was told to wait in the waiting area A. I don’t know why we got separated. Anyways, it only took him 15mins and he passed too while I’m still waiting. 1:45 finally an IO called me to go to his office, he was nice and he even apologized for the delay. When we got to his office, he told me to put my bag in the chair next to me and to remain standing and he asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth. He then asked me for my GC,Passport,ID and Marriage Certificate which is good thing I brought it with me. He made a copy of my GC and Passport. He then told me that we will start with Reading and Writing test. He hand me a paper and told me to read it “Who can vote?” Then gave me a paper to write with “Citizen can vote.” IO said you passed the Reading and writing test part. Now we will start with the Civic test then he asked me...

*What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?

*How many amendments does the Constitution have? 

*Who makes federal laws? 

*Why did the colonist fight the British? 

*Who is the Vice president of the US?

*What is the highest court in the US?

I answered it all correctly and IO said Congratulations you passed the Civic test. After that he reviewed my N400, he asked me my full name, address, phone#, How did you get here in the US? He even asked me how did your husband got here in the US?is he a lawful permanent resident and when did he become one? Also he asked how and when did me and my husband meet? I wasn’t expecting those questions lol Anyways, a lot of questions, about my kids their birthdays, my husband’s birthday, date of our marriage. Who live with me.. etc. then the yes or no questions, it’s okay as long as you’re telling the truth you will pass. I asked the IO about the Oath Ceremony he told me you might go on October 26 or Nov 9. And to wait for the ceremony letter. 

I also received the application for passport that I will bring in to the ceremony. 

Best of luck everyone. I hope my experience will help you on what to expect on your interview.

4 hours ago, FinalChapter17 said:

Not sure why but there was this girl on the day of my interview, she asked the IO if there's another schedule ? He said that's all they have for right now. I'm 1 of 100 to sworn in tomorrow and their room capacity is 300. They will let family to come in for as long as it will not exceeded the capacity.

Finally I'm a 🇺🇸 Citizen!!  

06/10/2008- GC

02/28/2017- N-400 sent!

03/02/2017- Received

03/07/2017- Cashed

03/07/2017- NOA

03/30/2017- Biometrics

04/03/2017- in line for interview 

08/21/2017- Notice for interview  

08/25/2017- Received letter for interview date

09/26/2017- INTERVIEW!! (PASSED!!)

09/29/2017- OATH TAKING CEREMONY

Timeline
1 hour ago, marga_20 said:

Yay! I passed!

Congratulations! Is your green card employment based or marriage based? I am asking because of the marriage certificate you were asked.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

@marga_20  congratulations! 

I30 Petition for my Mother Timeline

SVC: Texas Service Center

03/01/2018- Sent Petition to USCIS via USPS

03/05/2018- USCIS received petition PRIORITY DATE

03/08/2018- NOA1

08/31/2018- USCIS Approved Petition

09/03/2018- NOA2

09/10/2018- Case sent to NVC

09/18/2018- NVC received case

10/12/2018- received email from NVC with the case # ( CEAC processing )

10/16/2018- Paid Fees AOS and Visa Fee

10/19/2018- Submitted Documents. Civil Documents/AOS and completed DS260

10/30/2018- received email from NVC. checked my CEAC acct rejected AOS, Police Clearance and Birth Certificate

Reason: some part is cut off and not clear. Resubmitted the same day.

11/08/2018- Received an email from NVC that all the required documents are approved. Its documentarily qualified and they will schedule the interview.

11/19/2018- Received an email that interview is scheduled for December 17

11/22/2018- First day medical

11/23/2018- Second day medical saw abnormality on the xray need to go back for sputum culture.

1/31/2019-Back to St.Lukes. Medical approved. Scheduled Interview 

2/08/2019-INTERVIEW PASSED

2/13/2019-Visa Issued Status

Timeline
1 hour ago, casualuser said:

Congratulations! Is your green card employment based or marriage based? I am asking because of the marriage certificate you were asked.

1 hour ago, casualuser said:

Nope, My mom was petitioned by my grandma and i was a derivative coz Im underage. I don’t know either why the IO asked for my marriage certificate. 

26 minutes ago, EandJ said:

@marga_20  congratulations! 

Thank you! Now I’m waiting for the Oath ceremony letter.

Timeline
8 hours ago, marga_20 said:

Nope, My mom was petitioned by my grandma and i was a derivative coz Im underage. I don’t know either why the IO asked for my marriage certificate. 

Did he want the original document and he made a copy? I hope he did, since both me and my wife have only one document we share.

Timeline
14 hours ago, casualuser said:

I think it all depends on which field office handles the case. Raleigh for example used to advertise on the www.uscis.gov web page* that they have two oaths per week, while some other offices offer only one ceremony per month.

I found the following for Raleigh using Google cache :

Naturalization Ceremonies

The Raleigh-Durham Field Office has Judicial Ceremonies at least once per month and Administrative Ceremonies are held once or twice per week.  The Raleigh-Durham Field Office occasionally has same-day naturalization ceremonies.

Link: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HVDI_i_Wp-cJ:https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/north-carolina-raleigh-durham-field-office+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Interestingly, original (or updated) field office pages do not contain information about naturalization ceremonies anymore. It is probably possible to find archived web pages for other field offices using the same method.

29 minutes ago, casualuser said:

I found the following for Raleigh using Google cache :

Naturalization Ceremonies

The Raleigh-Durham Field Office has Judicial Ceremonies at least once per month and Administrative Ceremonies are held once or twice per week.  The Raleigh-Durham Field Office occasionally has same-day naturalization ceremonies.

Link: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HVDI_i_Wp-cJ:https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/north-carolina-raleigh-durham-field-office+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Interestingly, original (or updated) field office pages do not contain information about naturalization ceremonies anymore. It is probably possible to find archived web pages for other field offices using the same method.

It is good to know that information....I also did a search and found this for baltimore FO.......

http://www.mdd.uscourts.gov/ceremony-dates

@SalJoy looks like this information may be useful to you for the 4th.  I have my interview on the 5th and there is a ceremony that day.....you might get your letter that day for the following day or the 19th....

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

Timeline
15 hours ago, casualuser said:

The Raleigh office does have more ceremonies. The IO asked me if I would be able to make it for Friday the 29th Sept, but that was a short notice for me. So he signed me up for the next ceremony in a weeks time on Friday the 6th of Oct.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, marga_20 said:

Congratulations!! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, casualuser said:

Did he want the original document and he made a copy? I hope he did, since both me and my wife have only one document we share.

He asked for either original or photocopy of our Marriage certificate. He didn’t keep it, he just looked at it. So you’re good!

Timeline
7 hours ago, casualuser said:

I am not sure how long you have been a GC resident, but for my case I had applied based on my marriage (since my GC is marriage-based). The IO said he was changing the application to residency based since I have been here for over 5 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.